People arrested re;Mari Luz

If you have problems then perhaps one of the members might have a suggestion or tell you how they coped with a certain situation. Also we could post links for all children that are missing and need to be found. All aspects of child welfare discussed here, new and old cases. Children that have been let down by Social Services and the authorities.

Re: People arrested re;Mari Luz

Postby bjr » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:42 am

Full Article.

Madrid - A couple has been arrested in connection with the death of 5-year-old girl Mari Luz Cortes, whose disappearance shocked southern Spain, police said Wednesday. The detainees lived in the same neighbourhood in the city of Huelva as Mari Luz's family.

The circumstances of the death of Mari Luz, whose body was found floating in a river on March 7 after two months of searches, have been unclear.

The case of Mari Luz has been compared with that of 4-year-old British girl Madeleine McCann, who went missing on May 3, 2007, in a southern Portuguese holiday resort not far from where Mari Luz disappeared.

The fate of Madeleine, who made headlines all over the world, has not been clarified.
To my critics
When I'm in a sober mood, I worry, work and think,
When I'm in a drunken mood, I gamble, play and drink,
But when my moods are over and my time has come to pass,
I hope I'm buried upside down, so the world may kiss my ar*e
bjr

Postby bjr » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:45 am

Full Article from typicallyspanish.com

Married couple detained in the Mari Luz Cort├®s case
By h.b. - Mar 26, 2008 - 12:18 PM
ALSO SEE : ÔÇó Man confesses to involvement in the death of Mari Luz Cort├®s, but claims she fell and died accidentally - Mar 26, 2008 - 12:28 PM

Juan Jos├® Cort├®s, father of Mari Luz - Archive photo EFE
enlarge photo

Mari Luz's father, Juan Jos├®, has said the family had thought it was the man now arrested from the very start of the case
We have more details on what now appears to be the arrest of a married couple in connection with the disappearance and death of the 5 year old girl from Huelva in Spain, Mar├¡ Luz Cort├®s. Known as the Spanish Madeleine in the British press, she vanished when going to buy some crisps on the previous January 13 in the Torrej├│n district of Huelva. Her body finally appeared floating in the Ria de Huelva on March 7.

The Government Sub-delegation offices in Huelva have confirmed that two arrests were made yesterday, and that a married couple are now helping them with their enquiries. It's reported that those arrested are local to the Torrej├│n area of Huelva, although the arrests actually took place in Cuenca. The man had been detained before and is reported to have a previous record as a pedophile.

A police spokesman said 'The arrests were made on a judicial order and form part of the investigation, and at the moment they are answering questions to confirm some matters. In no way can we affirm that they are the killers, although we do not rule out that their statements will give clues in the case'.

Reporting restrictions remain in force in the case, but the child's father, Juan Jos├® Cort├®s, told the Huelva Infomaci├│n newspaper that the man is called Santiago, lives locally and has a criminal record for child and sexual abuse. He said that the family had suspected him from the very first moment in the case.

'We know that it is him, we are sure, and this is no surprise to me', said the father this morning.

The paper reports that this man had been arrested in Granada just a few days after Mari Luz vanished and was released on a lack of any evidence.
To my critics
When I'm in a sober mood, I worry, work and think,
When I'm in a drunken mood, I gamble, play and drink,
But when my moods are over and my time has come to pass,
I hope I'm buried upside down, so the world may kiss my ar*e
bjr

Postby ProbablyNot » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:46 am

well it is NOT the parents who have been arrested !!

how very disapointing that must be for all the ghouls who have been hoping that it was,or that they could find a link to Metodo

some times certian posts here make me feel sick, some make me feel angry but a couple of the above have made me want to strangle the poster.
damn good job we are nowhere near each other.is this normal? no

is it normal to always assume that a missing child has been done in by their parents,whatever the evidence? no

is it normal to positively slaver at the idea that it was the parents? no :P
ProbablyNot
Local Lag

Postby lovemedo » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:52 am

- El detenido por la muerte de Mari Luz confiesa su culpabilidad -

Santiago Del Valle Gonz├ílez, de 52 a├▒os, se ha confesado autor de la muerte de la ni├▒a Mari Luz Cort├®s en Huelva, tras haber sido detenido ayer tarde en Cuenca, a donde se hab├¡a desplazado con su esposa para recibir una pensi├│n por invalidez que cobra mensualmente.

link here: http://www.noticiaspyme.com/sec/sec.actu/noti_nac.asp?idn=108291&pon=1&ids=25

santiago del valle gonzalez, 52, has confessed to be the murder of mari luz cortez of huelva, after being arrested yesterday afternoon in cuenca, where he moved with his wife to live on a monthly pension for disability.
swimming on the river rhine!
lovemedo
Local Lag

Postby diddy » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:53 am

Just seen something in the Mail (online).
Saying a known paedophile, and Mari luz would have walked past his house.
Headline something like "Girl linked to Madeleine's disappearance"
Makes it sound like Mari Luz had something to do with Madeleine disappearing! :shock:
Also that Mccanns are demanding to know where he was when Madeleine disappeared!
But it seems a poor area, don't see how he could afford PDL!
Also, taking a child off the street and out of an apartment?
Unrelated in that way, IMO.
Also, in Mail, says he's 52.
The charade must go on.
diddy
On Parole

Postby braindead » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:55 am

ProbablyNot wrote:well it is NOT the parents who have been arrested !!

how very disapointing that must be for all the ghouls who have been hoping that it was,or that they could find a link to Metodo

some times certian posts here make me feel sick, some make me feel angry but a couple of the above have made me want to strangle the poster.

is it normal to always assume that a missing child has been done in by their parents,whatever the evidence? no

I never thought for a moment the parents were involved in this little ones death.

I think maybe the fact the the mcann seem to want to poke their noses into everyone else's misery is what gets people's back up and the fact that metodo gets flung in every ones faces as if all the say is fact and are better than the police at doing their job even though they are Fraud investigators. We need to remember the British police have been involved in this from the start.

It is entirely normal to get annoyed and or fuming at other peoples posts lol I do too at times.

:lol: :lol:

However I also hate the fact that on a thread that should be about a little girl MARI LUZ I am getting mccanns thrust in my face i.e. Spanish Madeline

Thats the sort of thing that gets me to the level you are speaking of :evil: :evil: :evil: :mrgreen:
braindead
Been Cautioned

Postby braindead » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:56 am

b****y HELL

Was just about to say now the mccanns will be wanting to know where he was when they lost madeline :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
braindead
Been Cautioned

Postby Fraidycat » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:57 am

I am glad that it is not the parents that have been arrested. It does seem though to often be the case that a family member is responsible when a child has been killed and I think that is just what is being reflected in peoples posts. It is horrible that known poedophiles are at large and how awful for Mari Luz's family to have these suspicions about someone in their own neighbourhood.An added burden on top of what they are already going through.
Fraidycat
New In Town

Postby ShuBob » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:58 am

diddy wrote:Just seen something in the Mail (online).
Saying a known paedophile, and Mari luz would have walked past his house.
Headline something like "Girl linked to Madeleine's disappearance"
Makes it sound like Mari Luz had something to do with Madeleine disappearing! :shock:
Also that Mccanns are demanding to know where he was when Madeleine disappeared!
But it seems a poor area, don't see how he could afford PDL!
Also, taking a child off the street and out of an apartment?
Unrelated in that way, IMO.
Also, in Mail, says he's 52.

Here's the Mail's story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1811

Clarence Mitchell, spokesman for the McCanns, said today: "We hope the Portuguese police will be liaising with the Spanish police to establish this man's movements around the time Madeleine disappeared.

"We have no indication there is a direct link between the two cases.

"But given the proximity of the places Madeleine and Mari Luz disappeared from and the similarity in their ages, we believe it's important the Portuguese police make absolutely sure there's no connection now there's been an arrest."

Last edited by ShuBob on Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carlos Anjos on Clarence Mitchell: "He lies with as many teeth as he has in his mouth."

My name is Isabelle and I have a Teapot
ShuBob
Hardened Criminal

Postby ProbablyNot » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:59 am

i know not everyone tried to say her parents were involved, but quite a few did.they even suggested Metodo had paid them to sacrifice their daughter to 'help out' the Mcacnns,which has to be the ugliest,sickest thing i have seen anyone come up with :cry:

i know she should not be linked with maddy,but like another poster said if she had not been 'linked' by the papers then we would never have heard of the little darling
and thats a sad fact :cry:
ProbablyNot
Local Lag

Postby braindead » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:07 pm

ProbablyNot wrote:i know not everyone tried to say her parents were involved, but quite a few did.they even suggested Metodo had paid them to sacrifice their daughter to 'help out' the Mcacnns,which has to be the ugliest,sickest thing i have seen anyone come up with :cry:

i know she should not be linked with maddy,but like another poster said if she had not been 'linked' by the papers then we would never have heard of the little darling
and thats a sad fact :cry:

I think we should just try to ignore some of the more outragous things that have been said. I am an anti I dont believe the mccanns and I do hold them responsible for whatever happened to poor little madeline however even I think a lot that gets said is unbelievable I just try to ignore it not easy sometimes though lol

I always like to take on board other peoples opinion even if I dont agree but would not vebally assualt them just because Idont agree However I have been jumped upon a few times when I mentioned that if a predator targeted my children they wouldnt need to worry about the law an a poster Propbably one of the apologist "What about their rights brigade" was like a dog with a bone Got a bit fed up after that and stayed away for a few days so I wouldnt say anything too nasty ifywim :D
braindead
Been Cautioned

Postby SallyGardens » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:07 pm

I hadn't made any assumptions, thanks, until I heard further information and even now I will await more information. I merely thanked the OP for bringing the news here.
SallyGardens
Hardened Criminal

Postby cushty » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:07 pm

from reading the Spanish papers it is obvious that in the border area Spanish and Portuguese police liaise as a matter of course, so I would expect any link was investigated when this man was first detained

I suspect the police have had an eye on him ever since - I do so hope his wife is not implicated, though - Mari Luz was reportedly seen with a woman on the evening of her disappearance - I am old enough to remember very clearly Brady and Hindley
cushty
Mafia Boss

Postby DrachenSachen » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:14 pm

Nevertheless the fact remains that the people who have been arrested are a married couple with children of their own.

'El Pais' - Spains mostly read newspaper and it confirms that a man has been arrested in Cuenca for the death of Mari Luz whose body was found in the sea of the coast of Huelva. He apparently has a record of child abuse, including his own children. His wife has also been arrested but is not yet known to have been involved in Mari Luz's death.
Live Radio und Web-TV aus allen Ländern

http://www.surfmusik.de/
DrachenSachen
On Parole

Postby braindead » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:18 pm

Shubob

are you trying to wind me up even more by printing that in red lol

My hubby works with a boy from the algarve His sister stays 20 minutes away from luz. When Maddie went missing (allegedly) cars vans everyone even in their area was being stopped and searched the guy said nothing like this has ever happened before and Portugal is a beautiful place to take your children. He also said the portuguse do not understand the behaviour of the parents particularly the mother with the hair and the earrings and the make up. Guess I may have a lot in common with the Portuguese people then.
braindead
Been Cautioned

PreviousNext

Return to Missing Children, Child Welfare and Parent to Parent