FROM SPAIN

If you have problems then perhaps one of the members might have a suggestion or tell you how they coped with a certain situation. Also we could post links for all children that are missing and need to be found. All aspects of child welfare discussed here, new and old cases. Children that have been let down by Social Services and the authorities.

FROM SPAIN

Postby perrito » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:20 am

ROUND TOWN NEWS.Friday 14th March 2008

Parents were warned yesterday (Thursday) to be on their guard after two failed attempts to snatch young children on the Costa Blanca. .By Jack Troughton

. Intruders twice fled empty-handed after being confronted by brave mums in their own homes in the resort of Moraira. And the families of the 18-month old and three-year-old desperately want people to be extra vigilant after the twin abduction attempts within days of each other.

Police have been praised by other Marina Alta parents for responding quickly and visiting schools to tell children about 'Stranger Danger¨. The incidents took place on Sunday March 2nd and Tuesday March 4th and the same gang of two women and a man are believed to be responsible.

MADELEINE
And the drama sparked a flurry of media interest in Britain because of the similarities to the Madeleine McCann case – the four year old snatched in Praia da Luz, Portugal, last May. The McCanns have been made aware of the Moraira situation. On March 4th Adele Spencer faced up to two ┬¿Moroccan-looking┬¿ women trying to lift 18-month-old toddler Annabelle out of her chair at their home on the Els Pins urbanisation. She later told the Sunday Mirror: ├Å just started screaming over and over 'Get out of my house, get out of my house┬¿. They started walking backwards slowly towards the door, and the next minute, I threw myself at the older woman. I lunged at her face and throat as I tried to push her out of the house┬¿┬¿. She told the Guardia Civil one of the women was aged between 50 and 60, overweight and wearing a black headdress. The second would-be kidnapper was in her thirties, wearing black trousers and a dark-coloured jumper. And she said both women ran to a blue car, driven by a man, also thought to be in his sixties.

MUM
The second Moraira mum confirmed the description of the older woman – although she thought she could be a gypsy – after accusing the stranger of trying to take her three-year old son.
And she said the intruder walked back to a smart car- she thought it was silver coloured-again driven by a man in his sixties and with a passenger in the rear. She said the first numbers of the registration plate were 7916 Ï don't know if it was the same woman but I do know she was after my son. She claimed she was only after clothes but she walked passed a clothes horse, my child's toys, and my handbag full of valuables to get within inches of my son¨ she said. ¨There is no doubt in my mind that she wanted to snatch my son. She added: ¨What freaked me out the most was this happened in my own home.¨

TRAUMA
Ron Shea, family friend of little Annabelle's parents, agreed to act as spokesman and a contact for the media. He told Round Town News Adele was still 'very traumatised'by the incident. ├äfter receiving so much media response, Adele has found it very hard to cope with everything and has asked me to take over. The number of calls from the UK have been immense – newspapers, magazines and television┬¿he said. Ron, who lives in Javea continued: Moraira and Javea are wonderful places to bring up children but these attempted abductions are of major concern and must be reported and addressed. ├ädele apologies for not giving RTN and the other local press photographs of Annabelle, but she feels that Annabelle did not go missing and she did not want her to be recognised unnecessarily locally┬¿, Local mums Sarah Sach and Debbie Mitchell – both have five-year old daughters – said police had done a good job in helping protect youngsters, telling them of ┬¿Stranger Danger┬¿ and giving safety tips.

AWARE
Ït is reassuring and our children are very aware of the police here because they keep up such a visible presence¨, said Debbie. ¨Personally, I have always felt much safer living here with the children than back in the UK¨. And Sarah added, ¨¨In general, we feel it is very much safer here but obviously, it is very difficult to keep an eye on children 100 percent of the time. ¨There is a good community feel to the area but parents should always be vigilant.¨

ends

Please note all spelling and grammar errors are as printed in the newspaper. It must be pointed out that this newspaper does have a sort of ¨News of the World¨ reputation.
living life in the fast lane until the motor wears out

Justice is a temporary thing that must at last come to an end; but the conscience is eternal and will never die.
perrito

Re: FROM SPAIN

Postby cushty » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:24 am

not sure I believe in either of these two attempted abductions, though the mums might have thought that was what was happening

if we go on like this I can see a time when British children will be banned from the Iberian peninsula :)
cushty
Mafia Boss

Postby perrito » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:58 am

I think its all too much too soon. Perhaps the 'common attempted robbery¨ is now being blown out of all proportion. Another family having a family friend step in as spokesman, TV, Magazine, Newspapers..............where is all this going to end?

And why oh why should the Mccanns have 'been made aware¨ of this? It bears no relevence to their case whatsoever. Maybe I'm becoming very cynical these days but I'm very sceptical indeed about all of it.
living life in the fast lane until the motor wears out

Justice is a temporary thing that must at last come to an end; but the conscience is eternal and will never die.
perrito

Postby tiffany » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:07 pm

Hi perrito! Long time no hear (read)!!!!!!!!!!

I was speaking to the chief of police from a Spanish tourist town a few days ago and mentioned the Costa Blanca alleged abductions - he had not heard about any of it.

Does that clarify something?
tiffany
Suspect

Return to Missing Children, Child Welfare and Parent to Parent