Breaking news on sky a 7yrs old starve to death

If you have problems then perhaps one of the members might have a suggestion or tell you how they coped with a certain situation. Also we could post links for all children that are missing and need to be found. All aspects of child welfare discussed here, new and old cases. Children that have been let down by Social Services and the authorities.

Re: Breaking news on sky a 7yrs old starve to death

Postby fedrules » Thu May 22, 2008 9:53 am

You're right,but when I read about such cases the first question which comes to my mind is 'How can anyone behave so cruelly to a defenceless child?' not 'Why didn't social services spot the abuse?'..
fedrules
Mafia Boss
 
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:51 pm

Re: Breaking news on sky a 7yrs old starve to death

Postby diddy » Thu May 22, 2008 9:55 am

fedrules wrote:Well I'm afraid I get tired of people blaming social workers.In the end ,it is the parents who have behaved appallingly. Social workers probably have so many cases to deal with that, sadly ,there will always be some cases of abuse which go unnoticed.


I agree to a pont.
The other thing I find odd is that the aunt tried to visit and no one answered.
How many times would you let that happen before you told the father (her brother?)
Also, did he have no access?
The charade must go on.
User avatar
diddy
On Parole
 
Posts: 1002
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:51 pm

Re: Breaking news on sky a 7yrs old starve to death

Postby fedrules » Thu May 22, 2008 9:58 am

Well the father can't have taken a very active role in his children's upbringing as far as I can see...
fedrules
Mafia Boss
 
Posts: 2076
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:51 pm

Re: Breaking news on sky a 7yrs old starve to death

Postby nur » Thu May 22, 2008 10:52 am

bugalugs1970 wrote:A few thing niggling at me about this case, the age of the eldest child,12, old enough to make a stand perhaps, old enough to seek help???
The fact that the children could get out of the house to get the bread from the bird table???

I know that they (parents) were muslim converts i have read a bit about islamic religion and i have several muslim (female) friends who i have had deep discussions with out the realms of being a muslim, in particular what it can mean for a female and children. I understand that muslim parents can rule with an iron rod, they can stimulate fear and oppression amongst the younger or more vulnerable members of the family.

There is more to this case than meets the eye.


which islamic sect are your muslim female friends from by the way.
nur
New In Town
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:32 am

Re: Breaking news on sky a 7yrs old starve to death

Postby Dumptruck » Thu May 22, 2008 10:57 am

misplacedfemale wrote:
OldMotherHubbard wrote:Poverty or not - most parents without much money would rather feed their children and go without themselves if push came to shove. I know I would

Poverty is not an excuse to neglect your children


I totally agree with you. With all the price rises in fuel and food. I myself have cut back to ensure that my child has a well balance diet. And I bet alot of parents, mostly mother do the same thing.

Also isn't it funny how this extended family and friends seem to stick together, instead of speaking out. I would want my family and friends to speak, if I start to neglect my child.

I was told that when you become a mother you end up with the smallest slice of cake, the burnt piece of toast, the smallest sausage etc! It just happens, you go without or with little so that your child can have better.
"...someone would come and stay with kate, she was never alone with the children.."
User avatar
Dumptruck
Suspect
 
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 11:44 am

Re: Breaking news on sky a 7yrs old starve to death

Postby bugalugs1970 » Thu May 22, 2008 12:47 pm

nur wrote:
bugalugs1970 wrote:A few thing niggling at me about this case, the age of the eldest child,12, old enough to make a stand perhaps, old enough to seek help???
The fact that the children could get out of the house to get the bread from the bird table???

I know that they (parents) were muslim converts i have read a bit about islamic religion and i have several muslim (female) friends who i have had deep discussions with out the realms of being a muslim, in particular what it can mean for a female and children. I understand that muslim parents can rule with an iron rod, they can stimulate fear and oppression amongst the younger or more vulnerable members of the family.

There is more to this case than meets the eye.


which islamic sect are your muslim female friends from by the way.



I have no idea, i have never asked, they have never said. Our discussions have been about their upbringing as children, the restrictions their parents enforced whilst growing up, career choices, marriage, the bearing of their own children and how they bring them up in the western world in comparission to the upbringing they had by their own immigrant parents here in the UK.

As for question i see little point in asking it, its hardly pertinent to the case being discussed.
I'm on the payroll........WHAT...you didn't know!!!!!!
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Savekids/
http://www.truthformadeleine.com
User avatar
bugalugs1970
Mafia Boss
 
Posts: 2270
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:24 pm
Location: Squirrel stalking in Breacon Beacons

Re: Breaking news on sky a 7yrs old starve to death

Postby tylersmum » Thu May 22, 2008 1:06 pm

bugalugs1970 wrote:
nur wrote:
bugalugs1970 wrote:A few thing niggling at me about this case, the age of the eldest child,12, old enough to make a stand perhaps, old enough to seek help???
The fact that the children could get out of the house to get the bread from the bird table???

I know that they (parents) were muslim converts i have read a bit about islamic religion and i have several muslim (female) friends who i have had deep discussions with out the realms of being a muslim, in particular what it can mean for a female and children. I understand that muslim parents can rule with an iron rod, they can stimulate fear and oppression amongst the younger or more vulnerable members of the family.

There is more to this case than meets the eye.


which islamic sect are your muslim female friends from by the way.



I have no idea, i have never asked, they have never said. Our discussions have been about their upbringing as children, the restrictions their parents enforced whilst growing up, career choices, marriage, the bearing of their own children and how they bring them up in the western world in comparission to the upbringing they had by their own immigrant parents here in the UK.

As for question i see little point in asking it, its hardly pertinent to the case being discussed.

I think now is an appropriate time to ask people to sign your excellent petition.
You should start a thread
tylersmum
Mafia Boss
 
Posts: 2590
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:55 am

Re: Breaking news on sky a 7yrs old starve to death

Postby wjk » Thu May 22, 2008 1:13 pm

I agree tylersmum.
Just been and signed the petition.
Justice for Maddie
User avatar
wjk
New In Town
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:37 pm
Location: uk

Re: Breaking news on sky a 7yrs old starve to death

Postby Mel » Thu May 22, 2008 1:38 pm

PJane wrote:I posted a comment on 3A's earlier this week regarding the "last photo".

I mentioned that a colleague of mine who is a Family Therapist said that on looking at one picture of Madeleine McCann showed an "abused" child, only one picture mind, she wasn't concerned about others just one particular photograph. She attends various workshops in how to spot abuse of children etc.

I got ripped to pieces and comments were made such as "these are the sorts of people who work for social services and go around taking children from their families".

So, on that basis, no wonder Social Services, neighbours etc don't intervene in cases like this as there is always someone out there who will criticise the actions of those who do try to help.



I remember that well PJane, people are afraid now to become involved!

However, This is a truly shocking case & I cannot understand how the child got to the point of death without anyone doing anything!
Mel
Been Cautioned
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: Breaking news on sky a 7yrs old starve to death

Postby PJane » Thu May 22, 2008 2:43 pm

Well to be honest with you, the attitude of some of the posters on this forum who make comments regarding earrings, hair cuts etc are usually the sort to continually report to Social Services when there is no need to. On that basis, when a crime really does happen, it is like crying wolf. If people are reported to Social Services because the mother has a pair of shoes and the child has been wearing the same pair for 6 months then you can quite understand why Social Services are reluctant to follow up certain cases.
PJane
New In Town
 
Posts: 85
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:03 pm

Re: Breaking news on sky a 7yrs old starve to death

Postby diddy » Thu May 22, 2008 6:09 pm

PJane wrote:Well to be honest with you, the attitude of some of the posters on this forum who make comments regarding earrings, hair cuts etc are usually the sort to continually report to Social Services when there is no need to. On that basis, when a crime really does happen, it is like crying wolf. If people are reported to Social Services because the mother has a pair of shoes and the child has been wearing the same pair for 6 months then you can quite understand why Social Services are reluctant to follow up certain cases.


I understand what you're saying, and if the reasons given are shoes etc, I wouldn't expect SS to take it too seriously.
However, if a seemingly valid reason is given, then I would expect it to be looked into, no matter what has happened previously.
It's children's welfare at stake, afterall.
The charade must go on.
User avatar
diddy
On Parole
 
Posts: 1002
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:51 pm

Re: Breaking news on sky a 7yrs old starve to death

Postby bugalugs1970 » Thu May 22, 2008 8:47 pm

diddy wrote:
PJane wrote:Well to be honest with you, the attitude of some of the posters on this forum who make comments regarding earrings, hair cuts etc are usually the sort to continually report to Social Services when there is no need to. On that basis, when a crime really does happen, it is like crying wolf. If people are reported to Social Services because the mother has a pair of shoes and the child has been wearing the same pair for 6 months then you can quite understand why Social Services are reluctant to follow up certain cases.


I understand what you're saying, and if the reasons given are shoes etc, I wouldn't expect SS to take it too seriously.
However, if a seemingly valid reason is given, then I would expect it to be looked into, no matter what has happened previously.
It's children's welfare at stake, afterall.


Absolutely diddy, social workers are the authoritive voice for vulnerable people, apparently they have rec'd adequate training and have the desired skills to spot child abuse/neglect. We need to look above the frontline of social work as often they are poorly trained, over worked and receive minimal support from their superiors.

Let me show you Every child matters programme

Social care, welfare, protection
The Every Child Matters: Change for Children programme aims to put in place a national framework to support the joining up of services so that every child can achieve the five Every Child Matters outcomes.

The ten key elements of the national framework are:

The duty to cooperate to promote the well-being of children and young people
The duty to make arrangements to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people
The development of statutory local safeguarding children boards (LSCBs) to replace non-statutory area child protection committees (ACPCs)
The appointment of local directors of children services
The National Service Framework for Children, Young People and Maternity Services
The Outcomes Framework
The development of an integrated inspection framework
The appointment of a Children's Commissioner
The development of a Common Assessment Framework
Workforce reform to help develop skills and ensure staffing levels
Social services play a central role in trying to improve outcomes for the most vulnerable and a key measure of success will be achieving change through closing the gap between their outcomes and those of the majority of children and young people.

The Children Act 1989 functions of social services remain unchanged, but how they are delivered at local level is set to change radically. The Children Act 2004 requires local authorities to lead on integrated delivery through multi-agency children's trusts, to develop a children and young people's plan, and to set up a shared database of children, containing information relevant to their welfare.
I'm on the payroll........WHAT...you didn't know!!!!!!
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Savekids/
http://www.truthformadeleine.com
User avatar
bugalugs1970
Mafia Boss
 
Posts: 2270
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:24 pm
Location: Squirrel stalking in Breacon Beacons

Previous

Return to Missing Children, Child Welfare and Parent to Parent

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
cron