Jesus Christ!!! Mum guilty of 2 year old daughter sex abuse

If you have problems then perhaps one of the members might have a suggestion or tell you how they coped with a certain situation. Also we could post links for all children that are missing and need to be found. All aspects of child welfare discussed here, new and old cases. Children that have been let down by Social Services and the authorities.

Re: Jesus Christ!!! Mum guilty of 2 year old daughter sex abuse

Postby 2shy » Wed May 21, 2008 7:02 am

TiredOfTheBS wrote:I don't like the sound of this case atall. Where is the evidence the mother did it? The child could have done something to herself. She actually took the child to the hospital herself. That doesn't sound like a safe conviction to me.


I tend to agree with you,why would she take the child to a GP if she was abusing her?The girl could have fallen on her bike seat and broken her hymen, or some other similar injury.

If this is indeed a wrong conviction, then what a tragic situation for this woman.This may well put others off taking their children to a GP with similar injuries or symptoms.
User avatar
2shy
New In Town
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:32 am

Re: Jesus Christ!!! Mum guilty of 2 year old daughter sex abuse

Postby nicked » Wed May 21, 2008 8:41 am

2shy wrote:
TiredOfTheBS wrote:I don't like the sound of this case atall. Where is the evidence the mother did it? The child could have done something to herself. She actually took the child to the hospital herself. That doesn't sound like a safe conviction to me.


I tend to agree with you,why would she take the child to a GP if she was abusing her?The girl could have fallen on her bike seat and broken her hymen, or some other similar injury.

If this is indeed a wrong conviction, then what a tragic situation for this woman.This may well put others off taking their children to a GP with similar injuries or symptoms.




Mother was convicted by a jury who would have heard all the evidence for fecks sake. What a stupid thing to

say when you have NO access to evidence. The girl could have done it herself? She wouldnt have taken the

child to the docs if she had done it? Get real and dont be so offensive.
User avatar
nicked
First Time Offender
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:48 pm
Location: Aigburth

Re: Jesus Christ!!! Mum guilty of 2 year old daughter sex abuse

Postby traveller » Wed May 21, 2008 9:04 am

I could not believe that this man has gotten away with the murder of his neice but he has.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4555862a10.html

How many children have to suffer in this world before it come to its senses.
I am still asking, what have you done with your child?
Image
Where is Maddy?
User avatar
traveller
Moderator
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:44 am
Location: Deep in KIWI Land

Re: Jesus Christ!!! Mum guilty of 2 year old daughter sex abuse

Postby BrainFreeze » Wed May 21, 2008 9:20 am

Sorry, but I agree with Tired. Anyone remember the Cleveland (England) scandal that happened in the 1980's. Over a hundred children were removed from their homes because of sexual abuse - it got so bad that people did not want to take their children to the doctors or hospital when they were ill as the 'abuse' claims were so random. It's here on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_ ... se_scandal

What also about the numerous women who have been released from jail over the last few years due to dodgy convictions of shaking their babies??

I just can't believe that the woman would go to her GP, then to hospital knowing that she had hurt her baby herself....I may be wrong, but having not heard the evidence presented in this case I am not willing to jump up and down and villify this woman on press reports and hearsay.
User avatar
BrainFreeze
New In Town
 
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:07 pm

Re: Jesus Christ!!! Mum guilty of 2 year old daughter sex abuse

Postby nicked » Wed May 21, 2008 9:27 am

BrainFreeze wrote:Sorry, but I agree with Tired. Anyone remember the Cleveland (England) scandal that happened in the 1980's. Over a hundred children were removed from their homes because of sexual abuse - it got so bad that people did not want to take their children to the doctors or hospital when they were ill as the 'abuse' claims were so random. It's here on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_ ... se_scandal

What also about the numerous women who have been released from jail over the last few years due to dodgy convictions of shaking their babies??

I just can't believe that the woman would go to her GP, then to hospital knowing that she had hurt her baby herself....I may be wrong, but having not heard the evidence presented in this case I am not willing to jump up and down and villify this woman on press reports and hearsay.


And nor should you but by the same token nobody should think it ok to suggest that this conviction seems unsafe and that maybe the little girl did it herself (on her bike) I mean come on people.... Im afraid things like this can and do happen right in your very own community.

eta what i mean is that we have no access to evidence wheras the jury havd. If it was a case that the little girl's hymen was broken and she had blood in her nappy then yes obviously yu could not convict on this basis. However, reading between the lines it would seem that the little girl probably had quite sever internal injuries inc internal bruising and probably lacerations. That is why I find it ridiculous in the extreme for people to be commenting in the way they are.
Last edited by nicked on Wed May 21, 2008 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
nicked
First Time Offender
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:48 pm
Location: Aigburth

Re: Jesus Christ!!! Mum guilty of 2 year old daughter sex abuse

Postby diddy » Wed May 21, 2008 9:29 am

It is also an oddly worded article, IMO.
Blood in nappy, mother takes her to hospital, "where medics decided the child had been sexually abused". (Paraphrased)
The doctors decided it so it must be so?
God help us!
The charade must go on.
User avatar
diddy
On Parole
 
Posts: 1002
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:51 pm

Re: Jesus Christ!!! Mum guilty of 2 year old daughter sex abuse

Postby paulosgirl » Wed May 21, 2008 9:31 am

diddy wrote:It is also an oddly worded article, IMO.
Blood in nappy, mother takes her to hospital, "where medics decided the child had been sexually abused". (Paraphrased)
The doctors decided it so it must be so?
God help us!


Maybe they found other signs of abuse as well.
User avatar
paulosgirl
On Parole
 
Posts: 1036
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:49 pm

Re: Jesus Christ!!! Mum guilty of 2 year old daughter sex abuse

Postby nicked » Wed May 21, 2008 9:34 am

paulosgirl wrote:
diddy wrote:It is also an oddly worded article, IMO.
Blood in nappy, mother takes her to hospital, "where medics decided the child had been sexually abused". (Paraphrased)
The doctors decided it so it must be so?
God help us!


Maybe they found other signs of abuse as well.



See my post above. I think it goes without saying and that is what people are not realising. The jury have not convicted on the basis of what we, here on this forum have had access to!
User avatar
nicked
First Time Offender
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:48 pm
Location: Aigburth

Re: Jesus Christ!!! Mum guilty of 2 year old daughter sex abuse

Postby diddy » Wed May 21, 2008 9:38 am

Well, I hope she was convicted on other evidence, and not just the doctors say so!
It's a pretty uninformative article, IMO.
And, of course we also know that expert witnesses can get it wrong.
Roy Meadows, for example.
But I think a lot of juries go along with them because they feel they are stating facts, when they are often stating their opinion.
The charade must go on.
User avatar
diddy
On Parole
 
Posts: 1002
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:51 pm

Re: Jesus Christ!!! Mum guilty of 2 year old daughter sex abuse

Postby marian » Wed May 21, 2008 9:39 am

A urinary tract infection or yeast infection could have caused blood in the infant's nappy along with swelling and contusion.

Obviously at this distance I am not aware of the facts but there are other causes of this anomaly.
"whoever she's with she'll be giving them their tuppenceworth"
User avatar
marian
First Time Offender
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:36 am

Re: Jesus Christ!!! Mum guilty of 2 year old daughter sex abuse

Postby nicked » Wed May 21, 2008 9:42 am

marian wrote:A urinary tract infection or yeast infection could have caused blood in the infant's nappy along with swelling and contusion.

Obviously at this distance I am not aware of the facts but there are other causes of this anomaly.



I think that this would have been ruled out, personally.
User avatar
nicked
First Time Offender
 
Posts: 557
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:48 pm
Location: Aigburth

Re: Jesus Christ!!! Mum guilty of 2 year old daughter sex abuse

Postby paulosgirl » Wed May 21, 2008 9:46 am

nicked wrote:
paulosgirl wrote:
diddy wrote:It is also an oddly worded article, IMO.
Blood in nappy, mother takes her to hospital, "where medics decided the child had been sexually abused". (Paraphrased)
The doctors decided it so it must be so?
God help us!


Maybe they found other signs of abuse as well.



See my post above. I think it goes without saying and that is what people are not realising. The jury have not convicted on the basis of what we, here on this forum have had access to!


ITA.
User avatar
paulosgirl
On Parole
 
Posts: 1036
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:49 pm

Re: Jesus Christ!!! Mum guilty of 2 year old daughter sex abuse

Postby marian » Wed May 21, 2008 9:48 am

True, nicked True, but the obvious is too ghastly to contemplate.
"whoever she's with she'll be giving them their tuppenceworth"
User avatar
marian
First Time Offender
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:36 am

Re: Jesus Christ!!! Mum guilty of 2 year old daughter sex abuse

Postby TiredOfTheBS » Wed May 21, 2008 9:50 am

Look at this idiot:

Dr. Bruce Woodling developed the anal wink test which he alleged was an indisputable diagnostic indicator that a child had been sodomised. In a clinical setting, he would spread a child's buttocks and touch the anus with a cotton swab. If the anus "winked", Woodling testified, this was "proof of sodomy". His testimony was prominent in the McMartin preschool child abuse case.

It has since been established that Woodling never made any effort to validate his test, and it has been utterly discredited.

Woodling's pseudoscientific testimony during the trial of Ray Buckey contributed to Buckey spending five years in prison without bail. Buckey was later released without conviction.


Does anyone else get the feeling that this guy just liked touching kids bums?

I mean what is wrong with these people??? That is abuse in itself.
The McCanns show their true colours - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVUnMtW9ciI
User avatar
TiredOfTheBS
First Time Offender
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:40 pm

Re: Jesus Christ!!! Mum guilty of 2 year old daughter sex abuse

Postby lovemedo » Wed May 21, 2008 9:50 am

as a teacher I have seen and heard many things like that and my question is always WHY?

in one case a mother told me "when I see my son....he looks so much like his genitor....I hate this man....and I can't stand the sight of his son"

it was "only" emotional abuse. he was in psychiatry for a long time and now battles his way through life.


so hate can be an answer.
swimming on the river rhine!
User avatar
lovemedo
Local Lag
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:58 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Missing Children, Child Welfare and Parent to Parent

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest