Jesus Christ!!! Mum guilty of 2 year old daughter sex abuse

If you have problems then perhaps one of the members might have a suggestion or tell you how they coped with a certain situation. Also we could post links for all children that are missing and need to be found. All aspects of child welfare discussed here, new and old cases. Children that have been let down by Social Services and the authorities.

Jesus Christ!!! Mum guilty of 2 year old daughter sex abuse

Postby DrachenSachen » Wed May 21, 2008 12:56 am

BBC News

Tuesday, 20 May 2008

A 28-year-old mother-of-three has been found guilty of sexually assaulting her two-year-old daughter.

The woman, who cannot be named to protect the identity of her child, took the child to her GP in October 2006 after finding blood in her nappy.

He referred her to the Royal Victoria Hospital where medics decided she had been sexually assaulted.

The mother said she was the only adult in contact with the girl during the time doctors said she was abused.

She denied sexually assaulting her young daughter and told the court she would never harm any of her children.

But a jury at Belfast Crown Court found her guilty of indecent assault and child cruelty, but cleared her of a third charge of wounding with intent.

The judge told the woman that she would be placed on the sex offenders' register after she is sentenced next month.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/nort ... 411444.stm
Last edited by DrachenSachen on Wed May 21, 2008 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Live Radio und Web-TV aus allen Ländern

http://www.surfmusik.de/
DrachenSachen
On Parole

Re: Jesus Christ!!! Mum guilty of daughter sex abuse

Postby KatzenWaffe » Wed May 21, 2008 1:01 am

Unfortunately, this sort of thing is not unusual, the vast majority of child sexual abuse is carried out by a close family member.

In exactly the same way that the spouse or other close relative is always the first suspect in a murder case. Such,alas is the way of the world.
KatzenWaffe
You're Nicked

Postby DrachenSachen » Wed May 21, 2008 1:17 am

KatzenWaffe wrote:Unfortunately, this sort of thing is not unusual, the vast majority of child sexual abuse is carried out by a close family member.

In exactly the same way that the spouse or other close relative is always the first suspect in a murder case. Such,alas is the way of the world.

There really is nothing that is beyond belief in this world is there KatzenWaffe?? I have being listing these sorts of cases on the 3A's but I never thought I would see the day when toddlers are being molested by their own mothers. :twisted:

DrachenSachen
On Parole

Postby Thorn » Wed May 21, 2008 1:23 am

I find this difficult to believe. I know that those closest to a child are usually the first suspects in cases of harm but to believe that a mother could do this is, as I said, difficult. Unless, of course, she is insane. Perhaps I'm just too old or too naiive and I don't know the details of the case but the thought comes to mind that perhaps there is an unidentified male involved somewhere who she is protecting.
Thorn
New In Town

Re: Jesus Christ!!! Mum guilty of 2 year old daughter sex abuse

Postby SirPrize » Wed May 21, 2008 1:36 am

Mothers {or female carers} abusing their charges is the last taboo in the exploitation of children.

We just find it too distasteful to consider. Sadly it occurs more often than we imagine. :(

We equate sexual abuse with a form of sexual deviance, but this is not usually the case, sexual crimes are more often about yielding power over the victim. The same is true whether the crime is committed by males or females.
SirPrize

Postby DrachenSachen » Wed May 21, 2008 1:41 am

Thorn wrote:I find this difficult to believe. I know that those closest to a child are usually the first suspects in cases of harm but to believe that a mother could do this is, as I said, difficult. Unless, of course, she is insane. Perhaps I'm just too old or too naiive and I don't know the details of the case but the thought comes to mind that perhaps there is an unidentified male involved somewhere who she is protecting.

Here's some background info on the case as it was going through trial Thorn.

Code: Select all
A bizarre case of alleged sexual assault has come before the court as a County Antrim woman faces trial accused of sexually assaulting her two-year-old daughter.

The woman, who cannot be named to protect the identity of the child, has been charged with wounding her daughter with intent.

She is also accused of indecently assaulting the child last October and child cruelty. She denies the charges.

Belfast Crown Court heard that doctors believed the child was injured up to 24 hours before being brought to hospital.

A jury of seven women and five men were told that several doctors believed the injuries were consistent with sexual assault.

A Crown prosecutor told the jury that on 5 October the woman brought her daughter to her local GP, who referred her onto hospital.

The court heard that the child was kept in hospital and was examined by another two doctors.

A PSNI investigation began and the youngster's father and grandfather were both arrested.

However, after forensic samples from both men were analysed, nothing was found to connect either to the alleged sexual assault and they were both released without charge.

The court heard it was the Crown's case the defendant was "the only adult alone" with the youngster, adding that due to "her account, given the nature of the injuries and what she said about her daughter - she caused these injuries".

http://www.4ni.co.uk/northern_ireland_news.asp?id=70442

Code: Select all
A senior medic told Belfast Crown Court that the girl's injuries were consistent with a sexual assault.

A consultant paediatrician at the Royal Victoria Hospital for Sick Children who examined the child said it was "a case of non-accidental injuries."

The jury has already been told that no other adult apart from the girl's mother had been in contact with her during the time the doctors believe the incident occurred.

A doctor of more than 20 years, who is also a forensic medical officer, told the court: "This was a severe injury which would have caused significant pain (to the girl).

"She would have screamed and cried at the time of the assault and possibly for some time afterwards."

The incident is alleged to have taken place in October 2006.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7401559.stm

DrachenSachen
On Parole

Postby Thorn » Wed May 21, 2008 1:57 am

Thanks for that SirPrize and DrachenSachen. You are both right of course. Part of my mind repeats the mantra "Mothers do not harm their children" but another part reminds me "In this world all is possible". It's just so damned sad. Too much for me to contemplate.
Thorn
New In Town

Postby Mel » Wed May 21, 2008 2:29 am

What is the world coming to, this is APPALLING!
Mel
Been Cautioned

Postby DrachenSachen » Wed May 21, 2008 2:40 am

Mel wrote:What is the world coming to, this is APPALLING!

I know Mel. Tell me about it.
Last edited by DrachenSachen on Wed May 21, 2008 5:21 am, edited 5 times in total.

DrachenSachen
On Parole

Postby mag54 » Wed May 21, 2008 2:41 am

omg, I wish I hadn't read this now. Poor child....it really is a sad case. :( That is, sorry, words fail me. The idea that a Mother could do such a terrible thing. It is not the first time and I expect it will not be the last case either. It makes me angry and also very sad, it hurts inside to think of these little ones suffering, my heart is heavy and I feel helpless as a Mother myself to understand such wickedness :(
mag54
Been Cautioned

Postby TiredOfTheBS » Wed May 21, 2008 5:42 am

I don't like the sound of this case atall. Where is the evidence the mother did it? The child could have done something to herself. She actually took the child to the hospital herself. That doesn't sound like a safe conviction to me.
The McCanns show their true colours - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVUnMtW9ciI
TiredOfTheBS
First Time Offender

Postby IRONSIDE » Wed May 21, 2008 5:53 am

Thank god this has been discovered otherwise this child would have had many years of hell..Hopefully at the age of two she will not remember..
IRONSIDE
Mafia Boss

Postby KatieJordanPricePHD » Wed May 21, 2008 5:55 am

That is appalling! :shock:

I always worry if the adult may be innocent in these cases, as well as whether they are guilty.

One summer hols when I was about six, my friend and I had just eaten an ice lolly and at the end she said " Look at this". She proceeded to put the stick where the sun don't shine, and my eyes popped out of my head! :shock:
I didn't know us girls had anything there at that age! - pretty shocking.

Now the question is - do kids discover these things on there own, or does someone introduce them to such discoveries? I never discovered down there until a teenage boyfriend went on a fumble.

I also remember a child at my brothers school ( he is a lot younger than me) hurting herself down there at school.
What's the point...ir..irm...you know...of go'n over thir like...when we can sit here go'n through the boxes and look'n at the labels we made...an like...ir...irm...you know like. I've gorra lorra shrugg'n an stuff to do av'n I...ay...ay...ay?
KatieJordanPricePHD
Been Cautioned

Postby diddy » Wed May 21, 2008 6:43 am

I'm not a medical person, but I assume blood in a nappy can be caused by something other than sexual assault?
I also now can't help thinking that there are cases where sexual assault is the first thing looked at, and if it can be made to fit, other things aren't looked at.
Last edited by diddy on Wed May 21, 2008 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
The charade must go on.
diddy
On Parole

Postby paulosgirl » Wed May 21, 2008 6:45 am

Mel wrote:What is the world coming to, this is APPALLING!

SICK!!!
What about this one then:

Jackson-area man charged with raping, beating infant girl

ASSOCIATED PRESS - September 17, 2007

BLACKMAN TOWNSHIP ' A 27-year-old man was arraigned today on charges of raping and beating an infant girl.

The 3-month-old girl was in critical condition today at University of Michigan Hospital in Ann Arbor, suffering from broken ribs, head trauma and other injuries, according to police. She was flown there Saturday from Foote Hospital in Jackson.

Kirk Coleman of Blackman Township is charged with first-degree criminal sexual conduct and first-degree child abuse. He was ordered held without bond and a preliminary examination was scheduled for Sept. 21.

:( :( :( :(
Can you believe it??????
paulosgirl
On Parole

Next

Return to Missing Children, Child Welfare and Parent to Parent