Mari Luz....imposters trying to obtain £'s in her name

If you have problems then perhaps one of the members might have a suggestion or tell you how they coped with a certain situation. Also we could post links for all children that are missing and need to be found. All aspects of child welfare discussed here, new and old cases. Children that have been let down by Social Services and the authorities.

Mari Luz....imposters trying to obtain £'s in her name

Postby bugalugs1970 » Wed May 14, 2008 7:06 pm

Mari Luz Cortes father warns of imposters trying to obtain money in his daughters name
By h.b. - May 13, 2008 - 8:03 AM
ALSO SEE : ÔÇó Mari Luz Cortes father wants source of court leak to be investigated - May 8, 2008 - 6:34 PM

The Mari Luz campaign - Photo EFE
enlarge photo

A group of Romanians are alleged to have been asking for money on the back of the current campaign by Juan Jos├® Cort├®s to collect signatures.
The family of Mari Luz Cort├®s has issued a statement asking that nobody give any money to any appeal which has been established in the name of the five year old, who was murdered in Huelva earlier this year.
It follows the discovery that a group of Romanians have been using the Mari Luz name on fake petition forms in an order to extort money.

Maru Luz's father, Juan Jos├® Cort├®s, has called on the public to report any requests for money directly to the police.
He continues to tour the country collecting signatures in demand that child murderers been sentenced to life imprisonment, and is in Barcelona with his campaign caravan today. So far 300,000 signatures have been collected as the campaign moves across 32 cities in 42 days.

Those who want to sign the official petition can do so on line here www.nuevodrom.net
I'm on the payroll........WHAT...you didn't know!!!!!!
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Savekids/
http://www.truthformadeleine.com
bugalugs1970
Mafia Boss

Re: Mari Luz....imposters trying to obtain £'s in her name

Postby tothelighthouse » Fri May 16, 2008 10:25 am

Thanks for your comment; last week we had 3 separate people (non Spanish)knocking on our door and asking for money to help the campaign for Mari Luz (no papers or anything) They got short shrift from OH as he suspected this would happen. Each year around this time, coming up to the good weather, we get these people and each time they ask in the name of some person who has unfortunately been in the news.
We regularly tell the local police, but....
(I DO give to one poor dear who is genuine and been so battered by life I wonder she can walk) and who calls herself "la de siempre"... more or less "the usual one" when knocking on the door!!
Anyway I have got already 12 names on my list for Huelva ( and hope for at least 20 more from my work). to send off today.
tothelighthouse
New In Town

Re: Mari Luz....imposters trying to obtain £'s in her name

Postby cushty » Fri May 16, 2008 10:27 am

that sounds like Cooperman, collecting in the name of those fictious children killed in the fictious car crash
cushty
Mafia Boss

Return to Missing Children, Child Welfare and Parent to Parent