James Hughes - Disabled 22 year old missing from Redditch.

If you have problems then perhaps one of the members might have a suggestion or tell you how they coped with a certain situation. Also we could post links for all children that are missing and need to be found. All aspects of child welfare discussed here, new and old cases. Children that have been let down by Social Services and the authorities.

James Hughes - Disabled 22 year old missing from Redditch.

Postby ejm » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:56 pm

So sad :cry: I know there isn't going to be a happy outcome with this, but hope it is swift for the remaining family's sake.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,, ... 89,00.html

'We're In Bits And Praying He's Safe'

Darren Little
Midlands correspondent
Updated:10:54, Wednesday April 23, 2008
The father of a severely disabled man missing since Friday says he is "sick with worry" after detectives found his mother's body.
James Hughes: Unable to fend for himself
James Hughes: Unable to fend for himself

James Hughes is 22 years old but has a mental age of 18 months. He is also epileptic and needs regular medication.

The body of his mum, Heather Wardle, was found in dense undergrowth in Redditch in Worcestershire on Monday night. Both went missing on Friday.

A post-mortem has taken place and while the results of toxicology tests are awaited, police say they can confirm that Ms Wardle was found with a ligature around her neck at the base of a tree.

James' father Paul Hughes said: "We are all still desperately trying to find James at the moment. I am on tenterhooks and am sick with worry. We are all in bits and praying he is safe.
Advertisement

"I was absolutely gutted when I heard the news about Heather. She was an absolutely amazing mother and must have been in a very dark place to do something like that.

"I have spoken to her recently but I had no inkling that she was going to do something like this," Mr Hughes tells The Independent newspaper.

James is unable to look after himself, uses a wheelchair, and needs round-the-clock care.

Ms Wardle vanished after saying she was walking to a friend's home. She left without taking her mobile phone and handbag.

A team of 50 officers is working on the case.

Superintendent Jane Horwood, of West Mercia Police, said that while the death remained unexplained, they were not looking for anyone else in connection with the case.
Heather Wardle: Body found
Heather Wardle: Body found

"Heather was James's main carer and her family tell us she was a fantastic mother. However, looking after another person - however much that person is loved - round-the-clock, inevitably takes its toll and we can only imagine what tremendous strain Heather was under."

"We are still speaking to the family, as well as to friends, associates and neighbours to build up a picture of the family's lifestyle and establish the recent movements of Heather and James and in particular we are trying to find out when both were last seen - either separately or together.

"House to house inquiries are being carried out and posters and leaflets appealing for information are being prepared."

Neighbours have said Heather Wardle looked distracted recently and may have lost weight. She leaves a partner Brian Kirby and three other sons.

James is described as white, 5ft 4in and of thin build, with short mousy hair.
ejm
Local Lag

Re: James Hughes - Disabled 22 year old missing from Redditch.

Postby JypsyBear » Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:16 pm

My heart goes out to this family, The long term worry of James maybe got too much for her to cope with, worrying who and where he would go to if anything happened to her. This gets more to the front of your mind the older the Child becomes, i say Child because they remain a child in a Mans body. I face this every day as many others do, God Bless to James and his dear Mum x
JypsyBear
First Time Offender

Postby cushty » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:25 pm

his body found in area of home - two men arrested on suspicion of murder

between the lines - body found in house, partner and 18 year old half-brother might well be the two arrested
cushty
Mafia Boss

Postby ejm » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:50 pm

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,, ... 89,00.html

Breaking News
Arrests Over Missing Disabled Man

Updated:18:42, Wednesday April 23, 2008
Two men have been arrested over the murder of James Hughes, who disappeared with his mother in Redditch in Worcestershire.
James Hughes
James Hughes

The 22-year-old's body was found in a property in the Church Hill area of the town following a major search, police said.

A post-mortem is being carried out to discover how he died.

Two men were arrested on suspicion of murder and are currently helping police with their inquiries at police stations in Kidderminster and Redditch.
Advertisement

His mother Heather Wardle's body was found in dense undergrowth in Redditch on Monday night.

She was found with a ligature around her neck at the base of a tree.

Both she and James - who had a mental age of 18 months - went missing on Friday.

He was epileptic and needed regular medication and round-the-clock care. He also used a wheelchair.

More follows....

This is looking like it's going to be another :shock: investigation. Just watched ITV news and apparently the family home has been sealed off.

I don't know what the hell is going on anymore. The world is going b****y mad!
ejm
Local Lag

Postby dogrose » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:52 pm

oh dear. when I first heard about this story I knew there would be no happy endings....very sad.
dogrose
On Parole

Postby OoBubblesoO » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:10 pm

So sad :( Thanks for the update and hope the family can come to terms with whats happened :cry:
OoBubblesoO
First Time Offender

Postby celticcarla » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:14 pm

I am saddened to tears for this woman and her son. how selfless and loving his mom mustve been to care for him all these years and what a horrible ending for them. I hope justice is served quickly for them both. :(
"We have a pact. This is our matter only. It is nobody else's business", says David Payne.
Gonçalo Amaral promises to clarify "all the lies created"
celticcarla
Mafia Boss

Postby Georgiecat » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:23 pm

Are the news channels implying the family are involved :? I thought the family had said how worried they are?

What is the world coming to? :roll:
"He lies with as many teeth as he has in his mouth"
Georgiecat
Local Lag

Postby ejm » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:41 pm

Georgiecat wrote:Are the news channels implying the family are involved :? I thought the family had said how worried they are?

What is the world coming to? :roll:

It seems to be a reocurring theme :(
ejm
Local Lag

Postby cushty » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:01 pm

it isn't going to be a Shannon Matthews type case

a real tragedy, I fear, whatever happened
cushty
Mafia Boss

Return to Missing Children, Child Welfare and Parent to Parent