Boris and George

Please put here those lovely animals that we all own, and post your funniest animal story.

Boris and George

Postby caterinavallenti » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:17 pm

I had posted it in another thread but see eveyone is starting a thread perhaps the mod could delete it from the thread it was in thanks

This is me with my two pets. The large horse is called Boris but sadly is no longer with us. We had to get him put to sleep about three and a half years ago. The small horse is called George and he is a thug. Completely mad has tried to do away with me on various occasions, if I have survived George

caterinavallenti
Suspect

Postby Mr.Shifter » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:18 pm

[font=Arial]Looks like you had your hands full with those two :lol: [/font]
Mr.Shifter
Suspect

Postby 8955PP » Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:13 pm

Wow, lovely horses. Thanks for sharing.

I used to want to learn to ride a horse when I was lil. I wanna learn to ride to compete and stuff, but got scared as soon as I saw how big the horses are, LOL!
8955PP
Suspect

Postby caterinavallenti » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:13 pm

They are big, I have had a great many falls which hurt a lot. Spent many a happy Saturday afternoon in A&E with the Rugby and Football players. :oops: All you single girls out there you know where all the guys are on a Saturday afternoon. :lol:
caterinavallenti
Suspect

Postby bonnybraes1 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:40 pm

Horses always remind me of trying to ride a motorbike that plots it's rider's downfall...After many such downfalls, I decided it was safer to stick to "Nice horsey" and admiring the skill of others.
bonnybraes1

Postby CaptnMorgan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:05 pm

Aww!!! How pretty!!! RIP Boris :cry: Thanks for sharing that picture with us. Sometimes those little horses are more honery. Do you think it could be the Napoleanic Syndome (little man syndrome) LOL!!!! :lol: Having an attitude to compensate for their small stature. I love your horses!!!!!
Justice for Madeleine
CaptnMorgan

Postby caterinavallenti » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:22 pm

Capn I think that is Georges attitude. His best form of defence is attack. In fairness he was a badly abused horse, and could have been put down as vicious. I spent 11 years getting him to as near normal as possible. He is wonderful now and we have a great relationship but it has not all been plain sailing, and a lot of hard work and comprimise with him. I love him dearly and now when I see him he nuzzles me and tries to lick my hand which is great from what he was like when I took him on. Humans are so cruel to animals. You need to be firm with him but not to bully him and he has a lot more respect for me now.
caterinavallenti
Suspect

Postby CaptnMorgan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:29 pm

Oh cat, you're an angel for saving him. I'm in rescue too. Thank you for doing that. I get sick to my stomach at the animal cruelty cases I hear about all the time. There was a lady not far from here a few years ago that had a bunch of horses out at her place and she was starving them to death. I don't know if she was a hoarder or what, but she got into a lot of trouble over that. My whole family has had horses forever and it takes a lot of work to take care of them the right way. My mom bathes hers once a week even!!

Give George a big kiss and hug. You're a sweetie!!
Justice for Madeleine
CaptnMorgan

Postby madison » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:36 am

My son has a Boris. Not a horse but nearly as big. He is a Dog de Boudeaux (French Mastiff) He is just one year old and the size of a fully grown lion.He really is a big softie. As I live in France and only get back to the UK about four or five times a year I am always astounded at how much he has grown.The only problem is he is very drooly. He makes my two Staffies look really small.
madison
New In Town

Return to Our Pets