found the dog I want

Please put here those lovely animals that we all own, and post your funniest animal story.

found the dog I want

Postby okwithmydecay » Sat May 17, 2008 4:07 pm

Anyway found my new dog, opened new thread (do not want this in alfie's thread). Will do big post tomorrow about new dog, have not got much time tonight. So anyway have 2 names I want to call it............ Norton or Dylan. What I want is your choice on names, asked a few people and Norton is winning.
Opinions are like arseholes, everyone's got one.
okwithmydecay
Been Cautioned

Re: found the dog I want

Postby Billie » Sat May 17, 2008 4:08 pm

My vote is for Norton! Great name!

Congratulations! :bounce:
Billie
Hardened Criminal

Postby Alpine Aster » Sat May 17, 2008 4:15 pm

Norton is the best name, what breed is the new dog?.
Those who play the game do not see as clearly as those who watch
Alpine Aster
Local Lag

Postby MoeSzyslak » Sat May 17, 2008 5:02 pm

I like both names, so I am of no use.
Knowing me, I'd flip a coin. :lol:
Happy for you that you have a new pooch to love.
They are wonderful creatures. :)
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one." - Benjamin Franklin
MoeSzyslak
On Parole

Postby cushty » Sat May 17, 2008 5:16 pm

Barbara Woodhouse (yes, I am that old!) used to say dogs respond best to a 't' sound, so Norton should be spot on
cushty
Mafia Boss

Postby okwithmydecay » Sun May 18, 2008 9:30 am

thanks everyone, his name will be Norton.

He is a x bread not sure what though, he does look like he has a little bit of Lab in him. He is a year old and is brown/black stripy coloured . I am getting him off a lady who takes in rescue dogs and trains them. He is very loving and bouncy . I have been told, if he does not work out she will always take him back no matter how long I have had him. I saw him yesterday and she is bringing him today to check my house.
okwithmydecay
Been Cautioned

Postby perrito » Wed May 21, 2008 11:02 pm

How are you doing with your new dog? I hope all is going well and you both share lots of lovely times together.
living life in the fast lane until the motor wears out

Justice is a temporary thing that must at last come to an end; but the conscience is eternal and will never die.
perrito

Postby madgeo » Thu May 22, 2008 8:50 pm

good luck. Mine is just over a year old now and has calmed down considerably once she hit 1 year old.
madgeo

Postby okwithmydecay » Wed May 28, 2008 8:47 pm

His name is not Norton, he did not take any notice of that name so it is Oscar. He is doing fine everyone loves him apart from my cats, who are scared of him(any tips on that would be great please). He is fitting in great and looks a bit like Alfie. I am still missing Alfie loads but love having a dog in the house.
okwithmydecay
Been Cautioned

Postby perrito » Wed May 28, 2008 8:52 pm

I'm glad Oscar is settling in well. I would think regarding the cats it will take time for them to get used to him, just ensure the cats have somewhere to go where they feel safe from Oscar and I'm sure in time they will get used to each other.
living life in the fast lane until the motor wears out

Justice is a temporary thing that must at last come to an end; but the conscience is eternal and will never die.
perrito

Postby okwithmydecay » Wed May 28, 2008 9:11 pm

perrito wrote:I'm glad Oscar is settling in well. I would think regarding the cats it will take time for them to get used to him, just ensure the cats have somewhere to go where they feel safe from Oscar and I'm sure in time they will get used to each other.

Yes making sure cats have somewhere safe to go (upstairs at the mo). Can see them getting a little better, but Oscar being 1yr old likes to run after them. Hard work at the mo but worth it in the end :lol: :lol: :lol: (God I am knacked)
okwithmydecay
Been Cautioned

Postby PantsOfGanga » Thu May 29, 2008 10:48 am

okwithmydecay wrote:His name is not Norton, he did not take any notice of that name so it is Oscar. He is doing fine everyone loves him apart from my cats, who are scared of him(any tips on that would be great please). He is fitting in great and looks a bit like Alfie. I am still missing Alfie loads but love having a dog in the house.

It's funny how you choose all these names and most times you get the dog and a totally different one seem to fit. I'm sure the cats will get over their trauma. I'm sure once they've bopped Oscar on the nose a few times to let him know where he stands, things will settle down. He'll get used to the house rule of not chasing kitty cats eventually if you're consistent about telling him no.
Thought for the day: Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
PantsOfGanga
On Parole

Return to Our Pets