Poor Del RIP

Please put here those lovely animals that we all own, and post your funniest animal story.

Poor Del RIP

Postby BigTone » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:05 pm

We have just had our lovely cat put down. After 14 years with him. He was called Del, and was more like a dog than a cat. We have just buried him in our garden and are now in mourning.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
"...they felt that their system of child checking that they were operating with their friends was better than the baby listening service that was on offer at the resort..." - Clarence Mitchell

Leave No Stomach Unturned.......
BigTone
Suspect

Re: Poor Del RIP

Postby cushty » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:24 pm

as a very soppy cat lover I feel for you

I hope the memory of those 14 good years will soon outweigh the pain you are feeling now
cushty
Mafia Boss

Postby JypsyBear » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:46 pm

Sorry to hear of your loss of Del, it is hard at this time for you.But just remember you gave him your love and he gave you his:)
JypsyBear
First Time Offender

Postby Psycho_Barbie » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:51 pm

Oh I do feel for you.
We lost our 13yr old cat last month. Poor old girl died in my arms. b****y awful it was.
"They must find it difficult...those who have taken authority as truth, rather than truth as authority." -Gerald Massey
Psycho_Barbie
New In Town

Postby chimaera » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:56 pm

So sad. It's awful when you lose a much loved pet.
Things are never so bad that they can't get worse.
chimaera
On Parole

Postby BigTone » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:36 am

Thanks to all of you for your understanding.

He had a good innings and was still depositing dead rodents up until a couple of weeks ago, so he didnt suffer for too long.

Our Big Hard Staffy will miss being chased by him!
"...they felt that their system of child checking that they were operating with their friends was better than the baby listening service that was on offer at the resort..." - Clarence Mitchell

BigTone
Suspect

Postby ejm » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:42 pm

I'm so sorry :(

Swee dreams Del. Have fun at the bridge xx

Rainbow Bridge

There is a bridge connecting Heaven and Earth. It is called the Rainbow Bridge because of its many colours. Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills and valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place. There is always food, water and warm spring weather. The old and the frail animals are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again. They play all day together.

There is only one thing missing. They are not with their special person who loved them on Earth. So, each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up. The nose twitches! The ears are up! The eyes are staring! And this one suddenly runs from the group!

You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her in your arms and embrace. Your face is kissed again and again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated.
ejm
Local Lag

Postby Will » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:02 pm

So sorry to hear of your grief, I'm going through the same, we lost our young dog through an awful illness. He died at the vets, heartbreaking.
The strange thing is, I think he's still with us, I've smelt the vets surgery smell a few times, and there was a strange noise in the kitchen. Maybe I'm just looking for comfort but has anyone else sensed their pet was with them after they had died?
Will
Will
New In Town

Postby cushty » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:11 pm

I belong to Cats Protection, and in their quarerly magazine they have a section dedicated to readers' tributes to dead pets, called Rainbow Bridge

and it never ceases to move me how many people send a tribute to cats who died many years ago

so yes, I do think in a way they stay with us, a presence in our hearts and senses
cushty
Mafia Boss

Postby Mez » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:13 pm

It's so sad, we lost our lovely Lottie cat in February, we still miss her loads as we had her nearly 14 years so have some idea how you are feeling we had to put her down and it isn't nice but we know it was the right decision, we scattered 'her' in the garden were one of our other cats is buried. XXXX
Mez
New In Town

Postby BigTone » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:50 pm

Thanks again to you all.

We had him put to sleep at home, which was better for him i think, less stressful. We also both were stroking him as he went. :(

As I said to Mrs BigTone, he had a more dignified end than we will probably have.

Even the dog seems to be in mourning today !!!

BigTone
Suspect

Postby beachy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:04 am

BigTone wrote:Thanks again to you all.

We had him put to sleep at home, which was better for him i think, less stressful. We also both were stroking him as he went. :(

As I said to Mrs BigTone, he had a more dignified end than we will probably have.

Even the dog seems to be in mourning today !!!

Well, at the end of the day, what more could any of us ask of our passing, really, than for it to be painless and to be with the ones we love most when it happens?

This is truly, truly sad for you, I know, but I hope the day will come soon when you can remember Del with happiness and be content to know that you gave him a good life and much love right up to the very last moment.
beachy
Hardened Criminal

Postby perrito » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:36 pm

So sorry to hear of your loss BigTone but you can console yourself somewhat by knowing that your pet had a long and happy life with people who loved him dearly, that is so much more than many poor animals can say.
living life in the fast lane until the motor wears out

Justice is a temporary thing that must at last come to an end; but the conscience is eternal and will never die.
perrito

Return to Our Pets