Diário de Notícias - 2/5/2008

Translations can be found here from Ozzy, Astro and Li. A big thank you to all the translators from Admin, Mods and Members.

Diário de Notícias - 2/5/2008

Postby Li » Fri May 02, 2008 3:02 pm

"I don't know what clues were followed by the PJ"

Filipa Ambr├│sio de Sousa and Pedro Vilela Marques

In prime time, the three Portuguese television channels transmitted yesterday interviews of the McCanns. Kate and Gerry still believe that their daughter is alive. The couple admits that they "were very upset" when they were made arguidos and that there were failures in the communication between them and the investigators.

How did you react when you were made arguidos?

I confess that I was very upset. I have to be honest for Madeleine. People began to look at me as a suspect and that was devastating.
(Kate McCann to TVI)

What was you worst nightmare since that happened?

The first days were our worst nightmare. To think that she had been taken and killed by someone.
(Gerry to RTP)

How do you face the reenactment of the events of that night?

How can you do a reenactment of something that will be clearly fabricated by the media?
(Gerry to Sky News)

Did you think that you were suspects from that moment on?

We did not know. But we also did not know what the PJ did exactly. We do not know what suspects were eliminated and which were the grounds. We do not know what clues were followed by the PJ and that is sad, because we wanted all stones turned in the search for Maddie and we need to believe that everything that had to be made was made.
(Gerry to TVI)

The PJ says that the testimonies are contradictory. How do you explain that?

I don't understand what doubts the PJ still have.
(Gerry to TVI)

How do you intend to speak to the twins about Maddie?

They speak about their sister everyday... when they play they include her. If in a way that is difficult in the other hand is loving (tears). They know that she is missing and that we are looking for her. (Gerry interrupts...) Sean is very adorabale because he says: "When we will be in Portugal, Maddie is there".
(Kate to SIC)

How was the last year of your life?

I think it was the most difficult year of our lives. We have been motivated by the strong possibility of Madeleine being still alive. The love and joy of Sean and Amelie make us continue.
(Gerry to SIC)

How do you spend your days?

Most of the time I am working and most of the nights we work doing research for the campaign.
(Gerry to SIC)
(Kate McCann to TVI)

Do you feel any anxiousness to return to Portugal?

Yes. We never imagined that Portugal would give us so much attention.
(Kate to RTP)

A year later do you still think that Maddie might be alive?

There are hypothesis that she is alive, yes. There are so many children that are only found after several years...
(Kate to RTP)

Why didn't you take Maddie with you to the Tapas Bar?

Because the children were asleep at 19,30.
(Gerry to RTP)
http://dn.sapo.pt/2008/05/02/sociedade/ ... eguiu.html
Li
You're Nicked

Re: Diário de Notícias - 2/5/2008

Postby whatatangledweb » Fri May 02, 2008 3:06 pm

Thanks Li for posting. :bounce:
Litle Sean knows his parents should go back to Portugal, IMO his parents should listen to him.

Sean is very adorabale because he says: "When we will be in Portugal, Maddie is there".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRsJlAJvOSM
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRvgK6M2_ ... re=related
we will gain truth and justice for a little girl who has no voice
whatatangledweb
Local Lag

Return to Translations by Ozzy, Astro and Li