24 Horas - 30/4/2008

Translations can be found here from Ozzy, Astro and Li. A big thank you to all the translators from Admin, Mods and Members.

24 Horas - 30/4/2008

Postby Li » Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:40 am

Aníbal Malvar says that his article in "El Mundo" was misunderstood

The author of the devastating article published in "El Mundo" says there is a misunderstanding... But he apologises

The journalist that wrote an article in "El Mundo" about the PJ inspectors, namely about Gonçalo Amaral, apologises.

"It was never my intention to offend the Portuguese police or Gonçalo Amaral. If I did it, I apologise". This were the words of Aníbal Malvar to the 24 Horas yesterday.
The journalist, 43 years old, that will be sued for what he wrote said that he tried to speak with Gonçalo Amaral to clarify any misunderstanding but was not able to.
Aníbal Malvar says he is surprised with the repercussion that his article published last Sunday is having in Portugal. "The article is a literary one and has several sarcasms and it's perhaps because of that that was misunderstood", he claims.
Malvar says that he made critics but to the British police. "What I wanted to denounce was that the PJ of Portimão could not do their work because the British colleagues did not allowed. The influences were several and at a high level", he said to 24 Horas.

"Removed by political reasons"

The Spanish journalist says that the former coordinator of Maddie's case was a person with clear ideas about the disappearance of the little girl". His conviction was that the McCanns were involved", assumes the journalist.
Malvar claims that Amaral, with whom he talked once during more than three hours in September, last year, in Algarve "was removed from the police by political reasons".
In the article it is attributed to Gonçalo Amaral the following sentence about Kate: "You did not see the mother (of Madeleine). You don't know the mother. She is cold. She is cunning. She is an actress". Gonçalo Amaral said that he is going to sue.

"Silliness is not a crime"

Paulo Pereira Cristóvão, former PJ inspector, received yesterday a phone call from the journalist of "El Mundo" asking him if two of the policemen of his book "The star of Maddie", João Tavares e Francisco Meireles, were true or fiction. The Spanish journalist used these names in his article with some sensational sayings. Example "We smoke, we like to eat and to drink". Cristóvão said to him that they were fictional. "Although he publishes passages of my book I don't have how to sue him because being silly is not a crime" he said to 24 Horas.
http://www.24horasnewspaper.com/total.p ... 31&link=11
Li
You're Nicked

Re: 24 Horas - 30/4/2008

Postby mickahoine » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:16 am

ta. :lol: :lol: :lol:
mickahoine
New In Town

Re: 24 Horas - 30/4/2008

Postby mickahoine » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:16 am

ta. :lol: :lol: :lol:
mickahoine