GABBLY - NO LONGER ENDORSED BY 3A

** UPDATE **

We are pleased to reopen to guests the following forums.

Lounge/What are you talking about
Justice for Madeleine
Maddy - Reference Forum and Investigations
Translations by Ozzy, Astro and Li

PLEASE NOTE - This Forum is a reconstruction of the Forum as it was on May 30, 2008.
No new registrations are accepted. The Forum is READ-ONLY and is for historic purposes only!

Re: GABBLY - NO LONGER ENDORSED BY 3A

Postby misplacedfemale » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:29 pm

Please keep me up to date, if and when we need to move. I miss this site when it went down. Although it a shame that the trolls seems to attack others posts. Maybe they should set up their own. But then it would be boring for them, attacking each other. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
misplacedfemale
Been Cautioned

Postby Bat E Bird » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:33 pm

Would you please keep me informed as well?

I don't post on here that much but I was on Gabbly during the maintenance and really enjoyed talking to the people who were on there. That is, until we were trolled.

Mind you, there was no harm done and nothing really offensive so it turned into a laugh really.

Thanks
Say what you want and be who you are because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss
Bat E Bird
New In Town

Postby thentherewere4 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:36 pm

Hire Gimly.
thentherewere4
On Parole

Location: The Rothley Court Hotel Westfield Lane Rothley LE7 7LG

Postby Loz54 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:59 pm

I really enjoyed 'chatting' to posters on Gabbly when the site was down for maintenance etc and at one point we had a bit of a party going. During the time I was logged on there was one rather abusive troll who tried to spoil the fun so if this has got worse then I can understand the 3As not wanting to endorse it's use.

I for one would be interested to know if a troll-free replacement can be found as it's a good back-up and a chance to 'chat' to fellow posters.

On the two occasions I've popped into Gabbly CaptnMorgan has been particularly welcoming. :)

It's a shame when a few people spoil it for everyone else.
Loz

"Fear is the mother of foresight" - Thomas Hardy
Loz54
Been Cautioned

Postby bigmummy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:08 pm

we had a cuppa tea and a brenda party shame them trolls spoil things
bigmummy
On Parole

Postby imlawlor » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:37 pm

I am becoming a bit concerned about things not being endorsed by 3A. Links to other sites (the latest being Red Crown) are being deleted. I am also concerned about the number of people being banned. A good forum allows free speech, the good with the bad. I feel we are being isolated and cut off from other forum discussions.

I have a horrible feeling this site will go down and we will have no central place to go. I hope I am wrong but I have a feeling this post will disappear and I will be banned for questioning the intentions of this site. Perhaps Mlud was right we were herded into a corral and are about to be sent over the cliff.

Had a bad feeling about the site yesterday too many links and posts disappearing and too much overcontrol of what was being said.

Hope I am wrong
imlawlor
You're Nicked

Postby astro » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:56 pm

It's a pity. I hope you can maybe find an alternative.

Thanks for all the hard work you do.
astro
Been Cautioned

Postby plath » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:01 pm

Well that gabbly thing got a bit hairy lately. Scary place.
plath

Postby TeresaofAvila » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:17 pm

imlawlor wrote:I am becoming a bit concerned about things not being endorsed by 3A. Links to other sites (the latest being Red Crown) are being deleted. I am also concerned about the number of people being banned. A good forum allows free speech, the good with the bad. I feel we are being isolated and cut off from other forum discussions.

I have a horrible feeling this site will go down and we will have no central place to go. I hope I am wrong but I have a feeling this post will disappear and I will be banned for questioning the intentions of this site. Perhaps Mlud was right we were herded into a corral and are about to be sent over the cliff.

Had a bad feeling about the site yesterday too many links and posts disappearing and too much overcontrol of what was being said.

Hope I am wrong

The awesome power of teh intarwebz provides this simple solution: google and bookmark any other site in which you are interested.
TeresaofAvila
Been Cautioned

Postby Tripz » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:06 pm

We don't need corrupting the posters here...We are all amoral here and may it stay that way...Good job by the admin in blocking these dens of iniquity! :P
TRUTH & JUSTICE
"IL FAUT MENTIR POUR ETRE VRAI"
Tripz
Lifer

Postby HiDeHo » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:25 pm

I have a temporary chat room (with another one in the 'works) in Madeleine group.

You are welcome to try it...(I'm Tin-Lizzy in there)

http://groups.msn.com/madeleinemccann/m ... echat.msnw

Let me know if you have trouble getting in...
Visit Site Menu & follow links for almost 1,000 Ref Articles (Constantly Updated)
http://groups.msn.com/madeleinemccann/sitemenu.msnw

Breaking News sent to members' 'inbox' when available.
http://groups.msn.com/madeleinemccann
HiDeHo

Postby julygirl3210 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:45 pm

Hello HiDeHi. I am registered on http://groups.msn.com/madeleinemccann/

To everyone else on here, I can vouch for the integrity of the site. It is a wonderful site to go to if or whenever 3A is down.

HiDeHi has copied a lot of the posts from this site, and has put a great deal of hard work into it.

I would certainly consider using the chat facility on there. It is a very good alternative to here in the event of a blip.
"Out damned spot ................" - Macbeth
julygirl3210
On Parole

Postby Elemental » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:15 pm

I'm sorry I ever mentioned it now :oops: It never dawned on me that saddo trolls would bother with it. Gobshites!
Let that be a lesson to one and to all, a person is a person, no matter how small.
Elemental
On Parole

Postby plath » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:19 pm

Oh Elemental you didn't half make me laugh just then. "Gobshites" I never heard that word before but it is a wonderful word and I shall be using it often LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
plath

Postby julygirl3210 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:23 pm

Gobshites is used quite a lot where I live (Yorkshire, black puddings and eckythump)
"Out damned spot ................" - Macbeth
julygirl3210
On Parole

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements from Admin