The Legal Aspects of this Case

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

The Legal Aspects of this Case

Postby bjr » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:29 pm

I have created this sticky for the discussion of the Legal Aspects of this case. I can see that many of the threads are having the legal arguments posted on them, hence the creating of this sticky. I am going to ask the mods to move all legal aspect posts debating the legalities of this case to this thread, ie. permissions needed to interview witnesses, failure to cooperate with rogatory letters and requests etc.
To my critics
When I'm in a sober mood, I worry, work and think,
When I'm in a drunken mood, I gamble, play and drink,
But when my moods are over and my time has come to pass,
I hope I'm buried upside down, so the world may kiss my ar*e
bjr

Re: The Legal Aspects of this Case

Postby sina » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:38 pm

Thanks bjr!!! Great idea!!!!
sina
First Time Offender

Postby maid marion » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:42 pm

Great news :D Just to add I think that some threads seem to be dominated by a few posters who are solely into point scoring.
maid marion
Been Cautioned

Postby Drummergirl » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:49 pm

Thanks, bjr. Personally, I'd rather have all the legal stuff together like this, than all on different threads, because it's easier to understand and link together. Fantastic idea!
Fear nothing, regret less.
Drummergirl
You're Nicked

Postby cocopop » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:49 pm

... and it is so much easier to ignore :)
cocopop
Suspect

Postby carlymichelle » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:54 pm

cocopop wrote:... and it is so much easier to ignore :)

sure is
carlymichelle
On Parole

Postby Laffin Assasin » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:06 pm

Can you rename it the Cut and Copy Law School for Pretendy Legal Students

:wink:
Laffin Assasin
Mafia Boss

Postby jack2000 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:08 pm

Could I ask that posters in this thread while discussing the legal ramifications of the case try to remember that there is a victim. This whole section is about JUSTICE FOR MADELEINE. It is her welfare (or memory) that this whole board concerns.
Não requer muitas palavras falar a verdade.
It does not require many words to speak the truth.
(Chief Joseph, leader of the Nez Perce Nation (1840-1904))
jack2000
Been Cautioned

Postby SweetPepperSpray » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:11 pm

If discussion of legal matters is to be confined to this thread, one hopes it will cover legal discussion that supports the bias of this board as well as legal discussion that does not.

Perhaps we shall be seeing a lot of Beachy here.
Last edited by janz1956 on Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: DO NOT INSULT OTHER POSTERS. IT IS AGAINST THE T & CS OF THIS FORUM
SweetPepperSpray
You're Nicked

Postby jack2000 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:14 pm

SweetPepperSpray wrote:If discussion of legal matters is to be confined to this thread, one hopes it will cover legal discussion that supports the bias of this board as well as legal discussion that does not.

The bias of this board being of course JUSTICE FOR MADELEINE.
Não requer muitas palavras falar a verdade.
It does not require many words to speak the truth.
(Chief Joseph, leader of the Nez Perce Nation (1840-1904))
jack2000
Been Cautioned

Postby SweetPepperSpray » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:03 pm

SweetPepperSpray wrote:If discussion of legal matters is to be confined to this thread, one hopes it will cover legal discussion that supports the bias of this board as well as legal discussion that does not.

I was not insulting Beachy.

I mwas pointing out that if Legal discussion is limited to this thread, I hope it will apply to legal discussion that the majority of this board agrees with (anti-McCann) as well as legal discussion that this board disagrees with (pro-McCann or fencesitiing).

If all legal discussion is here, we shall be seeing a lot of Beachy here as she discusses legal details a lot.

I have a suspicion that there may be an attempt to derail legal arguments that are out of favour with the majority and remove them to this thread, while leaving legal arguments that are pleasing in their original threads.

If that is the case, of course the Admin and Mods have that right, but by doing so they will be confirming the inherent bias on this board (and that is not just a bias in favour of Madeleine.)

There is always the chance that either all (including Beachy) who talk of law will be moved here, or that none will be (and this thread is just voluntary). Either of these two options would show that the board was at least trying to be fair, rather than biassed to one side of the argument.

I know from what bjr posted last night, she desperately wants this place to be a forum for all Pros and Antis. I welcome that and just hope that the Moderators and other Posters support her in ensuring that more than one side of a question is heard.
SweetPepperSpray
You're Nicked

Postby Apoplexia » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:11 pm

SweetPepperSpray wrote:

I was not insulting Beachy.

I mwas pointing out that if Legal discussion is limited to this thread, I hope it will apply to legal discussion that the majority of this board agrees with (anti-McCann) as well as legal discussion that this board disagrees with (pro-McCann or fencesitiing).

If all legal discussion is here, we shall be seeing a lot of Beachy here as she discusses legal details a lot.

I have a suspicion that there may be an attempt to derail legal arguments that are out of favour with the majority and remove them to this thread, while leaving legal arguments that are pleasing in their original threads.

If that is the case, of course the Admin and Mods have that right, but by doing so they will be confirming the inherent bias on this board (and that is not just a bias in favour of Madeleine.)

There is always the chance that either all (including Beachy) who talk of law will be moved here, or that none will be (and this thread is just voluntary). Either of these two options would show that the board was at least trying to be fair, rather than biassed to one side of the argument.

I know from what bjr posted last night, she desperately wants this place to be a forum for all Pros and Antis. I welcome that and just hope that the Moderators and other Posters support her in ensuring that more than one side of a question is heard.

I've already seen an example of this.

One 'anti-McCann' poster who was vocally supporting the idea that all legal discussion should be moved to this thread asked for anyone with legal knowledge to respond to news that the prosecutor will be coming to the UK. Said poster didn't come to this thread to ask the question, of course, because he was anticipating receiving a response which he wanted to hear, and had no desire to see said response banished to this thread.
Last edited by MsMarbles on Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Please desist from referring to other posters in such a manner and keep this thread on topic or such posts may be edited or removed.
Apoplexia
You're Nicked

Postby Laffin Assasin » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:21 pm

:?: :?: where are all the Legal experts :?
Laffin Assasin
Mafia Boss

Postby MirrorRefugee » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:50 pm

Seems like good organisation to me, much easier to access. Not being a regular poster I hope Im right.This is a great site and much appreciated...Thanks and keep up the search for truth....
MirrorRefugee
New In Town

Postby somthinfishie » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:53 pm

Laffin Assasin wrote::?: :?: where are all the Legal experts :?

Gotta get their homework done,Laffin,it`s a school day tomorrow. :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: ~~fishie
we have to speculate about the situation Madeleine finds herself (in).

Gerry McCanns blog day 184.

http://www.mccannfiles.com
somthinfishie
On Parole

Next

Return to Justice for Madeleine