ROGATORY LETTERS, PJ INTERVIEWS, and RECONSTRUCTION UPDATE

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

ROGATORY LETTERS, PJ INTERVIEWS, and RECONSTRUCTION UPDATE

Postby HawkEyes1 » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:36 am

The UK Press Association released this statement on January 16, 2008:

Portuguese investigators seeking to re-interview friends of Madeleine McCann's parents, from Leicestershire, are in contact with the UK authorities via an intermediary. Portuguese police seeking to re-interview the "Tapas Seven" are reportedly in contact with the British authorities via Eurojust. They are understood to be poised to fly to the UK to sit in on fresh questioning of the friends by British police. The seven were on holiday in Praia da Luz in the Algarve with Kate and Gerry McCann when their daughter vanished last year.

The Portuguese public prosecutor contacted Eurojust - the European Union's judicial co-operation agency - at the start of January. Its spokesman, Joannes Thuy, said on Tuesday: "I can confirm that Eurojust was asked to be the go-between for the Portuguese and the UK authorities."

Eurojust, based in The Hague, Holland, was formed in 2002 and is made up of 27 prosecutors and judges, one from each of the EU's member states. Its role is to help European investigators and prosecutors exchange requests for information and assistance in cases of serious crime involving more than one country.

Mr and Mrs McCann, from Rothley, have been named "arguidos", or formal suspects, in Madeleine's disappearance, but they strenuously protest their innocence.

Title change to add ONGOING PJ INTERVIEWS, since many posters do not realise that they are being included here, following the approval of the ROGATORY LETTERS. No changes in text; except for removal of unneccessary underlining
Last edited by HawkEyes1 on Mon May 26, 2008 7:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Re: UK PRESS ASSOCIATION AND THE ROGATORY LETTERS - merged

Postby HawkEyes1 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:11 pm

An update to the status of the rogatory letters from the PJ to the Home Office:

It was confirmed through an internal source at the Home Office that the rogatory letters from the PJ have been received by the Home Secretary, Jacqui Smith, but that she has yet to make a decision to approve the interrogation of the friends of the McCanns. According to SOS, they arrived at the Home Office on January 16, 2008.

For the original article in French, which appeared in SOS, see the following webpage at:

http://sosmaddie.dhblogs.be/archive/200 ... nique.html

McCann: Interrogatoires r****d├®es par decision britannique

Une source interne de l'Home Office britannique ├á confirm├® hier soir que les lettres rogatoires des autorit├®s portugaises, demandant l'interrogatoire de plusieurs britanniques, notamment les amis du couple McCann, sont bien arriv├®s mais que le secr├®taire d'Etat ├á l'Int├®rieur, Jacqui Smith, avait d├®cid├® de ne pas leur accorder une r├®ponse imm├®diate.

La nouvelle n'a pas cueilli de surprise la Police Judiciaire (PJ), vu le comportement pr├®alable des diplomates britanniques au Portugal, mais commence ├á susciter une certaine inqui├®tude par rapport ├á l'aboutissement de l'enqu├¬te.

La PJ et les responsables du Minist├¿re Public ont suivi toutes les proc├®dures l├®gales dans l'envoi des lettres rogatoires, passant par le Procureur General de la R├®publique (PGR), avec l'aide d'Eurojust et en concertation pr├®alable avec la police de Leicester, notamment dans l'├®laboration des dizaines de questions destin├®s ├á l'interrogatoire des t├®moins.

Depuis la disparition de Madeleine McCann, le 3 mai 2007, ce n'est pas la premi├¿re fois que les autorit├®s de Londres sont accus├®es d'interf├®rence dans l'enqu├¬te, mais la m├¬me source consid├¿re que le secr├®taire d'Etat ├á l'Int├®rieur, Jacqui Smith, "sera bien oblig├® d'accepter ou alors de s'expliquer publiquement" ├á propos d'une affaire qui suscite d├®j├á beaucoup interrogations au Royaume-Uni.

Documents confidentiels, concernant le travail des diplomates de sa majest├® au Portugal, avec des instructions bien pr├®cises sur l'attitude ├á prendre avec les autorit├®s locales et avec la famille McCann, sont devenus publiques soulevant le doute ├á propos l'int├®r├¬t du gouvernement de Gordon Brown dans la question.

Secret de justice jusqu'en septembre

Aujourd'hui, le Correio da Manh├ú, le plus grand quotidien portugais, fait ├®galement allusion au r****d britannique rajoutant que la police aurait demand├® la saisie de plusieurs objets appartenant aux McCann. Le m├¬me journal avance encore que l'enqu├¬te ├á la disparition de Madeleine McCann restera en secret de justice jusqu'au 15 septembre 2008, d'apr├¿s une d├®cision du juge Pedro Frias, en charge du dossier. La d├®cision aurait ├®t├® prise car le juge ├á consid├®r├®e que les d├®lais ne doivent compter qu'apr├¿s l'adoption du nouveau Code de Proc├¿s P├®nal. Il n'y a pas de recours possible contre cette d├®cision du magistrat.

Removed underlining only; no changes to text
Last edited by HawkEyes1 on Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Re: UPDATE ON THE STATUS OF THE PJ ROGATORY LETTERS

Postby JFM » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:36 pm

So Jackie Smith has had letters for 2 weeks..... I understood she had to give a decision within 2 days!!!!!

What's going on????? :shock: :? :roll:

JUSTICE FOR MADDIE
JFM
New In Town

Postby HawkEyes1 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:22 pm

I was under the impression, JFM, that the Home Secretary would have to respond within 24 hours.

Very puzzling as to why Jacqui Smith would be holding on to these letters for so long and why she has not yet authorised the interrogation by the Leicestershire Police. It starts to make you wonder if the questions are being leaked ahead of time to the Tapas 9 (or 10).

Or would she seriously turn down the request?

No changes; removed underlining only
Last edited by HawkEyes1 on Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Postby lizzy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:42 am

I read an article on a link from the Mirror forum about 10 days ago saying that the Police wanted to come and charge them , wihtout further interviews as they had sufficient evidence to do this, but our Governement GB had asked that in case of early election, to do it via the Rogatory letters to delay the process, that would appear to be happening, the delay I mean so looks like it may be true. I wish I could remember the link but accessed it directly from the Mirror forum.
lizzy
Suspect

Postby MsMarbles » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:24 pm

lizzy wrote:I read an article on a link from the Mirror forum about 10 days ago saying that the Police wanted to come and charge them , wihtout further interviews as they had sufficient evidence to do this, but our Governement GB had asked that in case of early election, to do it via the Rogatory letters to delay the process, that would appear to be happening, the delay I mean so looks like it may be true. I wish I could remember the link but accessed it directly from the Mirror forum.

Even if the letters have been sent. Can't the PJ say sod the election now and forget the letters, as it's seems to be being strung out, and just go ahead and charge them if that was the case? Or is it now more complicated than that because of the letters?
I believe.....
I believe and trust in Eddie and keela.
__
"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams
MsMarbles
On Parole

Postby HawkEyes1 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:33 pm

MsMarbles wrote: Even if the letters have been sent. Can't the PJ say sod the election now and forget the letters, as it's seems to be being strung out, and just go ahead and charge them if that was the case? Or is it now more complicated than that because of the letters?

That is an interesting question, MsMarbles. The PJ could go head and charge the McCanns, I imagine, but it may be in their interest to go back to Eurojust, should the Home Office not act within the time-frame allowed, and then questions could be raised in the European Parliament.

Remarkable, if the UK government ranks the McCanns higher than any entente cordiale between Portugal and the UK!

Last edited by HawkEyes1 on Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Postby Factfinder » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:13 pm

Hi everyone, I have been lurking around catching up since coming over from the mf.

I read the article in the Daily mail this morning regarding the rogatory letters. This stated that the pj considered Jacqui Smith to be holding up the investigation by not moving quickly enough to give her permission for the reinterviewing to take place. As this took me quite by surprise, I decided to send her an e-mail, basically asking her to pull her governmental finger out in the nicest way possible. I am yet to recieve a reply, but if anyone is interested I will post it when I do. :D
Factfinder
New In Town

Postby Factfinder » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:27 pm

Lou203 has posted on another thread saying that they have learned from a contact that the letters were never sent. Maybe that is why I never recieved a reply. I suppose that it would be unprofessional of Jaqui Smith to,'tell tales' on the pj regarding the whereabouts of these mythical letters. :?: :?: :?:
Factfinder
New In Town

Postby mumof5 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:45 pm

I am confused by this whole rogatory letters thing ...

I wonder what the truth is ? :?
CADAVER DOGS CAN'T TELL LIES !
mumof5
Local Lag

Postby bjr » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:04 pm

I am moving this topic to the Main Maddy Forum for discussion.
To my critics
When I'm in a sober mood, I worry, work and think,
When I'm in a drunken mood, I gamble, play and drink,
But when my moods are over and my time has come to pass,
I hope I'm buried upside down, so the world may kiss my ar*e
bjr

Postby HawkEyes1 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:37 pm

Factfinder wrote:Lou203 has posted on another thread saying that they have learned from a contact that the letters were never sent. Maybe that is why I never recieved a reply. I suppose that it would be unprofessional of Jaqui Smith to,'tell tales' on the pj regarding the whereabouts of these mythical letters. :?: :?: :?:

Factfinder, I have just read the new OP about his journalist friend's report that the rogtatory letters have never been sent.

I have replied on that thread ansd have asked Lou23 to ask his journalist friend to contact Thuy at Eurojust and ask him to confirm his statement in the UK Press Association press release.

As I said, this case gets curiouser and curiouser.

Belatedly corrected a typo
Last edited by HawkEyes1 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Postby HawkEyes1 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:45 pm

Factfinder wrote:Lou203 has posted on another thread saying that they have learned from a contact that the letters were never sent. Maybe that is why I never recieved a reply. I suppose that it would be unprofessional of Jaqui Smith to,'tell tales' on the pj regarding the whereabouts of these mythical letters. :?: :?: :?:

Factfinder, I have also just read the new OP about the rogtatory letters having never been sent from Portugal.

I have replied on that thread and have suggested to Lou23 that he ask his journalist friend to contact Mr. Thuy, the official spokesman at Eurojust directly. He could then ask him to confirm his statement in the UK Press Association press release of January 16.

Last edited by HawkEyes1 on Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Postby HawkEyes1 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:48 pm

bjr wrote:I am moving this topic to the Main Maddy Forum for discussion.

bjr, many thanks for moving this to the Main Maddy Forum in light of Lou23's contradictory posting!
HawkEyes1
On Parole

Postby farfromthe... » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:55 pm

Uh-oh someone is gonna be in trouble... you don't get to accuse the home secretary of stalling on a criminal matter when it turns out she hasn't even recieved the letters.... this could get nasty, I hope those who reported it initially have good sources... ones they can trust.
Zero tolerance. If ignore doesn't work then I will name and shame culprits.
farfromthe...
Mafia Boss

Next

Return to Justice for Madeleine