open letter to the board re: Esther Mcvey

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

open letter to the board re: Esther Mcvey

Postby joepublic » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:34 pm

There was a thread on the titanic, sorry mean the mf with regards to Esther mcvey standing down from the find maddie fund, has she actually issued a statement yet stating why? I know we had the usual carp from clarrie but wondered if Esther could answer this one herself yet?
Last edited by joepublic on Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joepublic
You're Nicked

Re: Any nrws from Esther Mcvey

Postby oldcrone » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:56 pm

Not heard or seen anything from Esther as yet - and many of us would like to know the 'whys', 'hows' and 'whens' of this grubby saga.

I'm amazed that a woman of her supposed intelligence didn't bail out a lot quicker ...
"Got a feeling I've been here before, watching as you cross the killing floor,
You know you'll have to pay it all, you'll pay today or you'll pay tomorrow ..."

('Your Gold Teeth' - STEELY DAN)
oldcrone
Been Cautioned

Postby joepublic » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:05 pm

Thanks Crone, wondered if maybe I had missed a statement from her because the silence on her part speaks volumes to me. Can you remember who asked this original question back on mf?
joepublic
You're Nicked

Postby A_T » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:05 pm

We'll never hear anything from her on this subject. If she has her way her time with the Fund will be carefully airbrushed from history
A_T
You're Nicked

Postby LogicMan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:19 pm

I bet these people just HATE the internet...where their "associations" will be there for as long as the internet is...which is gonna be a looooong time.....

LogicMan
On Parole

Postby Laffin Assasin » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:25 am

Come election time she'll have to talk to the Public at some point, bide your time 8)
Laffin Assasin
Mafia Boss

Postby Pele » Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:04 am

Laffin Assasin wrote:Come election time she'll have to talk to the Public at some point, bide your time 8)

That's a good point.

It's to her credit that she got out when she did, as, no matter what, the fund has become inappropriate.
Pele
Suspect

Postby unclemonty » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:08 am

Wait and see - you'll end up admiring this woman, believe me.
unclemonty
New In Town

Postby dogrose » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:23 am

I think something must be up. surely you wouldnt leave a "charity" run for the missing child of one of your oldest friends without good reason. even if she had stepped down to be just a board member I could understand that. but to leave totally makes me wonder that she is not happy with how the fund is run. I didnt buy her leaving to "spend more time with her family" or as she said her masters course etc...
dogrose
On Parole

Postby gestalt » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:27 am

unclemonty wrote:Wait and see - you'll end up admiring this woman, believe me.

Are you getting paid for this startling wit uncle?
gestalt
First Time Offender

Postby fuzzball » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:34 am

dogrose wrote:I think something must be up. surely you wouldnt leave a "charity" run for the missing child of one of your oldest friends without good reason. even if she had stepped down to be just a board member I could understand that. but to leave totally makes me wonder that she is not happy with how the fund is run. I didnt buy her leaving to "spend more time with her family" or as she said her masters course etc...

My thoughts too. I found it telling that she stood down at a time when things were getting rather uncomfortable for the McCanns. Surely if personal commitments were the reason, a bigger show of support - as a longtime friend - would have been to take a backseat role in the fund but remain in post, rather than public appearing to be jumping from the sinking ship.
fuzzball
New In Town

Postby anti-PhiloPastry » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:47 am

Perhaps Ms. McVey like a lot of people started to have great doubts. She must have seen where the money was going, and questioned it? Metodo 3 for example, she may have started to wonder why hire them when they seem rather inept and also what the very high payments to them were really about.

If she now has great doubts about their total innocence, she may have already expressed that to the relevant authorities but we are not privilege to that information.

I am not saying her reasons for being a part of the fund were totally altruistic, but I am not going to judge her too harshly yet.
anti-PhiloPastry
Been Cautioned

Postby Anonymous the 1st » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:02 am

gestalt wrote:

...or do you know something we don't?
Anonymous the 1st
New In Town

Postby gestalt » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:06 am

Anonymous the 1st wrote:
gestalt wrote:

...or do you know something we don't?

He's quoting Crystaltips (or rather is isn't), thinking he's funny (which he isn't) and trying to be clever (and he's not).
gestalt
First Time Offender

Postby JTennison » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:25 am

Good to see this issue has been re-ignited. Big, big thanks to OP.

However, I'm already starting to see some posts on here, a bit like last time shall we say??? Odd that.

Nice one Unclemonty - the joke is especially not lost on me - as that message was directed at me personally. Funny though, never did change my mind about Ms McVeigh, and after the report about her recent shenanigans (posted kindly by Shubob shortly before MF site went down???) I certainly do not admire this woman.

Let's face it - she's was the media face/ spokesperson of a fund asking the public for kind donations. Public money = Responsibility and accountability Esther. You have shown neither by resigning with no explanation, in effect leaving out the back door on a good day for burying the bad stuff.

Wonder if she'll be at the twins birthday party???

Shubob - where are you? We're back on McVeigh watch.

Love to see some MORE trusty old threads reappear that went down on 'Mirror Forum Black-out' Day. Make's one feel at home, especially knowing that it'll get certain backs up.

Big regards JT

People who throw stones eh, Esther?
JTennison
Been Cautioned

Next

Return to Justice for Madeleine