'Well' within the bounds of responsible parenting

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

'Well' within the bounds of responsible parenting

Postby Spartacus » Fri May 30, 2008 4:01 pm

How would the events of that night be quantified then ( legally ) ?

It seems what the McCanns did wasn't just OK, it was better than OK

By all accounts leaving three children under the age of four, alone in an unlocked apartment, going off for a meal and drinks 50 metres away ( out of vision of the apartment ), and checking every half hour, is considered 'well' within the bounds of responsible parenting

So what could they have got away with to be merely 'within' the bounds of responsible parenting ... rather than 'well' within it ?

And what more exactly would they have to have done that night for it to be 'outside' responsible parenting ?

... just wondering how this, within, well within, outside, spectrum of responsible parenting is being determined in Madeleine's case
Spartacus
Been Cautioned

Re: 'Well' within the bounds of responsible parenting

Postby benidicta » Fri May 30, 2008 4:06 pm

YES I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN CONFUSED ABOUT that statment,each time i hear it i cant help thinking are they mad
SUNSHINE
MOONLIGHT
GOODTIMES
BUGGY
THEY JUST CANT HELP THEMSELVES
benidicta
First Time Offender

Postby Chox » Fri May 30, 2008 4:09 pm

bingo benedicta.

and of course, my thought is that if anyone of authority said they are well within the bounds,

then why dont they admit it in public?

they are mad mad mad.
Chox
Been Cautioned

Postby Reperioverum » Fri May 30, 2008 4:13 pm

I suspect that the team of lawyers that flew to PdL within days of Madeleine's disappearance have strongly advised the Ms to choose their words VERY carefully........

ETA : HOW LEAVING 3 TODDLERS ALONE IN A HOLIDAY APARTMENT AT NIGHT CAN BE CLASSED AS RESPONSIBLE IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM BEATS ME !!!!!!
Last edited by Reperioverum on Fri May 30, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reperioverum
On Parole

Postby Chox » Fri May 30, 2008 4:13 pm

listening to old jon gaunt interview with clarence.

he just said, and i quote,

"nobody regrets more that they le - that they were not with her at the moment she was taken than...."

WHY are they not allowed to say they regret they left her?

here is why:

bc that is NOT well within the bounds.
Chox
Been Cautioned

Postby pennylane » Fri May 30, 2008 4:15 pm

They have since changed the word "responsible" to "reasonable". So in all fairness they have lowered themselves in their own esteems :roll:
pennylane
Been Cautioned

Postby Impartial » Fri May 30, 2008 4:17 pm

well responsible can mean 2 things, reasonable only 1

;)
All my posts are based on the fact that Kate and Gerry were made arguidos - on suspicion of concealment of the corpse and simulation of the crime of abduction (JdN)
Impartial
Hardened Criminal

Postby Fen Scout » Fri May 30, 2008 4:19 pm

I'd like the NAME and contact details of the person that told them that they behaved within the realms of either responsible or reasonable parenting ....... whoever they are should be struck off from whatever organisation they are members of.
Fen Scout
Suspect

Postby somthinfishie » Fri May 30, 2008 4:20 pm

I always mentally change the phrase to "well within the bounds of reprehensible parenting".Am sure that as someone said the other day,KM assured GM and GM assured KM~~fishie
we have to speculate about the situation Madeleine finds herself (in).

Gerry McCanns blog day 184.

http://www.mccannfiles.com
somthinfishie
On Parole

Postby Sprite » Fri May 30, 2008 4:21 pm

Spartacus wrote:How would the events of that night be quantified then ( legally ) ?

It seems what the McCanns did wasn't just OK, it was better than OK

By all accounts leaving three children under the age of four, alone in an unlocked apartment, going off for a meal and drinks 50 metres away ( out of vision of the apartment ), and checking every half hour, is considered 'well' within the bounds of responsible parenting

So what could they have got away with to be merely 'within' the bounds of responsible parenting ... rather than 'well' within it ?

And what more exactly would they have to have done that night for it to be 'outside' responsible parenting ?

... just wondering how this, within, well within, outside, spectrum of responsible parenting is being determined in Madeleine's case

At the end of the day it really doesnt matter what the Mccanns think, or what their lawyers think, or even what you or I think.

What matters is what the Portuguese Judiciary think.

Can anyone honestly see the Portuguese Court, and people for that matter, endorsing the McCanns standard of 'reasonable/responsible parenting'?

It would be the equivalent of Portugal saying "Come here for your holidays - its ok to leave your toddlers alone in an unlocked apartment and go out for dinner !! "
Sprite
New In Town

Postby Spartacus » Fri May 30, 2008 4:21 pm

pennylane wrote:They have since changed the word "responsible" to "reasonable". So in all fairness they have lowered themselves in their own esteems :roll:

They've gone further than that even pennylane

In August, Gerry said in one of the American TV interviews he did :

"We have been assured by the authorities that what we did fell within the boundaries of good parenting"

So they've gone from good, to responsible, to reasonable ... give it a few more months and they might finally admit their parenting is ******* useless !

( and notice how Gerry used the word 'authorities' rather than lawyers ? )
Spartacus
Been Cautioned

Postby Leaser » Fri May 30, 2008 4:22 pm

Impartial said "...well responsible can mean 2 things, reasonable only 1"

Yes, response... as in fire fighting .. ie response. Or perhaps response to someone complaining that the toddlers cry endlessly when left a lone and they are actually causing a nuisance and have to complain to MW to shut them up? :mrgreen:
Unfortunately democracy cannot function without a free press

I doubt we will see ...... Justice for Madeline
Leaser
On Parole

Postby cynical_tourist » Fri May 30, 2008 4:37 pm

"Well within the bounds of responsible parenting"

This is just the opinion of their lawyers and I have yet to hear any lawyer "defending" a client stating that what their client did was not reasonable or outwith the bounds of the law

My opinion is different...

These were two doctors who should be well versed in the pitfalls of lazy parenting
Any spell of training in A&E would make anyone aware of the "hidden dangers"

They were reckless and their actions endangered the safety of all three of their children

At the end of the day - I hope the Portuguese Justice system agrees more with me than with Team McLegal
cynical_tourist
First Time Offender

Postby Reperioverum » Fri May 30, 2008 4:40 pm

I am sure that they said in the beginning that they had left the door unlocked in case of fire. This indicates that they had done a "risk assessment" so HAD thought about potential dangers. What did they expect Madeleine to do, get the twins to form an orderly queue and move them swiftly to safety??? SHE WAS THREE FGS :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Reperioverum
On Parole

Postby Weary » Fri May 30, 2008 4:45 pm

They think that if they say something often enough it becomes true. Their parenting is reasonable! Reasonable! Reasonable! Reasonable, do you hear me?? There, that makes it so.
Weary
You're Nicked

Next

Return to Justice for Madeleine