Nobody expects a child to be abducted...

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

Nobody expects a child to be abducted...

Postby Hugh Jarse » Fri May 30, 2008 2:15 pm

...but they say they left the french windows open in case there was a fire.

Selective disaster scenario planning.
Hugh Jarse
Suspect

Re: Nobody expects a child to be abducted...

Postby ellibean » Fri May 30, 2008 2:33 pm

And what eactly did they expect the babies to do if there was a fire? Was Madeleine supposed to have lifted the twins out of their cots and directed the evacuation? Or maybe she had been told that the door was unlocked and if there was a fire, to shout for mummy and daddy as loud as she could? There's a chance they might have heard her, had they been sitting outside!
Gerry's blog 28th Sept....It has been another busy week for Kate and I. Sean and Amelie have settled back into nursery, almost as if they have never been away.
ellibean
Local Lag

Postby KatieJordanPricePHD » Fri May 30, 2008 2:53 pm

Exactly Ellibean.

Actually, I would fear my child being abducted as one of the numerous dangers of leaving them to the mercies of the world. they get abducted in cars (used by thieves as a get away car) and allsorts.
What's the point...ir..irm...you know...of go'n over thir like...when we can sit here go'n through the boxes and look'n at the labels we made...an like...ir...irm...you know like. I've gorra lorra shrugg'n an stuff to do av'n I...ay...ay...ay?
KatieJordanPricePHD
Been Cautioned

Postby Hugh Jarse » Fri May 30, 2008 2:57 pm

They considered FIRE but not ABDUCTION. Strange.
Hugh Jarse
Suspect

Postby belladonna » Fri May 30, 2008 2:59 pm

Especially after having the feeling of being watched and followed.
belladonna
New In Town

Postby ophelia » Fri May 30, 2008 3:08 pm

belladonna wrote:Especially after having the feeling of being watched and followed.

...after the event
ophelia
You're Nicked

Postby zowie » Fri May 30, 2008 3:14 pm

But everything the McCanns did that week (all together now) was (legally) well within the bounds of responsible parenting.
Mitchell, this line is NOT working. I don't know what you will come up with next, but i for one am very curious.
zowie
On Parole

Postby Velma » Fri May 30, 2008 3:15 pm

ellibean wrote:Was Madeleine supposed to have lifted the twins out of their cots and directed the evacuation?

Kate said Maddy liked to play mummy to the twins, maybe that's why they left her in charge.

Sounds like she was more responsible than her parents!
Velma
You're Nicked

Postby notdeadfred » Fri May 30, 2008 3:23 pm

Velma wrote:
ellibean wrote:Was Madeleine supposed to have lifted the twins out of their cots and directed the evacuation?

Kate said Maddy liked to play mummy to the twins, maybe that's why they left her in charge.

Sounds like she was more responsible than her parents!

As she was so grown up and responsible and mature for her age, perhaps she eloped with one of the waiters? :lol: Made a run for it.
It was our holiday too
notdeadfred
On Parole

Postby lioned » Fri May 30, 2008 3:27 pm

I suspect 'they' were more concerned for their personal valuables like laptop,mobile phones,watches,kateys jewellery etc etc,which is why i think the doors were locked.Obviously the kids do not count as valuables !!
lioned
Local Lag

Postby frencheuropean » Fri May 30, 2008 3:35 pm

In the first version, given by phone to the family in England, the door was locked et the shutters jemmied. IMO, if they changed the version after it's because it was proved that it was not possible to open the shutters from outside, so with a locked door and intact shutters no abductor. And to justify this incredible behaviour they invented a potential fire. But I believe that the door was really locked for a simple reason : they didn't want someone, may be an employe of the ressort enter the room to discover that Maddy was not in her bed before the great show . It would have ruined their plan.
frencheuropean
First Time Offender

Postby Babylistener » Fri May 30, 2008 3:44 pm

They say it felt so safe, they didn't even have to think about whether they could leave them or not. That in itself is scary, if they didn't even think about their children's safety especially if they left them on their own in a dark room. Apart from an abductor there could have been petty thieves or burglars hanging around to turn over any apartment they could get into. An abductor isn't going to stand outside the aparment with a neon light :cyclopsani: so you would know he was there any more than any other dangers that could could have happend to the children.
Babylistener
New In Town

Postby notdeadfred » Fri May 30, 2008 3:49 pm

lioned wrote:I suspect 'they' were more concerned for their personal valuables like laptop,mobile phones,watches,kateys jewellery etc etc,which is why i think the doors were locked.Obviously the kids do not count as valuables !!

They were locked in the safe in the Ocean Club :( Just the kiddies left alone in the unlocked apartment
It was our holiday too
notdeadfred
On Parole

Postby BrainFreeze » Fri May 30, 2008 3:52 pm

Did they really say they left the doors open in case of fire? Jeesh - and if the twins and Maddie were supposedly such 'deep sleepers' would they not have died of smoke inhalation regardless of the doors being unlocked - or would they have died of smoke inhalation in the time that it took the parents to get back to the apartment - after all, it's not like they were dining in the back garden now is it? :wink:
BrainFreeze
New In Town

Postby jjp » Fri May 30, 2008 3:56 pm

Everyone on holiday thinks about the possible loss of their passport. It is a constant worry for many.

Are we to presume that they did not consider that an intruder could enter the apartment at all through these, allegedly open, patio doors?

Did they not consider that their passports and watches and mobile phones might get stolen? If not - they are total idiots.

The biggest threat to the children in an apartment with unlocked patio windows was not fire but a potential intruder/robber and the alarm their presence would have created for him and his presence for them.

ANYONE WHO, ON HOLIDAY, LEAVES THEIR VALUABLE POSSESSIONS IN A UNLOCKED APARTMENT IS AN IDIOT.
jjp
First Time Offender

Next

Return to Justice for Madeleine