Babysitter dismissed

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

Babysitter dismissed

Postby fedupwaiting » Fri May 30, 2008 12:46 pm

If reports are correct and the McCanns did indeed cancel the baybsitter provided by Mark Warner Resorts on the 3rd May. How can they then claim what they did was responsible parenting as a way to avoid neglect charges. The reason the resort gave them the baybsitter in the first place was because of complaints the previous night about the children crying.
fedupwaiting
Suspect

Re: Babysitter dismissed

Postby mrsgaz » Fri May 30, 2008 12:48 pm

Agree - but do not think there is anything official to state that they cancelled a babysitter. Happy to stand corrected if there are...
mrsgaz
Suspect

Postby diddy » Fri May 30, 2008 12:52 pm

fedupwaiting wrote:If reports are correct and the McCanns did indeed cancel the baybsitter provided by Mark Warner Resorts on the 3rd May. How can they then claim what they did was responsible parenting as a way to avoid neglect charges. The reason the resort gave them the baybsitter in the first place was because of complaints the previous night about the children crying.

The implication here is free babysitting?
Why would you ever refuse that?
And who pays the babysitter?
MW?
The charade must go on.
diddy
On Parole

Postby KazLux » Fri May 30, 2008 12:53 pm

http://www.terra.com.pe/noticias/articu ... 934149.htm

La directora de servicios t├®cnicos del resort Ocean Club, Silvia Batista, afirm├│ que la misma noche en que Madeleine desapareci├│, ella en persona le ofreci├│ el servicio de cuidado de ni├▒os "porque el hotel es responsable por los hijos de los clientes, pero ellos lo rechazaron"

Translation:

The director of the Ocean Club's technical services, Silvia Batista, confirmed that on the same night Madeleine disappeared, she in person offered them the babysitting service, because the hotel is responsible for its guests, but they rejected her offer.
Pê jó-ta! Pê jó-ta!
KazLux
On Parole

Postby Flashing Balde » Fri May 30, 2008 1:21 pm

fedupwaiting wrote:If reports are correct and the McCanns did indeed cancel the baybsitter provided by Mark Warner Resorts on the 3rd May. How can they then claim what they did was responsible parenting as a way to avoid neglect charges. The reason the resort gave them the baybsitter in the first place was because of complaints the previous night about the children crying.

Mark Warner have never offered any baby sitting or baby listening services on any of their resorts. So the reports are incorrect. End of story.
No one will ever face justice for the murder of Madeleine McCann
Flashing Balde
Suspect

Postby diddy » Fri May 30, 2008 1:27 pm

Flashing Balde wrote:

Mark Warner have never offered any baby sitting or baby listening services on any of their resorts. So the reports are incorrect. End of story.

Babysitting is offered, but you pay.
It'll be the creche wokers trying to bolster their wages.
I don't think a babysitter was cancelled, I think the Mccs were reminded they were available.
The charade must go on.
diddy
On Parole

Postby pakeha2007 » Fri May 30, 2008 1:38 pm

An interesting thread.
So either Silvia Batista is a liar, she has been misquoted or she says nothing more because she's a witness for the prosecution?
In which of those morning tv sofa marathons did dr McCann tell us they didn't take the kiddies with them to dine because there were no babylistening facilities offered by the OC?
Or was it in the ITV programme?
In any case, it seemed a pretty lame sort of excuse to leave your kiddies alone at night in a groundfloor flat in a foreign country. So foreign that the Tapas 9 didn't know the emergency police number and one of them hd to go to the reception desk to find it out.
Do the grandparents of Madeleine really go along with this sort of reasoning?

KazLux wrote:http://www.terra.com.pe/noticias/articulo/html/act934149.htm

La directora de servicios t├®cnicos del resort Ocean Club, Silvia Batista, afirm├│ que la misma noche en que Madeleine desapareci├│, ella en persona le ofreci├│ el servicio de cuidado de ni├▒os "porque el hotel es responsable por los hijos de los clientes, pero ellos lo rechazaron"

Translation:

The director of the Ocean Club's technical services, Silvia Batista, confirmed that on the same night Madeleine disappeared, she in person offered them the babysitting service, because the hotel is responsible for its guests, but they rejected her offer.
pakeha2007
First Time Offender

Postby diddy » Fri May 30, 2008 2:10 pm

It says she offered them the babysitting service.
I take that as meaning merely that she reminded them that babysitters were available.
Not that one was booked and cancelled or offered for free or anything like that.
The charade must go on.
diddy
On Parole

Postby RstJ » Fri May 30, 2008 2:24 pm

Flashing Balde wrote:

This isn't a report. This is a direct quotation attributed to a named director at a Mark Warner resort. Babysitting services are mentioned by O'Donnell, and numerous others who have gone to that resort. It's not free, but it does exist. So if this is made up, it's a rather pervasive myth.

RstJ
RstJ
Suspect

Postby Flashing Balde » Fri May 30, 2008 2:26 pm

diddy wrote:
Flashing Balde wrote:

I don't think a babysitter was cancelled, I think the Mccs were reminded they were available.

Now that is interesting because they have changed their policy then. Warner did have a press release where they said that non of the resorts offer any baby services and the McCanns would have been told this prior to them departing.
No one will ever face justice for the murder of Madeleine McCann
Flashing Balde
Suspect

Postby KazLux » Fri May 30, 2008 2:29 pm

http://www.zymboo.com/noticia/ultimas/i ... onal/6093/

Como funciona esse serviço no resort?
Resp:O h├│spede deve pedir pelo telefone e as garotas (meninas inglesas) v├úo at├® o quarto para cuidar das crian├ºas. ├ë gratuito e est├í inclu├¡do no pacote de f├®rias, assim como as recrea├º├Áes diurnas. Mas os McCann n├úo pediram esse servi├ºo.

How does this service (babysitting) work in the resort?
Answer (Sylvia Batista): The guest has to make the request by phone and the babysitters (English girls) go to the room to look after the children. This is free and is included in the holiday package, as is the daily recreation. But the McCanns did not request this service.
Pê jó-ta! Pê jó-ta!
KazLux
On Parole

Postby DaughtersofEriN » Fri May 30, 2008 2:33 pm

Of course the Muccs didn't take up Batistas' offer-didn't the article state they were offered the sitter on the day she disappeared
In other words, they wouldn't have needed her as ,well, Madeleine wasn't there was she?!!

(I'm one of the May 2nd camp)!
YOU CANNOT SEARCH FOR THAT WHICH IS NOT LOST.
DaughtersofEriN
New In Town

Postby Mercedes » Fri May 30, 2008 2:35 pm

May I remember you all this post?

Vera

The McCann's were at Chaplin's. I do know that for sure because me, my daughter and granddaughter were there at the time. I didn't see the McCann's being asked to return to see to their child because we left fairly early as my granddaughter was tired.

I did overhear some of the MW staff talking about this fact the next morning who were chatting amongst themselves as I was in the reception area waiting for my daughter and granddaughter to meet me there, that was the same day that Madeleine went missing.

Their opinion of the parents attitude of leaving their children alone each night wasn't exactly flattering and according to them, that's why MW's offered them a babysitter for free for the night of the 3rd of May. I don't deliberately listen to other people's conversations but if you are standing round waiting for someone you can't block out what you hear people talking about.

I also overheard a woman telling the police on one of the following days about a child was crying for a long time as I was standing fairly close by, but I didn't know that she was talking about Madeleine at the time.

http://3as.madeleinemccann.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 61&start=0
Mercedes
New In Town

Postby coral » Fri May 30, 2008 2:37 pm

Flashing Balde wrote:
diddy wrote:
Flashing Balde wrote:

Now that is interesting because they have changed their policy then. Warner did have a press release where they said that non of the resorts offer any baby services and the McCanns would have been told this prior to them departing.

No what I think this refers to is that the MW resorts offered the baby listening service (where a member of staff listens at the door of the apartments) at its resorts, except for the Ocean Club because it is too spaced out and this is what the McCanns were told in advance. There was however the creche and the baby sitting service.
coral
Local Lag

Postby mercedes2 » Fri May 30, 2008 2:37 pm

Flashing Balde, It was the baby LISTENING service that wasn't available.
mercedes2
Local Lag

Next

Return to Justice for Madeleine