JON GAUNT - Open letter to McCanns

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

Re: JON GAUNT - Open letter to McCanns

Postby Hugh Jarse » Fri May 30, 2008 2:55 pm

JillyComeLately wrote:Jon Gaunt is wholly endorsing the abduction story at the same time.

Completely, but apparently he is "playing to the masses" :roll:
Hugh Jarse
Suspect

Postby jjp » Fri May 30, 2008 2:56 pm

JillyComeLately wrote:
jjp wrote:
JillyComeLately wrote:
jjp wrote:

The purpose of this column was not to debate the events of the night of May 3rd.

It was to sway public opinion with regard to the McCanns.

The abduction phrase will not even be noticed by the majority of readers.

What this article achieves is to make people think that the McCanns are unwilling to do the right thing for their daughter. They won't even go to Portugal to help the Police find her. That was it's purpose and I believe that it will clearly achieve that aim.

People will be sickened that unlike JG, himself a father of little girls and who would do anything for them, the McCanns won't do what the Police want them to do for their little girl.

His aim to sully the reputation of the McCanns will be achieved.

And I couldn't disagree more with you jjp. roisin has put it much more clearly than I can because you clearly totally missed the point of my last post.

I am sorry - I don't think the public are interested in the details of the case at all.

They will take only one impression from this column and that is that the McCanns were wrong.

Too many people are arguing as if this column was a post in this forum.

It was not - it was an article for the masses who know very little about the case except that these saintly parents had their child stolen from them and that they are doing everything in their power to find her. Gaunt clearly exposes that myth and challenges them to do something positive. He knows as well as we do that they cannot now do the decent thing. The public don't = and will expect them to return. They won't return so their reputation is sullied. That is the point of the article and it will achieve its aim.

While perfectly valid and well-written Roisin's post is full of the complexities of the case which are meaningless to the general public - they know and care nothing about them. This article was written for the general public and they do care that the parents haven't done the right thing by their daughter. He has written the right article for his audience.

Jon Gaunt is wholly endorsing the abduction story at the same time.

Covering his back for his own and his bosses' financial and legal reasons I suspect.

Actually he never uses the word abduction - merely disappearance.

Nonetheless - the clear purpose of the article - to sully the reputation is achieved. He even gives them a get out clause which he knows they cannot use "to defeat these people". Good stirring phrase that the masses will appreciate. But pointless as he knows the outcome of the battle.
jjp
First Time Offender

Postby jjp » Fri May 30, 2008 2:57 pm

Hugh Jarse wrote:
JillyComeLately wrote:Jon Gaunt is wholly endorsing the abduction story at the same time.

Indeed he is - that is his role as a "shock jock" on the radio and as a columnist in the newspaper. I am glad that you at last appear to understand that role.
jjp
First Time Offender

Postby JillyComeLately » Fri May 30, 2008 3:02 pm

jjp wrote:
Hugh Jarse wrote:

Indeed he is - that is his role as a "shock jock" on the radio and as a columnist in the newspaper. I am glad that you at last appear to understand that role.

:?:

I see your argument and this argument as mutually exclusive.
"It is a fact that in the right formation, the lifting power of many wings can achieve twice the distance of any bird flying alone."
JillyComeLately
Mafia Boss

Postby jjp » Fri May 30, 2008 3:05 pm

JillyComeLately wrote:
jjp wrote:
Hugh Jarse wrote:

:?:

I see your argument and this argument as mutually exclusive.

A columnist plays to and against the masses all the time in order to increase circulation. It is the nature of the role.
jjp
First Time Offender

Postby Chox » Fri May 30, 2008 3:07 pm

is there no pleasing you people?

average mental age of sun reader is 6?

nonsense.

this clearly slams the mccanns, and rightly so.

now if you keep tearing it apart, they may use your own words against him in a court of law.
Chox
Been Cautioned

Postby ShuBob » Fri May 30, 2008 3:10 pm

jjp, I believe you are spot on in your interpretation of JG'S article!
Carlos Anjos on Clarence Mitchell: "He lies with as many teeth as he has in his mouth."

My name is Isabelle and I have a Teapot
ShuBob
Hardened Criminal

Postby muratslawyer » Fri May 30, 2008 3:20 pm

I cant understand what you all want JG to say ..within the parameters of libel laws .. He's the only journalist to actually stand up and question the " pink facts" only journalist to give people like us a platform to criticise the McCanns .. only journalist to have a column almost daily giving the masses something to think about and use their loaf .. you cant expect him to put his job on line ..He's gone miles further than anyone in UK media to show inconsistencies in the "story" only journalist to categorically state it was neglect and not responsible parenting .. only journalist to bring in experts to pick faults in the McSpin ..FFS give him a break .. the readership of the sun aren't rocket scientists ..all the have heard from him daily is there is something fishy here .. that's all they will read in it ..do you actually want him to say hey peeps K&G killed Maddie ? Sorry.. Give credit where its due .. he has more b@lls than the whole UK media put together ..If this was Clarrie McSpin why is Clarrie too scared to come on his show?
Cadaver dogs can't tell lies
Justice for maddie
muratslawyer
Suspect

Postby Velma » Fri May 30, 2008 3:22 pm

He's covering his as* incase they get off...
Velma
You're Nicked

Postby ponky » Fri May 30, 2008 3:30 pm

muratslawyer wrote:I cant understand what you all want JG to say ..within the parameters of libel laws .. He's the only journalist to actually stand up and question the " pink facts" only journalist to give people like us a platform to criticise the McCanns .. only journalist to have a column almost daily giving the masses something to think about and use their loaf .. you cant expect him to put his job on line ..He's gone miles further than anyone in UK media to show inconsistencies in the "story" only journalist to categorically state it was neglect and not responsible parenting .. only journalist to bring in experts to pick faults in the McSpin ..FFS give him a break .. the readership of the sun aren't rocket scientists ..all the have heard from him daily is there is something fishy here .. that's all they will read in it ..do you actually want him to say hey peeps K&G killed Maddie ? Sorry.. Give credit where its due .. he has more b@lls than the whole UK media put together ..If this was Clarrie McSpin why is Clarrie too scared to come on his show?

BRAVO :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
ponky
First Time Offender

Postby ferret » Fri May 30, 2008 3:52 pm

He did also make Ealmon Holmes nearly fall off his stool and have a heart attack when live on Sky TV

he said -

They are responsible for Madeleines disappearance, they are guilty of negligence if they werent she would still be here now

Ealmons reply Was - you cant say that.

This was whilst reviewing the papers one morning.
ferret
First Time Offender

Postby muratslawyer » Fri May 30, 2008 3:58 pm

ferret wrote:He did also make Ealmon Holmes nearly fall off his stool and have a heart attack when live on Sky TV

he said -

They are responsible for Madeleines disappearance, they are guilty of negligence if they werent she would still be here now

I remember that
and his response to Eamon was "well i said it" then he bumbled something like "they can sue me too"
Last edited by muratslawyer on Fri May 30, 2008 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cadaver dogs can't tell lies
Justice for maddie
muratslawyer
Suspect

Postby notdeadfred » Fri May 30, 2008 3:58 pm

ferret wrote:He did also make Ealmon Holmes nearly fall off his stool and have a heart attack when live on Sky TV

he said -

Yes, he did I remember that interview, Eamon chipped in with it was all the fault of the Portuguese Police, and Gaunty asked why, when the cadaver dogs were British and the DNA was analised in the u.k. too. EH just shuffled on his chair and said nothing.
It was our holiday too
notdeadfred
On Parole

Postby JillyComeLately » Fri May 30, 2008 4:00 pm

ponky wrote:
muratslawyer wrote:I cant understand what you all want JG to say ..within the parameters of libel laws .. He's the only journalist to actually stand up and question the " pink facts" only journalist to give people like us a platform to criticise the McCanns .. only journalist to have a column almost daily giving the masses something to think about and use their loaf .. you cant expect him to put his job on line ..He's gone miles further than anyone in UK media to show inconsistencies in the "story" only journalist to categorically state it was neglect and not responsible parenting .. only journalist to bring in experts to pick faults in the McSpin ..FFS give him a break .. the readership of the sun aren't rocket scientists ..all the have heard from him daily is there is something fishy here .. that's all they will read in it ..do you actually want him to say hey peeps K&G killed Maddie ? Sorry.. Give credit where its due .. he has more b@lls than the whole UK media put together ..If this was Clarrie McSpin why is Clarrie too scared to come on his show?

No, I don't expect Gaunt to come out and say the McCanns killed Madeleine but I also DON'T expect him to say he doesn't believe they did (emphatically says it and repeats it) still pushing the abduction nonsense for posters here to misinterpret it (IMO) as meaning the opposite to what he's actually saying.

If you get my drift...
"It is a fact that in the right formation, the lifting power of many wings can achieve twice the distance of any bird flying alone."
JillyComeLately
Mafia Boss

Postby ferret » Fri May 30, 2008 4:05 pm

JillyComeLately wrote:
ponky wrote:

No, I don't expect Gaunt to come out and say the McCanns killed Madeleine but I also DON'T expect him to say he doesn't believe they did (emphatically says it and repeats it) still pushing the abduction nonsense for posters here to misinterpret it (IMO) as meaning the opposite to what he's actually saying.

If you get my drift...

Yes I can fully understand the point being made - but Think the article may have been edited slightly to cover the Suns backside
ferret
First Time Offender

PreviousNext

Return to Justice for Madeleine