Is Chaplins ever going to surface in the media

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

Re: Is Chaplins ever going to surface in the media

Postby DCB » Fri May 30, 2008 12:01 pm

tylersmum wrote:It was reported in the Express who gave the date as May 1st .

Then I stand corrected - the article has probably been deleted by now.
On Saturday we asked the Portuguese police if they had any objection to us coming back to the UK. We had assured them that we will continue to cooperate fully with the investigation and of course will return as requested and for our own emotional reasons.
DCB
Been Cautioned

Postby ann_chovey » Fri May 30, 2008 12:03 pm

Beattie wrote:Actually, I believe it was 1st May that Mrs Fenn heard Madeleine crying, according to reports.

If this is true, presumably the crying stopped and Madeleine fell asleep before her Parents
returned. That would explain the breakfast conversation "Mummy, why didn"t you come when
I cried".............yet the Parents still went out that night!!!!!!!! :roll: :roll:

I think Martin Brunt suggested Mrs fenn heard the crying two nights before the "disappearance" which would make it the 1st May. They didn't learn did they?
ann_chovey
First Time Offender

Postby analogy » Fri May 30, 2008 12:13 pm

Just recently, a woman with a business in PDL was interviewed re the McCann effect. Her husband works at Chaplins and she dropped into the conversation about them going there as if was common knowledge. I am trying to remember who's article it was but it was a good one.

I'm sure it was also in the big Sol article. the one where they spoke to waiters and Mrs Fenn.
analogy
Local Lag

Postby IRONSIDE » Fri May 30, 2008 12:24 pm

There was an under cover team ,who went from Antena 3...I have asked mercedes if she can find any footage as she is in touch with Antena 3..She has not come back to me yet...The reporter with a hidden camera interviewed the priest.locals , the waiter who served the mccanns and mrs Fenns Hairdresser,who said that on the 1st Mrs Fenn reported the crying from app 5a...to MW ,not just her but others as well,Someone had to be sent to Chaplins to go and fetch the mccanns..The crying was from 10.30 until ...11.45..This lady also said that Mrs fenn spoke to kate the following day.Kate told her it would not happen again....mercedes is really doing her best to help and find this footage
IRONSIDE
Mafia Boss

Postby analogy » Fri May 30, 2008 12:27 pm

Carol Hunt,. The independant.

Many are suspicious of journalists and, though ready to chat, reluctant to give their names or anything else which can identify them.

Kelly's Irish Bar, three minutes' walk from the Mark Warner Complex where the McCanns stayed, is -- allegedly -- one of the places visited by Gerry and Kate McCann during their brief stay on the peninsula.

The manager, Mary, is a friendly native of Donegal who has lived in Portugal for the past 20 years. She describes how badly affected the town -- which relies on tourism -- was by Madeleine's disappearance.

"People just packed up and left. They cancelled their holidays and they will never come back. This was always considered to be a very, very safe place for children. I used to let my own boy -- now eight -- walk from here down the road to where his father worked at Chaplin's restaurant. Now, I'm terrified of letting him go anywhere on his own.

"Because there has been no conclusion, because nobody really knows what happened to Madeleine, people will continue to fear for their children. It's a dreadful situation for the town." Mary shares the incomprehension of the locals at the child-minding arrangements that the McCanns and their friends had in place.

"I bring my son everywhere," she tells me. "They could have brought their children with them to Chaplin's or wherever else they wanted to go. Or, even if they didn't want to use the complex's babysitting service, why on earth didn't they just do what you or I would do? Which is take turns minding them.

"People here just don't understand. It's a complete mystery to us."
analogy
Local Lag

Postby veritas » Fri May 30, 2008 1:39 pm

analogy wrote:Just recently, a woman with a business in PDL was interviewed re the McCann effect. Her husband works at Chaplins and she dropped into the conversation about them going there as if was common knowledge. I am trying to remember who's article it was but it was a good one.

I'm sure it was also in the big Sol article. the one where they spoke to waiters and Mrs Fenn.

The full article is on page 1 of this thread.

He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.
veritas
Suspect

Postby DCB » Fri May 30, 2008 1:52 pm

"I bring my son everywhere," she tells me. "They could have brought their children with them to Chaplin's or wherever else they wanted to go. Or, even if they didn't want to use the complex's babysitting service, why on earth didn't they just do what you or I would do? Which is take turns minding them.

I'm not convinced that this is evidence that they went to Chaplins. If one (or possibly 2) papers could report it - why didn't the rest - they get the information from the same place.
On Saturday we asked the Portuguese police if they had any objection to us coming back to the UK. We had assured them that we will continue to cooperate fully with the investigation and of course will return as requested and for our own emotional reasons.
DCB
Been Cautioned

Postby beachy » Fri May 30, 2008 2:06 pm

Whether it ever surfaces in the media or not, if the tapas 9 were at Chaplin's, the PJ will doubtless know it, and it would play a significant part in charges of neglect/abandonment, I should think. Chaplins is far enough away that I doubt they would have attempted the back-and-forth "checking."
beachy
Hardened Criminal

Postby veritas » Fri May 30, 2008 2:21 pm

I think they will say that they were not ALL at Chaplins. Remember the Madeleine crying "leak"...

Mr Mitchell described Madeleine's words as a "short aside".

He said: "Madeleine came out and said, 'Why didn't you come to me and Sean [Madeleine's younger brother] when we were crying last night?'

"Now, Kate and Gerry were puzzled by that because they'd been checking her every half an hour and they had seen no evidence and heard no evidence that she was crying.

"Nor was she disturbed when she was checked each time.

"Equally, one of the friends, Rachael Oldfield, was in the apartment next door in a bedroom adjacent to the wall where Madeleine was in her bedroom and she heard no crying at all all night."

He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.
veritas
Suspect

Postby IRONSIDE » Fri May 30, 2008 4:00 pm

I asked Seymour a question.He said he spent sometime in PDL...The question being 'could you see the church. ?His reply, yes it was hard to miss..

If to be believed Mccann asked where was the church, a week in PDL and he did not know where the church was???

If you go to the site of "PAMALAM" there you will find photos by Ellibean...click on to church...Look to the right of the church....nestled right next door you will see CHAPLINS...

Mccann was already distancing himself from Chaplins,by not saying he knew where the church was situated.

Mccann never does or says anything without a reason...
IRONSIDE
Mafia Boss

Postby TimH » Fri May 30, 2008 4:22 pm

There will have been witnesses to their having been at Chaplins. One, Velma, if I recall her name correctly, has already had her posts about this very issue re-posted here.

If she was really there, she gave a statement to the PJ.

Gerry has been very free to tell stories that have disintegrated upon examination. The same goes for Clarrie, of no watch/no cells fame. You have to wonder if Gerry honestly expected that no one would ever question their word on anything, and would swallow every statement they made simply because they said it.

They act as if they and their group were the only people at the resort or that fellow tourist and staff will simply back them up because they feel the McCann's "pain".

Unbelievable, these people.
TimH
Been Cautioned

Previous

Return to Justice for Madeleine