Would any of the Tapas 7 be in receipt of State Benefit?

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

Re: Would any of the Tapas 7 be in receipt of State Benefit?

Postby Tigger » Fri May 30, 2008 1:19 pm

:oops: apologies maybe 'perks' was not the right term to use. I used it because I have a friend who works in DSS and she says that a benefit is not just financial it is a 'passport' to other benefits or allowances which they refer to as perks! Again my apologies.

I guess I was referring to any legal aid that can be claimed. As I understand a single person on Incapacity Benefit also has a 25% Council Tax liability due from the excess amount over £59. So they would in this example pay 50p per week. But I AM here to ask questions as I am no expert :wink:
Without prejudice. All posts are opinion based unless backed by a link or quote.

When everything depends on just one tiny lie, we forget that in order to correct one lie, seven others have to be told.
- Shevat Yehudah
Tigger
Local Lag

Postby kerry » Fri May 30, 2008 1:32 pm

To qualify for incapacity benefit you must be incapable of working , it doesn't count that you have a job that you are away from whilst sick such as Russell O'Brien. Unless he has left work he won't be entitled to incapacity benefit. Unless they're both unemployed and claiming job seekers allowance and have little savings they won't be entitled to a reduction in their council tax or free prescriptions or anything else, except possibly legal aid. They will be in receipt of child allowance and maybe they have mortgage protection which may pay out for a time. He'll have been on full pay for 6 months and then half pay for a further 6 months.I don't know what Jane Tanner does. She may be back at work for all we know and so may Russell O'Brien.
Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freedom of speech: - Benjamin Franklin
kerry
Been Cautioned

Postby Photon » Fri May 30, 2008 2:01 pm

kerry wrote:To qualify for incapacity benefit you must be incapable of working , it doesn't count that you have a job that you are away from whilst sick such as Russell O'Brien. Unless he has left work he won't be entitled to incapacity benefit. Unless they're both unemployed and claiming job seekers allowance and have little savings they won't be entitled to a reduction in their council tax or free prescriptions or anything else, except possibly legal aid. They will be in receipt of child allowance and maybe they have mortgage protection which may pay out for a time. He'll have been on full pay for 6 months and then half pay for a further 6 months.I don't know what Jane Tanner does. She may be back at work for all we know and so may Russell O'Brien.

Jane Tanner is a marketing executive - but I don't know if she is employed, self-employed or unemployed. She obtained her medical degree from New South Wales University in 2003, obtained provisional registration with GMC in December of that year but has never obtained full registration and is now down as relinquishing registration. I don't know what her situation would be regarding social security payments.
Truth always seems stranger than fiction, somehow!

Soon, very soon the world will know the "Truth about the Lie" and "we will gain truth and justice for a little girl who has no voice", dead on the evening of May 3rd
Photon
On Parole

Postby poppy » Fri May 30, 2008 2:24 pm

Tigger,
the Community Legal Services (CLS) website, will answer your question to entitlement to legal aid.

I think you will find they are not.
poppy
Suspect

Postby Tigger » Fri May 30, 2008 2:49 pm

Thank you poppy and thanks everyone else :) . So now that begs the question: Have any of the TAPAS 7 had to chuck in their jobs permanently as a result of a holiday that went badly badly wrong?
Without prejudice. All posts are opinion based unless backed by a link or quote.

When everything depends on just one tiny lie, we forget that in order to correct one lie, seven others have to be told.
- Shevat Yehudah
Tigger
Local Lag

Postby kerry » Fri May 30, 2008 3:45 pm

Tigger, the fact is we know nothing whatsoever about any of the Tapas 7's lives at the moment and precious little about them at all. There is a blanket of silence in the media, no doorstepping by journalists, no family or friends willing to defend them or praise them, no enemies queuing up to stick the knife in, no old schoolfriends with little anecdotes, no neighbours or tradespeople with opinions on the case. Not only in the media either, there is a strange dearth of posts from ordinary people who just know them and could post on a forum such as this.
Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freedom of speech: - Benjamin Franklin
kerry
Been Cautioned

Postby Tigger » Fri May 30, 2008 4:24 pm

kerry wrote:Tigger, the fact is we know nothing whatsoever about any of the Tapas 7's lives at the moment and precious little about them at all. There is a blanket of silence in the media, no doorstepping by journalists, no family or friends willing to defend them or praise them, no enemies queuing up to stick the knife in, no old schoolfriends with little anecdotes, no neighbours or tradespeople with opinions on the case. Not only in the media either, there is a strange dearth of posts from ordinary people who just know them and could post on a forum such as this.

Yes kerry, you are right, it's almost like they never even exist, maybe they have vanished also? :shock: :wink: Or maybe they are just...............hiding? Wonder why? :wink:

- Shevat Yehudah
Tigger
Local Lag

Previous

Return to Justice for Madeleine