Why was Madeleine wearing sandals?

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

Re: Why was Madeleine wearing sandals?

Postby ActOneSceneOne » Fri May 30, 2008 3:01 pm

ActOneSceneOne wrote:
weissnicht wrote:
Flashing Balde wrote:
Stella by Starlight wrote:The day Madeleine left to go on holiday, she was wearing trainers.

Can anyone explain why a parent would then take a child out for a tennis lesson wearing flimsy sandals, when they had proper pair of trainers to wear? The tennis ball photo does not look like a tennis lesson to me..

Apologies if this has already been discussed, I have only just landed on this planet and still trying to find my moonboots.

If there is hope4me there is hope4you.....yep it is me

I don't think she was playing tennis, I doubt a three year old could accuratly hit a ball with a racket and get it over the net. I think it's far more sensible to conclude that she just went along with her parents to watch and perhaps collect the odd tennis ball.

The McCanns and Madeleine have a particular love of sports and the outdoors. Madeleine, who had recently started taking tennis lessons, also doted on her younger siblings.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/ar ... 09,00.html

Well, so says Philomena on CBS 48 Hours Mystery at 1:04mins into the programme, http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video ... rsOndemand ...while the Madeleine clutching tennis b*lls photo is shown. Have a look.

PS: And if anyone wants to contend that this is not suppoedly the photo of her "first tennis lesson [on 3rd May]", then please point us to the photo that captures that most memorable moment? There must be one, surely, IF it is not this!
ActOneSceneOne
New In Town

Postby pakeha2007 » Fri May 30, 2008 3:09 pm

Interesting thread.
Thanks for posting the link to the CBS show, ActOneSceneOne.
I notice no mention was made of Eddie and Keela.
Nor that the McCanns have admitted leaving the kiddies alone every night but the first on those hols.
I didn't know that according to Auntie Phil, Madeleine had a tennis lesson that day.
Or rather, that Auntie Phil was told that Madeleine had a a tennis lesson that day.
Any thoughts on how Auntie Phil will react when she finally understands the implications of the dogs' findings?
pakeha2007
First Time Offender

Postby margaret » Fri May 30, 2008 3:18 pm

pakeha2007 wrote: Any thoughts on how Auntie Phil will react when she finally understands the implications of the dogs' findings?

She'll eat them :P
A little light relief: Mary had a little lamb, she tied it to a pylon, 10,000 volts shot up its bum and turned its wool to nylon.
margaret
Local Lag

Postby Stella by Starlight » Fri May 30, 2008 3:20 pm

Flashing Balde wrote:Right ok, so they reckon a three year old was whacking tennis b*lls over a net with a childs racket ?

Utter bollocks. Possibly a five year old I would accept, but a three year old, no chance. Maybe the tennis lessons at that stage just involved watching Wimbledon highlights on the TV

Are you forgetting that the day this photo was supposedly taken, Madeleine was just 9 days away from being 4 years of age. My next door neighbour takes his son age 3 out with him to golf with a junior set of golf clubs and he knows what to do with them.
Stella by Starlight
New In Town

Postby diddy » Fri May 30, 2008 4:45 pm

But just because she had started lessons, doesn't mean this is a photo of a lesson for her.
Could be after one of G's.
So, if she was having lessons in UK, you'd expect the correct kit to be taken if she was to have lessons in PDL.
The charade must go on.
diddy
On Parole

Previous

Return to Justice for Madeleine