Why was Madeleine wearing sandals?

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

Why was Madeleine wearing sandals?

Postby Stella by Starlight » Fri May 30, 2008 10:46 am

The day Madeleine left to go on holiday, she was wearing trainers.

Can anyone explain why a parent would then take a child out for a tennis lesson wearing flimsy sandals, when they had proper pair of trainers to wear? The tennis ball photo does not look like a tennis lesson to me..

Apologies if this has already been discussed, I have only just landed on this planet and still trying to find my moonboots.

If there is hope4me there is hope4you.....yep it is me
Stella by Starlight
New In Town

Re: Why was Madeleine wearing sandals?

Postby RedFury » Fri May 30, 2008 10:49 am

I dont see anything wrong with that ---
RedFury
Suspect

Postby Stella by Starlight » Fri May 30, 2008 10:52 am

Redfury

Could you see Gerry taking a tennis lesson in his sandals?, of course not, he would be thinking of protecting his feet..He obviously did not care about Madeleine's feet.
Stella by Starlight
New In Town

Postby starlight » Fri May 30, 2008 10:56 am

Alarm bells
starlight
Suspect

Postby MalCat » Fri May 30, 2008 10:57 am

Tennis lessons for 3year olds can never be much more than just a bit of fun and running around. Understanding of rules, hand/eye co-ordination - they just aren't there with this age group. So there's no point in kitting up. Half an hour of tennis bats and chasing dribbled tennis b*lls is all it can be, even for the most competitive dad. And in any case very small children can get fixed ideas about all sorts of things, including footwear, so if there's no real need for, say, wellies, or trainers, you don't make an issue out of it, if you've got any sense. And where was Gerry on the afternoon of the 3rd? Some do say the tennis photo is suspect and maybe was taken in Donegal earlier in the year. I read it on this forum, so don't immediately discount the notion. So many little blonde girls in pink.
MalCat
Been Cautioned

Postby pink_panther » Fri May 30, 2008 10:58 am

Was M having tennis lessons? If not then was she attending Gerry's lesson?

If she was attending Gerry's lesson, it would be feasible to put her in sandals.
pink_panther
You're Nicked

Postby MalCat » Fri May 30, 2008 10:59 am

Tennis b-lls. Well, I never. Mrs. Grundy is alive and well and living in cyberspace.
MalCat
Been Cautioned

Postby ponky » Fri May 30, 2008 10:59 am

Hi Stella. These would be the sandals left at the foot of Madeleine's bed. Her mother said she wouldn't have left of her own accord without putting them on. :roll:
Oh and wer'nt they donated to Amelie later if I remember correctly. How crass is that?

A welcome bounce for you :bounce:
ponky
First Time Offender

Postby fagawi » Fri May 30, 2008 11:02 am

Stella by Starlight wrote:trainers.flimsy sandals, trainers moonboots.

....are you obsessed with feet ?
fagawi
New In Town

Postby margaret » Fri May 30, 2008 11:04 am

I thought she was just collecting b*lls from Gerrys lesson in that picture?

I understand what you mean but a 3 year old has their own ideas Maddie may have chosen to wear thse sandals l wouldn't read too much into it.

Welcome ot the boards :mrgreen:
A little light relief: Mary had a little lamb, she tied it to a pylon, 10,000 volts shot up its bum and turned its wool to nylon.
margaret
Local Lag

Postby RedFury » Fri May 30, 2008 11:11 am

Stella by Starlight wrote:Redfury

Could you see Gerry taking a tennis lesson in his sandals?, of course not, he would be thinking of protecting his feet..He obviously did not care about Madeleine's feet.

Stella, I understand what you're saying but I was thinking along the lines of MalCat - I was thinking that the tennis lesson would be more of a fun thing rather than a serious lesson ---
RedFury
Suspect

Postby weissnicht » Fri May 30, 2008 11:12 am

Stella by Starlight wrote:The day Madeleine left to go on holiday, she was wearing trainers.

Can anyone explain why a parent would then take a child out for a tennis lesson wearing flimsy sandals, when they had proper pair of trainers to wear? The tennis ball photo does not look like a tennis lesson to me..

Apologies if this has already been discussed, I have only just landed on this planet and still trying to find my moonboots.

Good thinking, it does not make sense :shock:
Even if it is just for fun, you should wear good shoes. A sport doctor should know.
And I think she would have wanted, because her daddy also had.
Last edited by weissnicht on Fri May 30, 2008 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
"We have not cooperated in any shape or form"
Clarence Mitchell
weissnicht
Mafia Boss

Postby Stella by Starlight » Fri May 30, 2008 11:14 am

Ponky & Margaret

Thank you both for the welcome.

Decent parents try to ensure their children are always wearing all the correct clothing especially for a sports activity I would have thought. It teaches them at an early age the importance of taking care of themselves.
Stella by Starlight
New In Town

Postby Flashing Balde » Fri May 30, 2008 11:15 am

Stella by Starlight wrote:The day Madeleine left to go on holiday, she was wearing trainers.

I don't think she was playing tennis, I doubt a three year old could accuratly hit a ball with a racket and get it over the net. I think it's far more sensible to conclude that she just went along with her parents to watch and perhaps collect the odd tennis ball.
No one will ever face justice for the murder of Madeleine McCann
Flashing Balde
Suspect

Postby HAPPYDOG » Fri May 30, 2008 11:24 am

I think she was just helping to pick up the b*lls I don't think there's anything sinister in that photo at all.
HAPPYDOG
XXXXX
HAPPYDOG
Local Lag

Next

Return to Justice for Madeleine