Clarence changes his mind

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

Clarence changes his mind

Postby DCB » Fri May 30, 2008 9:23 am

"It was made out to be the biggest 'conspiracy' since the Diana 'conspiracy,'" says Mitchell. "Some of the group (of friends in the tapas restaurant) had their watches on that night, and others didn't... asking nine people to give exact explanations of what happened at what moment during the evening was never going to produce matching stories; what would have been more suspicious was nine exactly co-ordinated accounts."

Some of them now had watches. He previously said none of them had.
On Saturday we asked the Portuguese police if they had any objection to us coming back to the UK. We had assured them that we will continue to cooperate fully with the investigation and of course will return as requested and for our own emotional reasons.
DCB
Been Cautioned

Re: Clarence changes his mind

Postby mickey1 » Fri May 30, 2008 9:26 am

Has he changed his mind about the phones too??
"Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense" [Winston Churchill]
mickey1
On Parole

Postby ShuBob » Fri May 30, 2008 9:27 am

Where's this from :shock:

I think it's time the clown is shut up for good :twisted:
Carlos Anjos on Clarence Mitchell: "He lies with as many teeth as he has in his mouth."

My name is Isabelle and I have a Teapot
ShuBob
Hardened Criminal

Postby maebee » Fri May 30, 2008 9:27 am

When did he say this dcb? Any link? This could be the first in a long line of statements to be amended.
maebee
You're Nicked

Postby clear » Fri May 30, 2008 9:28 am

He also said that none of them had mobile phones and then talked about gerry receiving a few messages on his but not the 18 alleged. :roll:
clear
You're Nicked

Postby Time To Tango » Fri May 30, 2008 9:34 am

maebee wrote:When did he say this dcb? Any link? This could be the first in a long line of statements to be amended.

Well i for one am looking forward then to his amended statement about his claims of their parenting skills
being well within the bounds of responsible parenting !!
Time To Tango
Suspect

Postby catwoman » Fri May 30, 2008 9:37 am

tony hatfields retired ramblings

29 May 2007

More on Clarence Mitchell's Role

I mentioned that I had e-mailed the Central Office of Information, to try and find out more about this former BBC employee.
I have just received a reply which is described as confidential and copyright-bugger that.
Apparently Mitchell is on secondment to the Foreign Office for the specific purpose of "handling media relations related to the Madeleine McCann "disappearance" [ note not abduction] in Portugal".
Any further enquiries must be directed to the FCO.
So this is the upshot. The British taxpayer seems to be paying for a media consultant to a private company with no charitable status and over £300,000 quid in the bank.
catwoman
Been Cautioned

Postby ShuBob » Fri May 30, 2008 9:47 am

Carlos Anjos on Clarence Mitchell: "He lies with as many teeth as he has in his mouth."

ShuBob
Hardened Criminal

Postby catwoman » Fri May 30, 2008 10:24 am

www.mccannfiles.com May 2008

they can deny use of phones as much as they want.pehaphs they think they are now safe as refusal to phone records have been given. BUT..........

Full ruling of the Relation Court in Évora on the 29 of April 2008

(Portuguese language)

An interesting detail is that somebody, from an unidentified 10th mobile phone (presumably the other 9 were related to the McCanns and their friends), sent 14 text messages to Gerry McCanns mobile on the 2nd of May and a further 4 in the days following the disapearance of Madeleine.

The PJ have been denied access only to the contents of the communications, calls wernot the details of who, where and when the the calls were made. The judge's ruling is based on two legal aspects:

1) That in Portugal it is illegal to record any conversations unless there is a court order allowing for this to happen, hence the service providers would have committed a crime if they recorded the contents of the text messages in the first place; and

2) That the PJ can only access data that is part of every citizen's reservation of private life, after they obtain a judicial warrant to do so, and never in a retrospective manner, i.e. they cannot access the contents of private communications that took place before the court order was issued.
catwoman
Been Cautioned

Postby DCB » Fri May 30, 2008 10:31 am

Thanks Shubob for posting the link - I should have included it in my original post - sorry.
On Saturday we asked the Portuguese police if they had any objection to us coming back to the UK. We had assured them that we will continue to cooperate fully with the investigation and of course will return as requested and for our own emotional reasons.
DCB
Been Cautioned

Postby paulosgirl » Fri May 30, 2008 10:33 am

from an unidentified 10th mobile phone

Doesn't this mean that all the 9 had phones too?
Give it up,Clarrie.
paulosgirl
On Parole

Postby BishopBrennan » Fri May 30, 2008 11:17 am

DCB wrote:"It was made out to be the biggest 'conspiracy' since the Diana 'conspiracy,'" says Mitchell. "Some of the group (of friends in the tapas restaurant) had their watches on that night, and others didn't... asking nine people to give exact explanations of what happened at what moment during the evening was never going to produce matching stories; what would have been more suspicious was nine exactly co-ordinated accounts."

Some of them now had watches. He previously said none of them had.

Must have been shown the photos that showed them with their watches on that night. What an idiot he is.
BishopBrennan
Local Lag

Postby DCB » Fri May 30, 2008 11:37 am

I suppose the question to ask is did CM actually make the 2 different statements or was he misquoted. Only Clarence can clarify.
DCB
Been Cautioned

Postby ShuBob » Fri May 30, 2008 11:55 am

DCB wrote:I suppose the question to ask is did CM actually make the 2 different statements or was he misquoted. Only Clarence can clarify.

It's good that you appear to be giving him the benefit of doubt but I have NO doubt that he made both statements- the second taking into account the fact he was not believed first time around for obvious reasons!

ShuBob
Hardened Criminal

Postby DCB » Fri May 30, 2008 11:59 am

ShuBob wrote:
DCB wrote:I suppose the question to ask is did CM actually make the 2 different statements or was he misquoted. Only Clarence can clarify.

It's good that you appear to be giving him the benefit of doubt but I have NO doubt that he made both statements- the second taking into account the fact he was not believed first time around for obvious reasons!

Yes, the first statement was totally unbelievable. Clarence is not a complete idiot - that is why I raised the question.
DCB
Been Cautioned

Next

Return to Justice for Madeleine