What is more Important to us as Posters our egos or Maddy

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

Re: What is more Important to us as Posters our egos or Maddy

Postby pike1 » Fri May 30, 2008 6:06 am

clear wrote:Thank you all for these wonderful posts and a big thank you especially to bjr. I have never posted on a forum before, until I found this one. I used to read the mirror forum but never plucked up enough courage ro actually post, then I was so shocked when it closed down I did find the courage to register here. I am overawed with the efforts of the majority of people on this forum to seek justice for a little girl that no-one else seems to care about, and I am proud to be a very insignificant part of it. For me, the defining moment in this case was when I heard that those three little children had been left alone each and every night. [edited bit here] This is a fantastic forum and long may it continue.


I agree clear totally with your post ...and as my Dad used to say...."Don`t let the b.....s grind you down! :)
"Always tell the truth.That way you don`t have to remember what you said"[Mark Twain]

The 3 Arguidos Cookery Book : great recipes!

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3620&p=355600#p355600
User avatar
pike1
Hardened Criminal
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:54 pm
Location: south of watford gap

Re: What is more Important to us as Posters our egos or Maddy

Postby dogrose » Fri May 30, 2008 6:12 am

you're right BJR.
I am a long time poster on a number of forums, not just on this subject, and its a phenomenon I have witnessed many many times. You wouldn't believe the nonsense I have read on a forum about TV shopping channels...I kid you not!!! The internet gives lots of sad inadequate people the chance to be "someone". It gives people the chance to be rude, nasty and downright evil...things they would not do to your face. Equally there is a lot of good people out there.....and sometimes its easy to lose that fact.

I try to look on these "episodes" as positive. why do people want to disrupt this forum? because its failing? They are here because its sucessful, its encouraging people to debate and question what happened to a little girl, and it's spreading news from portugal that I think some don't want to be out there.....


there is a cycle to these episodes, and its usually when things are looking bad for the McCanns.
User avatar
dogrose
On Parole
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:47 am

Re: What is more Important to us as Posters our egos or Maddy

Postby frencheuropean » Fri May 30, 2008 6:37 am

I totaly agree BJR. We have to be carefull with our words in normal discussions, not to hurt "normal"posters and ,when we have spotted trolls (the agressives and the hypocrites) it's far better not to answer their challenges, even if we are furious, for it's a vicious circle (they always come back with the same disguised and rehearsed arguments.)
The probleme is also that , with 4000 posters, we are a mini society. Even if, nearly all the posters here have common values,they have different personnalities and clashes are unavoidable and not necessarily bad if they are under controll.
A lot of posters have humour and I think it's a very pleasant way to ease the strained atmosphere ( I am often the only one to understand my French jokes, but doesn't matter, I try!)
frencheuropean
First Time Offender
 
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: What is more Important to us as Posters our egos or Maddy

Postby lillyofthevalley » Fri May 30, 2008 6:54 am

bjr you know that is just how I feel, as I said on a post last night this little girl needs justice for what she had to go thro.....for the rest of my life I will never forget her it is like a mothers love I have for her, if only I could have protected her from what ever happened that terrible night/day!!!! I dont need to argue or fall out with anyone as I kno the truth will out in the end:( :(
lillyofthevalley
You're Nicked
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:31 am

Re: What is more Important to us as Posters our egos or Maddy

Postby bonnybraes1 » Fri May 30, 2008 6:55 am

I became suspicious of the whole story round about May4th, when it became clear that something was far wrong when it was revealed that three tiny children had been left alone..we all know the rest of the story.
I certainly am not here because of my ego, or because it makes me feel important.
I'm here because this is one of the few places that has publically and consistantly stood up to Team McCann and all they can throw at us.
So, I simply don't care what names they call me, or what threats they use, or what mind games they play . Personally, I regard it as an honour.
Just by being here, by not being swamped by the Team, every single one of our members has drawn a line in the sand, and told them they are not getting away with it, that their conduct is unacceptable, and their propaganda isn't working.

Justice for Madeleine
bonnybraes1
Moderator
 
Posts: 3681
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:46 pm

Re: What is more Important to us as Posters our egos or Maddy

Postby lillyofthevalley » Fri May 30, 2008 7:05 am

bonnybraes1 wrote:I became suspicious of the whole story round about May4th, when it became clear that something was far wrong when it was revealed that three tiny children had been left alone..we all know the rest of the story.
I certainly am not here because of my ego, or because it makes me feel important.
I'm here because this is one of the few places that has publically and consistantly stood up to Team McCann and all they can throw at us.
So, I simply don't care what names they call me, or what threats they use, or what mind games they play . Personally, I regard it as an honour.
Just by being here, by not being swamped by the Team, every single one of our members has drawn a line in the sand, and told them they are not getting away with it, that their conduct is unacceptable, and their propaganda isn't working.

Justice for Madeleine


Well said Bonny
lillyofthevalley
You're Nicked
 
Posts: 267
Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:31 am

Re: What is more Important to us as Posters our egos or Maddy

Postby waterfall » Fri May 30, 2008 7:07 am

Well said. I've missed out on what happened online today but I suspect that the bad news for Team McC has caused a flurry of activity (never forget the "Cash for comments" thread - not all of them are blatant, many are disguised as "respected posters").

Just hang together.

It would be nice to see good win out.
waterfall
You're Nicked
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:58 am

Re: What is more Important to us as Posters our egos or Maddy

Postby marian » Fri May 30, 2008 7:27 am

Nice one bonnybraes, we are all here for Madeleine, and we mustn't give in.

BJR shouldn't have to be making this sort of address. If I have offended anyone I am sorry.
"whoever she's with she'll be giving them their tuppenceworth"
User avatar
marian
First Time Offender
 
Posts: 616
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:36 am

Re: What is more Important to us as Posters our egos or Maddy

Postby chimaera » Fri May 30, 2008 7:39 am

I think the title of your thread says it all,bjr and I hope that the trolls, hydras, talking heads, disruptors and those who aim to divert threads read this. Oh - and TAKE HEED.

A troll is relatively easy to spot and somebody usually fires a warning shot across their bows. Best policy is to ignore them and let their thread die. Likewise hydras.

Talking Heads (my name for this phenomenon - and with thanks to Alan Bennett) are usually hydras and relish talking to themselves under another guise. Sometimes, there are two of them working in tandem. Can be spotted by the regularity with which they turn up in each other's threads. Difficult to deal with because they keep bumping their own threads under another identity, even if it is apparent that nobody else is interested, until the thread is eventually locked.

Disruptors, I feel, are best removed at the earliest opportunity. They push worthy thread off the board. Serial thread starters also, imo, fall into this category - you know, the ones that serve no real purpose.

This really is a great forum and I would ask all to respect the wishes of bjr, not only in her capacity as site owner, but also as a worthy poster.

(Note to self: practice what you preach!)
Things are never so bad that they can't get worse.
User avatar
chimaera
On Parole
 
Posts: 1295
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:02 pm

Re: What is more Important to us as Posters our egos or Maddy

Postby OoBubblesoO » Fri May 30, 2008 7:43 am

bjr wrote:I have been reading threads, and editing and taking stock of matters and to be honest I am dismayed at peoples attitudes. Yes some members attitudes.

No I am not posting this as admin but I am posting this as a member and please do not try to imply that I am using my authority because I will not accept that.

Over one year ago, a story broke on my TV screen about a little girl, 3 yrs old missing in PDL. I didn't watch the story unfold because of the McCanns I watched it unfold because of the plight this little girl might have found herself in. I was told, yes told, by the British media, that a little girl had been taken from an apartment by an abductor. I have worked for the police, unless it was a custody battle, I can honestly say alarm bells rung in my head, because the thoughts that crossed my mind was paeodphillia. Yes it has to be mentioned, yes it could have happened, yes Madeleine could have been being raped and violated at the time the news was breaking. How dreadful, how as a society can we accept this behaviour? It made me sick.

Then the news broke that Madeleine had been left by her parents, yes left, abandoned, neglected, whatever you want to call it. But it boils down to one thing she was left, left alone with her brother and sister to fend for themselves whilst the parents enjoyed their social gathering. To me as a mother, that dismayed me, and as the case unravelled and the facts were becoming clear I thought to myself how can you leave a child? How can you say this is in responsible parenting? How can you say this is right? I am a mother, I love my son and no matter what he does I might not approve but god hand on heart I will never stop loving him. I will never put him in dangers way even though he is an adult now. The nights when he has said he would be home at such and such a time, and then that hour has passed, have drove me frantic at times. I don't care what people call me, I don't care if they call me over protective, but I was given this life, I was blessed with a child and I will do whatever is my power to protect. And no matter what anybody tells me I will not deter from that path. Why? Because I love him and it is an unconditional love.

Many people have been drawn together, just like me, to find out what happened to poor Madeleine. We have been accussed of being pitchforkers, evil, vile, hate mongers, you name it we have been called it. But what holds us all together is Madeleine, yes Madeleine the child that in all our opinions was neglected by her parents and a child we seek justice for.

Please don't let those that want to cause a rift between posters succeed, please I beg of you don't turn on each other, guide each other, seek for the truth, hold those responsible and demand they be bought to justice. If the McCanns are not responsible for Madeleines demise, let them be held accountable for putting her in harms way, remember Madeleine never asked to be left alone, she had no option.

So we have people here that say I have sources, don't turn on these people, don't demoralise them, for all we know they might have sources. Who knows? I don't are your sure you don't? Lets stick together and find justice and above all make sure those that want to divide and conquer do not succeed. And lets all be united in the fact this is wrong, leaving children alone is wrong, and above all be here for any other child that is put in the same position as Madeleine was.

That is all I ask, not a lot really is it, when you compare what Madeleine might have gone through.

Edited to add

I apologise for any spelling mistakes it is late at night.


BJR You are a woman after my own heart...I could have written the exact same post this morning! I feel the same way about my two boys. I'd move Heaven and earth to keep them safe. Mine are young men now, and still I over protect them. Say what you like about me, call me names, chuck stuff at me, bad mouth me...but harm my kids and you'd better be a fast runner :wink: (not YOU personally lol - figure of speech) :lol:

I think it goes without saying that most mothers feel the same way we do. They'd give their life to see their young 'uns happy and safe. But when we're told that not only ONE parent walked out and left their babies to defend themselves, but TWO, it boils my p!ss.

I think i'm more about getting justice for Madeleine now because I fear the little girl is long dead....and I blame the parents souly because of that. I don't believe there was any abduction. First day I heard the news Madeleine had been abducted, I ran from the room crying (after reading it on sky news) My heart drops every time I hear of a child going missing, and the relief and joy I feel when that child is found is unbelievable.

But right now, the anger inside me is justifiable, especially given the facts of what we know now.

I just hope and pray they find her body soon. The whole world has been split with this case. And once the parents are found guilty of a massive cover up, I guess those who have supported the parents will come to realise that, no matter what the status of those parents, they should always be suspected until cleared totally and without doubt.

Maybe now is the time to change the old adage, 'innocent till proven guilty' :wink:
User avatar
OoBubblesoO
First Time Offender
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:42 am
Location: North East England

Re: What is more Important to us as Posters our egos or Maddy

Postby dutchclogs » Fri May 30, 2008 7:44 am

well said, I agree with you bjr 100%, :) :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
shch a parcel of rouges in a nation
User avatar
dutchclogs
You're Nicked
 
Posts: 236
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:33 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: What is more Important to us as Posters our egos or Maddy

Postby OoBubblesoO » Fri May 30, 2008 7:54 am

bonnybraes1 wrote:I became suspicious of the whole story round about May4th, when it became clear that something was far wrong when it was revealed that three tiny children had been left alone..we all know the rest of the story.
I certainly am not here because of my ego, or because it makes me feel important.
I'm here because this is one of the few places that has publically and consistantly stood up to Team McCann and all they can throw at us.
So, I simply don't care what names they call me, or what threats they use, or what mind games they play . Personally, I regard it as an honour.
Just by being here, by not being swamped by the Team, every single one of our members has drawn a line in the sand, and told them they are not getting away with it, that their conduct is unacceptable, and their propaganda isn't working.

Justice for Madeleine
User avatar
OoBubblesoO
First Time Offender
 
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:42 am
Location: North East England

Re: What is more Important to us as Posters our egos or Maddy

Postby Lumpy Leopard » Fri May 30, 2008 7:58 am

Agree with all - I was so glad that I found the 3A's cos at last I could read and contribute to the theories surrounding the very suspicious disappearance of a little girl and as a mother myself have been horrified by the actions and reactions of these so called parents! It is only by becoming a member here that I can finally see an opportunity for freedom of speech.

I have posted on other forums before and have found this one to be unique as it brings together a wide range of individuals, most of whom have a common purpose, to find justice for a child, without the stupid sniping just cos you made a spelling or grammatical mistake (which would often derail threads on other forums as everyone would descend on a poster just because of misuse of their/there/they're!) I also like it that we can chat about other things as well and I personally have found everyone to be very friendly and welcoming.

Although I don't have much to add to other posters opinions, it's good to be able to join a debate and be able to agree or disagree with others, without fear of sharking and as most posters put their point across in a polite non-confrontational way, there is just no need to attack another poster just cos they have a different opinion to you, which is why I love the 3A's as mostly this is achieved, which is mainly due to the dedication and even handedness of the mods/admin.

I came on last night and was delighted at the number of people using the forum and then was equallly dismayed by the ensuing bruhaha over posters, this is not what 3A's is about, it's about justice for Madeleine and I would hate all of the good work from all posters/mods and admin to be undermined by silly arguements that may put new members off and I just think it is so important that this forum can continue to put out information that otherwise wouldnt be available in the search for the truth. Keep up the good work 3A's
Freedom of Speech 03/05/07 R.I.P
Lumpy Leopard
Suspect
 
Posts: 169
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:55 pm

Re: What is more Important to us as Posters our egos or Maddy

Postby sentinel » Fri May 30, 2008 8:03 am

jollyangelina wrote:I agree, as we all have a common bond! to find the truth!!!


the truth is not just what happened to madeleine.

It is what should be written on these pages.
"We, with Coldwater's help, have let our imaginations run wild"
User avatar
sentinel
Mafia Boss
 
Posts: 3594
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:10 am

Re: What is more Important to us as Posters our egos or Maddy

Postby mirameauII » Fri May 30, 2008 8:27 am

I do not agree
it is wrong to cover people who are refering on sources in order to create a "cheerleadership" -
the problem is, that people need cheerleaders. (poor kant, poor nietzsche, we're still living in dark times)
this fact has nothing to do with search for truth but with playing rules at costs of real living people. it does not help madeleine or justice. user can write their ideas without refering on sources as long as nobody knows who the user is, what his agenda my be and if the sources exists.
this board made a mistake when it did not ask coldwater to write in his own name.
dream on...
mirameauII
You're Nicked
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:42 am

PreviousNext

Return to Justice for Madeleine

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests
cron