What is more Important to us as Posters our egos or Maddy

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

Re: What is more Important to us as Posters our egos or Maddy

Postby roisin » Fri May 30, 2008 1:45 am

There is no way I could agree with the OP more than I do.

It is SOOOOO important to keep in mind. We are not here to look at ourselves, we are joined together by a common goal and, although I feel enormous respect for so many people here, it is not *that* difficult to ignore the ones who are only disruptive. (Admittedly, I've failed as much as the next person but am trying and think we should all keep bjr's comments in mind when we post.)

I would like to add something.

When there is little news, I think it is fine for us to relax a bit and "chat" here. But when there are important developments in the case, I think that those are the times to visualize ourselves in a global town meeting and to really ponder what we are going to post before we do so.

There were MANY visitors to the forum today and if we can stay focused and try to be as articulate as possible, they will hear us. If we bicker or focus on stupid things, they will learn nothing and that is NOT FAIR to Madeleine McCann.

I agree with spudgun 100% - the 3A's is important. We KNOW the PJ are the professionals but this where the main podium is located for us to speak as justice seekers for Maddie. It is also a fantastic stepping off point for activism and we've all seen the incredible ways people here have acted - many of them outside the forum and into the REAL world, fighting to see justice done for this little girl.
"Their reluctance to return to Portugal is a clear sign that they are guilty."
roisin
Local Lag

Postby Cas » Fri May 30, 2008 1:48 am

Thank you BJR for your post and spud for your comments. I would like to add, at some point in 2007 after watching TV or listening to the radio, something brought each and every one of us on to the interent.
I know when I went on the MF never been on a forum in my life, was gob smacked yes gob smacked that other people felt the same as me.
My OH said I was evil and twisted so did some of my friends, but I ignored them and went with my gut instinct.
So what brought you whom reading this now gut instinct? she was missing been abducted, something must have told you things where not right, it did me.
I astounded at the level of brains for want of a better word on here. we gone over 12 months now least I have from day four.
MF was ok at first we all now what happened we here now please and I beg you please dont let the trolls get the better of you, rise above it, you better than that, and this is meant for those that spend hour after hour trying to get to the truth.
I cannot count myself in this search I am not clever enough, but I do tell those doubters when truth is found you guys are truly amazing. so believe me the word is getting about.
for those that say they have inside information, they may have, may not, i take it with a pinch of salt. I would like to think CW and a few others are telling the truth if not so what, at end of day they look the silly ones.
please pull together, re group collate what you have and go forward I applaud you all in your quest for the truth into finding what happened to Madeline Beth McCann. god bless you all xx
Cas

Justice for Madeleine

Click here: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/thevoiceformadeleine

Please sign the above................. Thank you

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Cuddle Cat.
(")_(")
Cas
Been Cautioned

Postby roisin » Fri May 30, 2008 1:52 am

gobsmacked wrote:I have been accused of being a "smother mother" and I coudn't give a flying you know what. So I flapped around and worried, had them in carrycots in the bathroom when I grabbed a wash or slept at the end of their beds when they weren't feeling well.

BUT

My boys are adults now - young men who are confident, independent and never backwards in coming forward for a kiss and cuddle. I love them so much my heart could burst. It's not all been pink and fluffy in our house - we've had our moments - but when we decided to have children our priorities changed. It was no longer me and the old man, our wants and needs dropped to the back of the queue and our boys became our focus.

That's what drew me to this case - when I first heard the children had been left alone I just knew there was something very very wrong with the story that was unfolding. Poor Madeleine a little girl who along with her baby brother and sister were well down the pecking order in the McCann household.

How can a parent take their children on holiday and then leave them in a creche all day then leave them alone at night? Selfish, irresponsible and downright negligent IMO - why not just leave them with grandparents at home if the children are just accessories. FGS the children dipped their little toes into their "parents" lives but were otherwise used for ornamental purposes.

Sorry, I could write a whole novel on the Tapas crew and their take on "responsible parenting".

What a wonderful post. Thank you.

I feel like the luckiest grannie alive because my daughter in law is as wonderful a *smother mother* as you say that you were.

Can you tell a child you love them too MANY times? Can you show them you will guard them from all harm until they are big enough to stand strong on their own? Safety is the first step up on Maslow's hierarchy of needs and your sons obviously felt safe and they grew though all the other stages to become happy, fulfilled, affectionate adults. Congratulations!
roisin
Local Lag

Postby roisin » Fri May 30, 2008 1:54 am

Cas wrote:Thank you BJR for your post and spud for your comments. I would like to add, at some point in 2007 after watching TV or listening to the radio, something brought each and every one of us on to the interent.
I know when I went on the MF never been on a forum in my life, was gob smacked yes gob smacked that other people felt the same as me.
My OH said I was evil and twisted so did some of my friends, but I ignored them and went with my gut instinct.
So what brought you whom reading this now gut instinct? she was missing been abducted, something must have told you things where not right, it did me.
I astounded at the level of brains for want of a better word on here. we gone over 12 months now least I have from day four.
MF was ok at first we all now what happened we here now please and I beg you please dont let the trolls get the better of you, rise above it, you better than that, and this is meant for those that spend hour after hour trying to get to the truth.
I cannot count myself in this search I am not clever enough, but I do tell those doubters when truth is found you guys are truly amazing. so believe me the word is getting about.
for those that say they have inside information, they may have, may not, i take it with a pinch of salt. I would like to think CW and a few others are telling the truth if not so what, at end of day they look the silly ones.
please pull together, re group collate what you have and go forward I applaud you all in your quest for the truth into finding what happened to Madeline Beth McCann. god bless you all xx

bumping with a :D
roisin
Local Lag

Postby bjr » Fri May 30, 2008 2:03 am

Again my own personal opinion I think if we all as members don't lose sight of the objective of why we are here then we should be OK.

I am not here for myself or my family, my god they would much prefer me to dedicate more times to them, I am here because of Madeleine Beth McCann and any child that finds themselves in a position with no voice. Our children are our future, lets not ever forget that.
To my critics
When I'm in a sober mood, I worry, work and think,
When I'm in a drunken mood, I gamble, play and drink,
But when my moods are over and my time has come to pass,
I hope I'm buried upside down, so the world may kiss my ar*e
bjr

Postby beggars'belief » Fri May 30, 2008 2:21 am

Thank you bjr,

thank you forum

A thought.

The T7 are cited as 'having fallen out' (maybe so, maybe not - who cares... potentially legally significant of course).

The 3A members, fallen out? No.

We* will constantly come close to the same (and be pushed the rest of the way, if some were to prevail) - but no genuine debating contingent could do otherwise. But we're not afraid and we have nothing to be ashamed of, and haven't at all fallen out. We muddle on. We have to.

We 'look for' Madeleine (or if nothing else, we look out for (the interests of) MM). Even as the team McC Direct the world to do so. But not quite how they would rather it was controlled. We're free thinkers, for the most part.

She (MM aged then only three ) was of an age when truth was 'given' (I expect she could have had the 'wool pulled over her eyes'. so to speak. She wasn't very old yet). Looks like she was let down.

We're collectively not of an age to whom truth can be dictated.

We aren't going away. Whether it's ego or Maddy is academic. (But a good question, in itself, of course). But, either way, we aren't just going away,

Never!!!!! :evil:

[*I dare to presume my own we-ness with the forum 8) . Mods, strike me down if I transgress]
"These people only do good ... and this is how the world repays them" MrGerry's Mum, TV news 4-5-07
beggars'belief
You're Nicked

Postby gobsmacked » Fri May 30, 2008 2:27 am

roisin wrote:
gobsmacked wrote:I have been accused of being a "smother mother" and I coudn't give a flying you know what. So I flapped around and worried, had them in carrycots in the bathroom when I grabbed a wash or slept at the end of their beds when they weren't feeling well.

BUT

My boys are adults now - young men who are confident, independent and never backwards in coming forward for a kiss and cuddle. I love them so much my heart could burst. It's not all been pink and fluffy in our house - we've had our moments - but when we decided to have children our priorities changed. It was no longer me and the old man, our wants and needs dropped to the back of the queue and our boys became our focus.

That's what drew me to this case - when I first heard the children had been left alone I just knew there was something very very wrong with the story that was unfolding. Poor Madeleine a little girl who along with her baby brother and sister were well down the pecking order in the McCann household.

How can a parent take their children on holiday and then leave them in a creche all day then leave them alone at night? Selfish, irresponsible and downright negligent IMO - why not just leave them with grandparents at home if the children are just accessories. FGS the children dipped their little toes into their "parents" lives but were otherwise used for ornamental purposes.

Sorry, I could write a whole novel on the Tapas crew and their take on "responsible parenting".

What a wonderful post. Thank you.

I feel like the luckiest grannie alive because my daughter in law is as wonderful a *smother mother* as you say that you were.

Can you tell a child you love them too MANY times? Can you show them you will guard them from all harm until they are big enough to stand strong on their own? Safety is the first step up on Maslow's hierarchy of needs and your sons obviously felt safe and they grew though all the other stages to become happy, fulfilled, affectionate adults. Congratulations!

Thank you roisin - silly and emotional old twit that I am your response brought tears to my eyes. Personally I don't think you can love your children too much. There's a big gap between my two so it's been relatively easy, I've never endured squabbling toddlers killing each other on the kitchen floor. I've never had to tear my hair out or felt the need to have "me time".

Back again I go to the fact that a couple who masquerade as "parents" dare to admit to child neglect and then set themselves up as ambassadors for missing children worldwide. Give me strength - the day I call on the McCanns for advice on childcare I will have a slow dance with Clarence whilst biting into the cyanide capsule secreted under my tongue, having watched him choking on some of the teeth that he lies with!
"We have been advised that legally our behaviour was well within the bounds of responsible parenting ... these types of criticism ... as well as being hurtful are extremely unhelpful in the search for Madeleine". Day 80 22/07/07
gobsmacked
New In Town

Postby carlymichelle » Fri May 30, 2008 2:33 am

people have abused us ( me lots!!!0 because of our opinions about what happned to madeliene but you know what those poeple can go to helll the reasonwe are here is fora little girl though her parents wilful neglect and selfish behaviour a little girl is dead we must never forget that
carlymichelle
On Parole

Postby Swan » Fri May 30, 2008 4:17 am

bjr wrote:I am not here for myself or my family, my god they would much prefer me to dedicate more times to them, I am here because of Madeleine Beth McCann and any child that finds themselves in a position with no voice. Our children are our future, lets not ever forget that.

Well said bjr.
'The dead cannot cry out for justice, it is a duty of the living to do so for them.' - Lois McMaster Bujold
Swan
New In Town

Postby lj » Fri May 30, 2008 4:20 am

Thank you, bjr and all others for those great posts.

I have to confess I will get myself in trouble at times. I promise I will be better and use the foe list!
*Soon, very soon the world will know the "Truth about the Lie" and "we will gain truth and justice for a little girl who has no voice", dead on the evening of May 3rd at apartment 5A, Ocean Club, Praia da Luz, Algarve, Portugal"*
lj
Local Lag

Postby LA Lady » Fri May 30, 2008 4:29 am

Hi everyone,

We are a collective of posters. All drawn together because of one very young child. We can have different opinions which we are free to discuss here. There are good days and there are bad days. Sometimes we feel we are close to the truth and other days we don't know.

We are here because we care about the enigma of Madeleine Beth McCann. She has touched our hearts in different ways, but touched our hearts she has. What an extraordinary set of circumstances. We share a bond. We want to know what happened to this little child. We also hope to see the perpertrators brought to justice. With respect, how can egos be important?

Thank you.
George Orwell - a visionary
LA Lady
Local Lag

Postby Billie » Fri May 30, 2008 4:38 am

I am embarrassed to even think that anyone of us would put our own ego ahead of what is truly important here, which is seeing justice for Madeleine Beth McCann who lost her life before she even had an opportunity to truly begin to appreciate the beauty of the world that we all are lucky enough to live in.

May the antics of today prove to bring us all a little closer if only to rally behind this single but most worthy cause: Justice for Maddie.
Billie
Hardened Criminal

Postby LA Lady » Fri May 30, 2008 4:40 am

Billie wrote:I am embarrassed to even think that anyone of us would put our own ego ahead of what is truly important here, which is seeing justice for Madeleine Beth McCann who lost her life before she even had an opportunity to truly begin to appreciate the beauty of the world that we all are lucky enough to live in.

May the antics of today prove to bring us all a little closer if only to rally behind this single but most worthy cause: Justice for Maddie.

Hear, hear. Billie. Well said.
George Orwell - a visionary
LA Lady
Local Lag

Postby clear » Fri May 30, 2008 4:41 am

Thank you all for these wonderful posts and a big thank you especially to bjr. I have never posted on a forum before, until I found this one. I used to read the mirror forum but never plucked up enough courage ro actually post, then I was so shocked when it closed down I did find the courage to register here. I am overawed with the efforts of the majority of people on this forum to seek justice for a little girl that no-one else seems to care about, and I am proud to be a very insignificant part of it. For me, the defining moment in this case was when I heard that those three little children had been left alone each and every night. As a parent of two children I was absolutely horrified and knew there was something very wrong here. My own children are now grown up, but I agree with everyone else on here, I will worry about them every day for the rest of my life. I am so proud of my children, I do not regret for a single moment the things I had to give up when they were born. Who cares about 'me time' when you have children and are a family?
This is a fantastic forum and long may it continue.
clear
You're Nicked

Postby Billie » Fri May 30, 2008 4:47 am

Welcome, clear! :)

Keep on posting!
Billie
Hardened Criminal

PreviousNext

Return to Justice for Madeleine