What is more Important to us as Posters our egos or Maddy

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

What is more Important to us as Posters our egos or Maddy

Postby bjr » Fri May 30, 2008 12:48 am

I have been reading threads, and editing and taking stock of matters and to be honest I am dismayed at peoples attitudes. Yes some members attitudes.

No I am not posting this as admin but I am posting this as a member and please do not try to imply that I am using my authority because I will not accept that.

Over one year ago, a story broke on my TV screen about a little girl, 3 yrs old missing in PDL. I didn't watch the story unfold because of the McCanns I watched it unfold because of the plight this little girl might have found herself in. I was told, yes told, by the British media, that a little girl had been taken from an apartment by an abductor. I have worked for the police, unless it was a custody battle, I can honestly say alarm bells rung in my head, because the thoughts that crossed my mind was paeodphillia. Yes it has to be mentioned, yes it could have happened, yes Madeleine could have been being raped and violated at the time the news was breaking. How dreadful, how as a society can we accept this behaviour? It made me sick.

Then the news broke that Madeleine had been left by her parents, yes left, abandoned, neglected, whatever you want to call it. But it boils down to one thing she was left, left alone with her brother and sister to fend for themselves whilst the parents enjoyed their social gathering. To me as a mother, that dismayed me, and as the case unravelled and the facts were becoming clear I thought to myself how can you leave a child? How can you say this is in responsible parenting? How can you say this is right? I am a mother, I love my son and no matter what he does I might not approve but god hand on heart I will never stop loving him. I will never put him in dangers way even though he is an adult now. The nights when he has said he would be home at such and such a time, and then that hour has passed, have drove me frantic at times. I don't care what people call me, I don't care if they call me over protective, but I was given this life, I was blessed with a child and I will do whatever is my power to protect. And no matter what anybody tells me I will not deter from that path. Why? Because I love him and it is an unconditional love.

Many people have been drawn together, just like me, to find out what happened to poor Madeleine. We have been accussed of being pitchforkers, evil, vile, hate mongers, you name it we have been called it. But what holds us all together is Madeleine, yes Madeleine the child that in all our opinions was neglected by her parents and a child we seek justice for.

Please don't let those that want to cause a rift between posters succeed, please I beg of you don't turn on each other, guide each other, seek for the truth, hold those responsible and demand they be bought to justice. If the McCanns are not responsible for Madeleines demise, let them be held accountable for putting her in harms way, remember Madeleine never asked to be left alone, she had no option.

So we have people here that say I have sources, don't turn on these people, don't demoralise them, for all we know they might have sources. Who knows? I don't are your sure you don't? Lets stick together and find justice and above all make sure those that want to divide and conquer do not succeed. And lets all be united in the fact this is wrong, leaving children alone is wrong, and above all be here for any other child that is put in the same position as Madeleine was.

That is all I ask, not a lot really is it, when you compare what Madeleine might have gone through.

Edited to add

I apologise for any spelling mistakes it is late at night.
To my critics
When I'm in a sober mood, I worry, work and think,
When I'm in a drunken mood, I gamble, play and drink,
But when my moods are over and my time has come to pass,
I hope I'm buried upside down, so the world may kiss my ar*e
bjr

Re: What is more Important to us as Posters our egos or Maddy

Postby Leo » Fri May 30, 2008 12:53 am

Well said, couldn't agree more. :)
Leo
New In Town

Postby LA Lady » Fri May 30, 2008 12:55 am

Hi bjr,

It's been a strange day today. Glad you have held everything together.

You are so correct, this is about a little child. That's why we are here. That's why you have this forum essentially.

I think the desire to pull together is the best one and I appreciate your post too.

Thank you very much for allowing us to come together here.
George Orwell - a visionary
LA Lady
Local Lag

Postby Valerie » Fri May 30, 2008 12:59 am

I couldn't have said it better !

Valerie
Valerie
Suspect

Postby scotch » Fri May 30, 2008 1:02 am

Great post, well said.
scotch
You're Nicked

Postby JillyComeLately » Fri May 30, 2008 1:04 am

Thank you bjr, well said.
"It is a fact that in the right formation, the lifting power of many wings can achieve twice the distance of any bird flying alone."
JillyComeLately
Mafia Boss

Postby Estelle » Fri May 30, 2008 1:11 am

bjr wrote:I have been reading threads, and editing and taking stock of matters and to be honest I am dismayed at peoples attitudes. Yes some members attitudes.

No I am not posting this as admin but I am posting this as a member and please do not try to imply that I am using my authority because I will not accept that.

Over one year ago, a story broke on my TV screen about a little girl, 3 yrs old missing in PDL. I didn't watch the story unfold because of the McCanns I watched it unfold because of the plight this little girl might have found herself in. I was told, yes told, by the British media, that a little girl had been taken from an apartment by an abductor. I have worked for the police, unless it was a custody battle, I can honestly say alarm bells rung in my head, because the thoughts that crossed my mind was paeodphillia. Yes it has to be mentioned, yes it could have happened, yes Madeleine could have been being raped and violated at the time the news was breaking. How dreadful, how as a society can we accept this behaviour? It made me sick.

Then the news broke that Madeleine had been left by her parents, yes left, abandoned, neglected, whatever you want to call it. But it boils down to one thing she was left, left alone with her brother and sister to fend for themselves whilst the parents enjoyed their social gathering. To me as a mother, that dismayed me, and as the case unravelled and the facts were becoming clear I thought to myself how can you leave a child? How can you say this is in responsible parenting? How can you say this is right? I am a mother, I love my son and no matter what he does I might not approve but god hand on heart I will never stop loving him. I will never put him in dangers way even though he is an adult now. The nights when he has said he would be home at such and such a time, and then that hour has passed, have drove me frantic at times. I don't care what people call me, I don't care if they call me over protective, but I was given this life, I was blessed with a child and I will do whatever is my power to protect. And no matter what anybody tells me I will not deter from that path. Why? Because I love him and it is an unconditional love.

Many people have been drawn together, just like me, to find out what happened to poor Madeleine. We have been accussed of being pitchforkers, evil, vile, hate mongers, you name it we have been called it. But what holds us all together is Madeleine, yes Madeleine the child that in all our opinions was neglected by her parents and a child we seek justice for.

Please don't let those that want to cause a rift between posters succeed, please I beg of you don't turn on each other, guide each other, seek for the truth, hold those responsible and demand they be bought to justice. If the McCanns are not responsible for Madeleines demise, let them be held accountable for putting her in harms way, remember Madeleine never asked to be left alone, she had no option.

So we have people here that say I have sources, don't turn on these people, don't demoralise them, for all we know they might have sources. Who knows? I don't are your sure you don't? Lets stick together and find justice and above all make sure those that want to divide and conquer do not succeed. And lets all be united in the fact this is wrong, leaving children alone is wrong, and above all be here for any other child that is put in the same position as Madeleine was.

That is all I ask, not a lot really is it, when you compare what Madeleine might have gone through.

Thanks, bjr. These are exactly my thoughts.
Justice for Maddie and the twins!
Estelle
Mafia Boss

Postby spudgun » Fri May 30, 2008 1:12 am

Quite.
As I posted to you personally earlier, perhaps I should reiterate and air my thoughts on recent events to all.

I certainly wouldn't want to get involved in the politics of who, why and when with regards Forum members, who should be allowed to post or who is better kept out of the picture.

But I DO believe this; that this Forum is paramount in keeping the strive for Justice for Madeleine McCann alive. I am quite sure that it is frequented by many people, just as the old DM Forum was ultimately the most sourced and subscribed by everyone, including those who wish to perpetuate the McCann protection.

Consequently, the '3 Arguidos' just might mean the difference between someone eventually and finally pressing further for the real truth, or allowing this case to disappear altogether, as a depressing number of protagonists would love to see happen. (We shall mention no names, but boy, would their laughter ring loud and clear at their achievement if they succeeded in creating such a division as to close this Forum down, or create such friction within it that its potency is removed, as it did in helping create the downfall of the Mirror Forum).

Perhaps this matter truly IS moving into a phase where certain individuals are going to paced under serious scrutiny, and perhaps there may one day be some Justice for a little girl after all. But I do also believe, that we have to ensure that we remove ourselves far and away from the description that has been afforded us by certain 'Z' list celebrities, chat show queens and pseudo day time entertainers; that of "scum".

Fondest wishes boys and girls.

Spud
spudgun
New In Town

Postby backtrack » Fri May 30, 2008 1:14 am

bjr wrote:I have been reading threads, and editing and taking stock of matters and to be honest I am dismayed at peoples attitudes. Yes some members attitudes.

Edited to add

I apologise for any spelling mistakes it is late at night.

I agree and don't think it's too much to ask. I also feel the same way about my children. I still have an 18 year old at home and worry when I have to leave her at home alone or when she's out with friends late and doesn't call to let me know where she is. I can't help it I'm a mother. I can not get my head around any of the Tapas leaving their babies all alone . I've heard the Paynes praised today for agreeing to help out the PJbut they also left their babies all alone in an apartment to fend for themselves. I had never in my life heard of a baby listening service until this casenor have I ever heard of parents using a baby monitor like it was a babysitter while they were out of the home/apartment/buildingwhatever. That device is supposed to be used when you're still in the same buildingnot 100 yards away from your child. UNBELIEVABLE!

Speaking of parents

Here's an interesting article I found in the Telegraph

One child under 10 is killed each week

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2048627/One-child-under-10-is-killed-each-week.html
"It's hard to find a place anymore where the law will ignore you while you blatantly ignor the law." (Hylton)
backtrack
First Time Offender

Postby janz1956 » Fri May 30, 2008 1:25 am

After reading that OP, which is written straight from the heart, I am taking it upon myself to make this thread a sticky.
I believe it should be read by everyone.
After what has happened tonight and after reading threads with posters sniping at each other, and having to `clean up` some threads, I think its time we stepped back, took a deep breath, and remembered why we are here
Lets remember this little 3 year old abandoned every night in a dark, unlocked apartment , while her selfish parents went off to enjoy their `me time`
Think of your own children at 3 years old, if you have them, ..could you have left them to god knows what, while you went drinking/eating/dancing/whatever
could you even have left them to go 10 yards down the road?
this forum is not about who can write the longest, most academic, most nasty....posts
its about a group of people who feel so strongly that justice HAS to be done for this baby, we have to carry on, together, and fight for this child. If we dont, then who will?

PLEASE LETS THINK OF MADELEINE AND NOT OURSELVES
"Day 329: 27/03/2008..........
Kate and I arrived back from Washington yesterday."
-----------------------------------------
Pity it wasnt Portugal. Go answer the bl**dy questions, She was your baby, remember?
janz1956
Global Moderator

Postby jollyangelina » Fri May 30, 2008 1:31 am

I agree, as we all have a common bond! to find the truth!!!
jollyangelina
Suspect

Postby Mel » Fri May 30, 2008 1:32 am

Very well said!
Mel
Been Cautioned

Postby bjr » Fri May 30, 2008 1:34 am

Backtrack, I know exactly how you feel, I have heard of baby monitors and yes I used them when my son was a baby. My son was in his cot and I was in the kitchen, wherever I went within the house I took the monitor. But I never relied on the monitor it was a back up. Nothing more nothing less. Yes we all have to let our children have independence but for every parent I think it is our worst nightmare. I can remember the first day of school, my god I was a snivelling wreck. Are they looking after him like I did? I felt so stupid the moment he run out all smiles and happy, why? Because I had worked myself up into a frenzy. It is the love of a child that brings parents together. I have never lost a child and I will not proclaim to feel how they must feel. But I do know of someone that has had a stillbirth and has never been able to conceive again, the tormet of what was in the past and what the McCanns put Maddy through has bought so many pains back to them. They would give their right arm to have been her mother. Sad really isn't it? But all we can do is be there for our children, no matter what age they are. We can't tell them what decisions to make when they get older, but we can be there to pick up the pieces. They have to learn by their mistakes like all of us did. But being a parent is not a 9 to 5 job for so many years. It is 24/7 until the day you die.
To my critics
When I'm in a sober mood, I worry, work and think,
When I'm in a drunken mood, I gamble, play and drink,
But when my moods are over and my time has come to pass,
I hope I'm buried upside down, so the world may kiss my ar*e
bjr

Postby gobsmacked » Fri May 30, 2008 1:41 am

I have been accused of being a "smother mother" and I coudn't give a flying you know what. So I flapped around and worried, had them in carrycots in the bathroom when I grabbed a wash or slept at the end of their beds when they weren't feeling well.

BUT

My boys are adults now - young men who are confident, independent and never backwards in coming forward for a kiss and cuddle. I love them so much my heart could burst. It's not all been pink and fluffy in our house - we've had our moments - but when we decided to have children our priorities changed. It was no longer me and the old man, our wants and needs dropped to the back of the queue and our boys became our focus.

That's what drew me to this case - when I first heard the children had been left alone I just knew there was something very very wrong with the story that was unfolding. Poor Madeleine a little girl who along with her baby brother and sister were well down the pecking order in the McCann household.

How can a parent take their children on holiday and then leave them in a creche all day then leave them alone at night? Selfish, irresponsible and downright negligent IMO - why not just leave them with grandparents at home if the children are just accessories. FGS the children dipped their little toes into their "parents" lives but were otherwise used for ornamental purposes.

Sorry, I could write a whole novel on the Tapas crew and their take on "responsible parenting".

Great post btw - thank you!
"We have been advised that legally our behaviour was well within the bounds of responsible parenting ... these types of criticism ... as well as being hurtful are extremely unhelpful in the search for Madeleine". Day 80 22/07/07
gobsmacked
New In Town

Postby Torti » Fri May 30, 2008 1:44 am

I'm with bjr on the reason that I'm here: to find the truth. That's all I'm after. I will not take cheap shots at other posters--it's pointless.

Let's all hang together for the main reason most of us are here: the truth.
"Cat: One hell of a nice animal frequently mistaken for a meatloaf."--B. Kliban
Torti
Suspect

Next

Return to Justice for Madeleine