Legally McCanns WERE responsible parents! update MAIL.

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

Re: Legally McCanns WERE responsible parents! update MAIL.

Postby rock » Fri May 30, 2008 8:18 am

Legally speaking ..... is it possible in a 30min period (claimed) a child could fall, cracking their skull open on a tiled floor causing death ?? Think it probably is
rock
New In Town

Postby diddy » Fri May 30, 2008 8:22 am

TBH, I don't seee how they can claim being responsible.
There was NO REASON to leave the children alone.
(Excuse the shouting, wanted to make sure I was heard on that bit. :oops: )
The charade must go on.
diddy
On Parole

Postby coral » Fri May 30, 2008 8:37 am

I wonder if they will print my comment.

"Well the McCanns definition of reasonable and responsible parenting quite obviously differs from mine then, I do not think it is either reasonable or responsible to leave 3 under 4s alone for any length of time never mind the length of time the McCanns did."
coral
Local Lag

Postby paulosgirl » Fri May 30, 2008 8:54 am

They were eating only 50 yards away, which enabled them to check on the children regularly.

Yep,we know. :roll:
paulosgirl
On Parole

Postby Babylistener » Fri May 30, 2008 9:54 am

paulosgirl wrote:
They were eating only 50 yards away, which enabled them to check on the children regularly.

Yep,we know. :roll:

Yep, can we change that to eating AND DRINKING . Their system of checking was even better than the system Mark Warner would have provided. BUT the Mark Warner nannies who do the babylistening DO NOT sit in a bar drinking wine, then checking children every 30 mins - yep the McCanns system is way better. Better than a free cheche, a babysitter in the apartment, or actually having the children with them. Very responsible parenting. :x :x
Babylistener
New In Town

Postby MalCat » Fri May 30, 2008 10:30 am

They broke the law in Portugal. Trust the PJ and the Portuguese judiciary to have worked that one out. They might have wriggled out of it in an English court, but it won't wash in Portimao. The OC manager warned them they were breaking the law, and told them to use the babysitting service or the evening creche, or to remain with the children themselves. They didn't.
IMO the Mail journalist is a prize wally - even if I were the laziest most sycophantic journo on the planet, I'd be changing my tune fairly rapidly now, putting all my pro-stuff down the memory hole and not returning Pinkie's calls.
MalCat
Been Cautioned

Postby Spartacus » Fri May 30, 2008 10:38 am

The line in the article that jumped out at me was,

'Kate and Gerry McCann are being investigated for allegedly neglecting Madeleine'

For over a year we've had the 'abduction' written about as if it were a fact ... but neglect is only 'alleged' ?
Spartacus
Been Cautioned

Postby diddy » Fri May 30, 2008 1:50 pm

Can't find this article in the Mail online anymore.
Also, notice no comments been published, and there must have been some.
Well, one at least, I tried!!
The charade must go on.
diddy
On Parole

Postby starshine » Fri May 30, 2008 2:20 pm

So it is legally fine to leave children of ages 2 and 3 alone for up to half an hour at a time in an unsecured house/flat/apartment in Portugal?

Is there any law that says it's not? Any online document/link?
Everything I post is just my opinion. Unless it has a linked source.
starshine
Suspect

Postby ivy » Fri May 30, 2008 2:27 pm

Obscene doesn't begin to describe what this case has become. Lie upon lie, money-grubbing and now Clarence is squabbling about what constitutes reasonable parenting. It really is beyond insulting - to parents, to British people who are being played for fools, to the Portuguese who tolerate this CIRCUS with such graciousness, but most of all to Madeleine. One of the other posters was right. This country is going to hell in a handcart.
ivy
New In Town

Postby weknow2 » Fri May 30, 2008 2:30 pm

weknow2
New In Town

Postby Tigger » Fri May 30, 2008 2:57 pm

diddy wrote:Can't find this article in the Mail online anymore.

Still here diddy :wink:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... eared.html

NOONE HAS COMMENTED according to the article!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Not quite correct me thinks!!
Without prejudice. All posts are opinion based unless backed by a link or quote.

When everything depends on just one tiny lie, we forget that in order to correct one lie, seven others have to be told.
- Shevat Yehudah
Tigger
Local Lag

Postby JillyComeLately » Fri May 30, 2008 3:04 pm

Tigger wrote:
diddy wrote:Can't find this article in the Mail online anymore.

Still here diddy :wink:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... eared.html

NOONE HAS COMMENTED according to the article!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Not quite correct me thinks!!

I sent two comments but neither has appeared. I'm now sending another re censorship on the Comments Section of McCann articles, as well as censorship within the articles themselves :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
"It is a fact that in the right formation, the lifting power of many wings can achieve twice the distance of any bird flying alone."
JillyComeLately
Mafia Boss

Postby ophelia » Fri May 30, 2008 3:06 pm

Spartacus wrote:The line in the article that jumped out at me was,

'Kate and Gerry McCann are being investigated for allegedly neglecting Madeleine'

For over a year we've had the 'abduction' written about as if it were a fact ... but neglect is only 'alleged' ?

this is consistent with libel laws.
ophelia
You're Nicked

Postby ivy » Fri May 30, 2008 3:21 pm

Spartacus, yes, the line that the McCanns are being investigated for "allegedly neglecting" Madeleine jumps out to me too. It is a fact they are 1) being investigated and 2) for neglect. How can you have "alleged" neglect? It is either neglect or it isn't. The investigation is a matter of legal and public record and therefore I would have thought provides the paper or broadcaster with a degree of protection via privilege. So surely they don't need to worry about libel if they are reporting this FACT. This reeks to me of the blatant pussy-footing and (needlessly) mealy-mouthed reverential tone of the press when it comes to this case. Why should that be??? Posters have talked about the papers and media having their hands tied etc but if it wasn't this couple, one wonders how much the papers would have made of the official publication of an investigation into "alleged" homicide?
ivy
New In Town

PreviousNext

Return to Justice for Madeleine