Who'll mind the twins?

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

Re: Who'll mind the twins?

Postby bonnybraes1 » Fri May 30, 2008 7:49 am

Sorry, many convicted criminals have families and they didn't care when comitting said crimes.
What's the saying - "If you can't do the time, don't do the crime."
bonnybraes1

Postby Katherine » Fri May 30, 2008 7:50 am

I get the impression that the McCanns may have been required to have another adult in the house since their little chat with social services on their return last year.
Katherine
First Time Offender

Postby AspieDistra » Fri May 30, 2008 9:54 am

bjr wrote:Do you know what frightens me most of all, is if this case had never happened how many more nights would Madeleine, Sean and Amelie wake up crying with nobody there. Yes they say it felt safe in Portugal otherwise they would have never done it. But do you honestly believe that? I don't, sorry, but until some one investigates this family then I don't know what judgement we can make on them. If they felt so safe about leaving their children in a foreign Country in an unlocked apartment what makes everyone so sure they never left them in Rothley alone when they might have been at a neighbours barbeque or function.

I am sorry but I do not believe a word that comes out of their mouths. It is hard and yes I accept that and maybe I am wrong, my god I do hope I am wrong, but on another thought I could be right. These children could have been left alone before prior to the holiday in Portugal.

Yes, bjr, it is fearful to think of such things.

By the way, do we know for certain that the apartment was unlocked?
Keep the AspieDistra Flying
AspieDistra
Suspect

Postby KatieJordanPricePHD » Fri May 30, 2008 10:01 am

A lot of it boils down to them being a lot of people's concept of a 'nice' family. Karen Matthews was soon banged up - no messing there. Her crimes are far less serious IMO.

Niceys do something wrong = oh they couldn't have done it.
Scruffies do something wrong - yes they did it.
What's the point...ir..irm...you know...of go'n over thir like...when we can sit here go'n through the boxes and look'n at the labels we made...an like...ir...irm...you know like. I've gorra lorra shrugg'n an stuff to do av'n I...ay...ay...ay?
KatieJordanPricePHD
Been Cautioned

Postby roisin » Fri May 30, 2008 1:22 pm

Sean and Amelie deserve every chance that we would all have loved to have seen Maddie have in her life, and the same goes for the children of the others who similarly neglected their little ones in PdL. I'm a former foster parent and found that kids love their parents, pretty much no matter what has happened. It is one reason my heart has ACHED for the McCanns and the Tapas 7 to come clean. For the children to grow up and realise that Mommy and Daddy made some horrible mistakes and they had to face the consequences and learned from their mistakes is an entirely different future than for those kids to come of age and find out that to the very end their parents lied to the world.

As someone who has looked through so many images of the McCanns and the group on holiday with them, I've felt completely broken hearted when seeing the innocent smiles on the faces of those children. How can we want anything other than a chance at a good life for them? Of course that is all we want.

I'm in agreement with those of you who hope the kids are all placed with loving family members. With no offense meant to anyone who has a different opinion, if Auntie Phil was completely guileless in her support of the McCanns, why are we so hard on her? I don't know who is who in the extended family, but I did see photos of the cousins in Ireland and the children were all so happy together. The twins are so young, they will adapt if placed in the care of people wise enough to keep them out of the spotlight and to love them enough to do whatever it takes to help them grow up understanding that THEY were not to blame for anything that happened.

I hope the rumors about Social Services intervening regarding the twins is true, and also that it is true in regard to the O'Brien/Tanner, Oldfield and Payne children as well. There is a hard road ahead for all these little ones and I think we need to keep them in our prayers whenever this case comes to mind in the future - no matter the outcome of the investigation and trials.
"Their reluctance to return to Portugal is a clear sign that they are guilty."
roisin
Local Lag

Postby Weary » Fri May 30, 2008 1:40 pm

waterfall wrote:I'm not thrilled with this question because the subtext is that perhaps society should go easy on criminals so their children do not suffer.

Believe me, as the OP, that wasn't what I was trying to suggest. They do have a huge extended family, and surely more than one family member will be willing to take them. I'm just hoping that they end up with a family member they're already attached to AND that the family member(s) they live with don't believe that Kate and Gerry did no wrong--because if their guardians believe they did no wrong, they too will think it's fine to leave the twins alone and unsupervised.
Weary
You're Nicked

Postby mr bluesky » Fri May 30, 2008 1:49 pm

if the Mccaans are found guilty of neglect or anything then I suspect the Twins will become Wards of court and find their way in to the wonderful institution of social services . I cant see them being allowed to go to any of the family who will probably then be all investigated for fraud as has been rightly stated here .

It wiill be hard for them - but as you a say after a few years the memories of Mum and Dad will begin to dissapear
mr bluesky
Suspect

Postby toothbrush » Fri May 30, 2008 3:38 pm

They'll be fine. I'm sure Kate and Gerry will get someone to pop in every 30 minutes or so to check on them. :x
toothbrush
New In Town

Previous

Return to Justice for Madeleine