Who'll mind the twins?

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

Re: Who'll mind the twins?

Postby Mel » Fri May 30, 2008 1:24 am

These poor kids they didn't deserve the parents they got!

If Aunty Phil steps in we can expect them to have coronary artery disease by the time they are 12!
Mel
Been Cautioned
 
Posts: 377
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:09 pm

Re: Who'll mind the twins?

Postby Ticket » Fri May 30, 2008 2:44 am

I think this thread is a bit sick really. I think one of them killed their daughter, I'd love to see them banged up for a very long time...but then there are the twins...most of the "excluded from school" and prison population are made up of children who have been through our "care" system. I hope they have a half decent relative somewhere, seem to have quite an extended family. Please not their godfather (whose job it is under the terms and conditons of godparenting) I find him very disturbing.

I'd like to see them thoroughly pilloried by the press, found guilty of neglect leading to death but for the twins sake, 20 years of embarrasing community service would do me. As many people on this forum have testified, you can survive awful parents, whether you can survive the care system is a moot point.

Suffer the little children eh?
User avatar
Ticket
You're Nicked
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:13 am

Re: Who'll mind the twins?

Postby bjr » Fri May 30, 2008 2:53 am

Do you know what frightens me most of all, is if this case had never happened how many more nights would Madeleine, Sean and Amelie wake up crying with nobody there. Yes they say it felt safe in Portugal otherwise they would have never done it. But do you honestly believe that? I don't, sorry, but until some one investigates this family then I don't know what judgement we can make on them. If they felt so safe about leaving their children in a foreign Country in an unlocked apartment what makes everyone so sure they never left them in Rothley alone when they might have been at a neighbours barbeque or function.

I am sorry but I do not believe a word that comes out of their mouths. It is hard and yes I accept that and maybe I am wrong, my god I do hope I am wrong, but on another thought I could be right. These children could have been left alone before prior to the holiday in Portugal.
To my critics
When I'm in a sober mood, I worry, work and think,
When I'm in a drunken mood, I gamble, play and drink,
But when my moods are over and my time has come to pass,
I hope I'm buried upside down, so the world may kiss my ar*e
User avatar
bjr
Moderator
 
Posts: 4181
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:10 pm
Location: 3rd Cesspit from left of Rothley Towers

Re: Who'll mind the twins?

Postby Ticket » Fri May 30, 2008 3:01 am

I think you are entirely correct bjr, those kids will (maybe will have been) be left alone whenever it suits the Saintly Two to go out when they can't get a babysitter. I don't think it's chaged actually, do you remember Kate's gaff when they had only just returned to Rothley, the one about trying to get back to normal, having a lovely Indian meal, and all the waiters were so nice, then "it was a take away of course" Hmmmm.
User avatar
Ticket
You're Nicked
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:13 am

Re: Who'll mind the twins?

Postby Billie » Fri May 30, 2008 3:01 am

Weary wrote:If the McCanns are arrested for child neglect (and possibly other crimes), and if they're convicted, who will take care of the twins during their time in prison? They neglected three children repeatedly, so the penalty could be a long time in jail. I imagine that most of the time when people go to prison for a long period, they are able to ask friends or relatives to raise their children till they're out. Would that be the case if a couple is jailed for any or all of these: child neglect, homicide, concealment of a body? Would the authorities feel such parents were able to make good decisions about who would care for their children, or would Social Services step in?


I'm thinking it would likely be someone in the immediate family, a grandparent or sister or even a godparent (unless of course it's JT). But it seeme to me it's always in the best interests of the child/children to remain in the care of blood relatives.
User avatar
Billie
Hardened Criminal
 
Posts: 1563
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:36 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Who'll mind the twins?

Postby LA Lady » Fri May 30, 2008 3:07 am

Billie wrote:
Weary wrote:If the McCanns are arrested for child neglect (and possibly other crimes), and if they're convicted, who will take care of the twins during their time in prison? They neglected three children repeatedly, so the penalty could be a long time in jail. I imagine that most of the time when people go to prison for a long period, they are able to ask friends or relatives to raise their children till they're out. Would that be the case if a couple is jailed for any or all of these: child neglect, homicide, concealment of a body? Would the authorities feel such parents were able to make good decisions about who would care for their children, or would Social Services step in?


I'm thinking it would likely be someone in the immediate family, a grandparent or sister or even a godparent (unless of course it's JT). But it seeme to me it's always in the best interests of the child/children to remain in the care of blood relatives.


Hi Billie, I agree with you. In any event the children will have to undergo trauma. I do feel confident though that the twins will be given all the help needed. They are innocent in all of this. :(
George Orwell - a visionary
LA Lady
Local Lag
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:56 pm
Location: across the pond

Re: Who'll mind the twins?

Postby Billie » Fri May 30, 2008 3:14 am

LA Lady wrote:
Billie wrote:
Weary wrote:If the McCanns are arrested for child neglect (and possibly other crimes), and if they're convicted, who will take care of the twins during their time in prison? They neglected three children repeatedly, so the penalty could be a long time in jail. I imagine that most of the time when people go to prison for a long period, they are able to ask friends or relatives to raise their children till they're out. Would that be the case if a couple is jailed for any or all of these: child neglect, homicide, concealment of a body? Would the authorities feel such parents were able to make good decisions about who would care for their children, or would Social Services step in?


I'm thinking it would likely be someone in the immediate family, a grandparent or sister or even a godparent (unless of course it's JT). But it seeme to me it's always in the best interests of the child/children to remain in the care of blood relatives.


Hi Billie, I agree with you. In any event the children will have to undergo trauma. I do feel confident though that the twins will be given all the help needed. They are innocent in all of this. :(


I think it's a blessing that they are so young...imagine if they were teenagers and could access forums such as this and read all about their sister's disappearance and the evidence against their parents....it's almost unbearable to imagine...so I take some comfort in knowing that they are too young to understand the implications of what has happened...and if their parents are escorted to prison they will adapt to their new surroundings fairly quickly and with relative ease, especially if they are placed with family who they are already comfortable being around.
User avatar
Billie
Hardened Criminal
 
Posts: 1563
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:36 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Who'll mind the twins?

Postby LA Lady » Fri May 30, 2008 3:43 am

Billie,

Again, I agree with you. Their very young age is a blessing in some ways. Whilst it is not desirable for them to be at the mercy of their parents' errors, IMO, there is time to provide all the help and care that they will so need.

I know many people here feel sad for the twins and quite rightly. I believe Madeleine's life was lost at such a young age and the remaining innocents are the twins. So sad.
George Orwell - a visionary
LA Lady
Local Lag
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:56 pm
Location: across the pond

Re: Who'll mind the twins?

Postby Billie » Fri May 30, 2008 3:54 am

Yes, LA Lady, it is so very sad. My heart goes out for those twins. :cry:
User avatar
Billie
Hardened Criminal
 
Posts: 1563
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:36 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Who'll mind the twins?

Postby LA Lady » Fri May 30, 2008 4:09 am

Billie wrote:Yes, LA Lady, it is so very sad. My heart goes out for those twins. :cry:


Hi Billie,

Yes the little innocents have the raw end of the deal if everything goes pear shaped for the McCs. :(
George Orwell - a visionary
LA Lady
Local Lag
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:56 pm
Location: across the pond

Re: Who'll mind the twins?

Postby Weary » Fri May 30, 2008 4:10 am

I assume that blood relatives would care for the twins if the parents were in prison, but that concerns me a good deal, honestly. The relatives have seemed to be very supportive of the McCanns, usually, and if I had any say in matters I'd try to find blood relatives who wanted to take care of the twins, who could offer them a loving home, and who at some point early on said "Wait a minute--you did WHAT? You left those three children alone? Alone in the dark? In a strange house? Are you CRAZY? Those poor little kids! Poor Madeleine--being taken, screaming, crying, and you weren't there to fight off the abductors! THAT'S UNBEARABLY HORRIFIC! No, I mean it wouldn't be okay at home, but it would just be even worse in a strange flat! You left them for HOURS?? Why didn't you hire a babysitter? Oh, come on--they were being taken care of by strangers all day! Saying you didn't want strangers to take care of them at night is about the most bogus thing I've heard in years!!! Do you really expect me to believe that kind of self-serving rationalization? HOW CAN IT HAVE SEEMED SAFE TO LEAVE THEM IN AN UNLOCKED FLAT? DOES THE FACT THAT MADELEINE'S GONE SHAKE UP YOUR CERTAINTY THAT YOU'RE GOOD PARENTS AT ALL?? You've got no business being parents, and Social Services ought to take the twins away from you! If you can't be bothered taking care of the twins, they'll always have a good home with me!"

I'd hate to think that the twins would go to blood relatives who had supported the McCanns all the way and think the McCanns are responsible parents. Mrs. Healy would be a lot better than Kate and Gerry or a relative who thought abandoning them was okay. She may have raised a very selfish daughter, but she clearly has no patience with her daughter leaving the children alone to go out.
Weary
You're Nicked
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:34 pm

Re: Who'll mind the twins?

Postby Leaser » Fri May 30, 2008 5:46 am

Looks like the same tax payer who is funding the investigation, paying the mortgage, paying the lawyers, paying the private limited company called fund, paying the pink wage bill, paying for the police force investigation, will also pay the bill for the twins care for the next 18 years! 8)
Unfortunately democracy cannot function without a free press

I doubt we will see ...... Justice for Madeline
Leaser
On Parole
 
Posts: 1200
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:05 pm

Re: Who'll mind the twins?

Postby DixonCox » Fri May 30, 2008 5:55 am

It will be SSDD.

Kids taken to nursery all morning by nanny
Kids taken to creche all afternoon by nanny
Kids put to bed with Piriton/Calpol nightcap by nanny

QED

Why should their routine suffer?
Could have been worse, we could have lost Shane and Emily as well as Margaret
User avatar
DixonCox
First Time Offender
 
Posts: 561
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:27 am

Re: Who'll mind the twins?

Postby KatieJordanPricePHD » Fri May 30, 2008 7:25 am

With the apparent lack of emotional ties and bonding in that family, I think they will be ok, whoever they go with. They are quite used to being looked after by strangers and hey - even at looking after themselves!
What's the point...ir..irm...you know...of go'n over thir like...when we can sit here go'n through the boxes and look'n at the labels we made...an like...ir...irm...you know like. I've gorra lorra shrugg'n an stuff to do av'n I...ay...ay...ay?
User avatar
KatieJordanPricePHD
Been Cautioned
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:40 pm

Re: Who'll mind the twins?

Postby waterfall » Fri May 30, 2008 7:43 am

I'm not thrilled with this question because the subtext is that perhaps society should go easy on criminals so their children do not suffer. One poster suggested here, who admits to believing they are guilty, would rather have them do community service! Please.

They have a huge extended family, (Gerry has four siblings it appears), and god-parents, friends, neighbors, fellow parishoners, fellow doctors, nurses. And they have a huge fund that is accounted for, perhaps more (the cash donations). I don't think there will be a problem.

And more than anything, OJ's kids never had to worry about being raised by anyone else. He had expensive lawyers and they got him off scott-free.

So let's not put the cart before the horse.
waterfall
You're Nicked
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:58 am

PreviousNext

Return to Justice for Madeleine

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests