Did Tapas 9 split up ?

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

Re: Did Tapas 9 split up ?

Postby cushty » Thu May 29, 2008 11:11 pm

Bumpkin wrote:
mercedes2 wrote:newsbbc

Their friendship goes back a long way. 4 of the group MO ROB DP FP studied medicine together at Leicester Uni in the early 1990's - The Paynes becoming a couple.

I don't think Fiona & David Payne studied at the same - quite a big age between them.

The Paynes, the Oldfields and JT/OB had all holidayed together the previous year.

As DP had made the holiday arrangements, perhaps he was horrified by what happened and felt a bit responsible in some way

it could be he thought there was a baby-listening service and told the others so
cushty
Mafia Boss

Postby mazza2000 » Thu May 29, 2008 11:40 pm

When the 3 went to confront Murat, Fiona Payne looked quite breezy, the other 2 looked worried.

She also stayed on in PDL for a while to help out.

Has Fiona always been innocent of any knowledge of what really happened?
mazza2000
Suspect

Postby Cody » Fri May 30, 2008 7:16 am

Hasn't been said, the dogs detected death scent in the Payne's apartment in PDL, too ?

***************************************************************************************************
An old German saying is :
The last ones will be bitten by the (sniffer) dogs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rQazjM-bCo
Cody
Been Cautioned

Postby starangerandstranger » Fri May 30, 2008 7:24 am

cushty wrote:I think they were always split to some extent

the Paynes used a baby monitor, and possibly Diane Webster did some babysitting too

the others all left their kids alone and unmonitored - that is why, when one of the kids came to harm because of it, they were willing to help in a cover-up

the Paynes probably felt they must be loyal to their friends, but only up to a point

I am sure the Paynes would have stuck to their original untruths had the pressure on them not increased. They came clean to save their own skins, not due to any higher motives.
starangerandstranger
You're Nicked

Postby confuseddotcom » Fri May 30, 2008 9:18 am

I said on a similar thread recently that, maybe there IS a split and some have come clean to the PJ during the interviews, which is WHY they won't do the reconstruction, because then Kate and Gerry will know they've been dropped in the sh*t.
This was, and still is, just a thought :)
Braccae illae virides cum subucula rosea et tunica Caledonia-quam elenganter concinnatur!
(Those green pants go so well with that pink shirt and the plaid jacket!)
confuseddotcom
Been Cautioned

Postby Impartial » Fri May 30, 2008 9:50 am

Has any british paper reported that only some tapas refused to go to Portugal?

I can only find reports saying "the friends" refused.
All my posts are based on the fact that Kate and Gerry were made arguidos - on suspicion of concealment of the corpse and simulation of the crime of abduction (JdN)
Impartial
Hardened Criminal

Postby mer2lin » Fri May 30, 2008 9:53 am

MalCat wrote:
Arguida wrote:Were they ever really together or was that all a figment of Clarence's imagination.

The point is that GM via Clarrie was desperate to keep them all singing from the same hymn-sheet, or to remain silent as and when he required. I think initially they were bamboozled by his appearance of being in control and thought he was their best chance of getting out of the situation in which they found themselves. Look at Clarrie's angry call to order and phoning round etc when it was suggested in the press that some of the 7 had broken ranks to alter their statements to the PJ. His action IMO if true could be seen as witness intimidation. As time goes on it's clearly a case of sauve qui peut.

CLARENCE IS NOT ONLY PROTECTING THE McCANNS BUT ALSO HIMSELF - WAIT TILL IT ALL COMES OUT.
mer2lin
New In Town

Postby McVera » Fri May 30, 2008 10:10 am

Cody wrote:Did Tapas 9 really split up ?

Did the Paynes and DW broke ranks ?
3 against 6 ?
What do you think ?

Fact is: the more people are involved in a crime the more it is probable that one or more get weak and sing!
McVera
New In Town

Postby ShuBob » Fri May 30, 2008 10:13 am

It would not surprise me if the perceived breaking in ranks is all part of theMcPlan :roll:
Carlos Anjos on Clarence Mitchell: "He lies with as many teeth as he has in his mouth."

My name is Isabelle and I have a Teapot
ShuBob
Hardened Criminal

Postby Fenugreek » Fri May 30, 2008 10:17 am

I suspect that the "four" people who refused to come included the McCanns.
Fenugreek
On Parole

Postby Impartial » Fri May 30, 2008 10:19 am

Fenugreek wrote:I suspect that the "four" people who refused to come included the McCanns.

It was explicitly stated in the portuguese press that the four were JT ROB and the Oldfields.

Has this been reported in Britain?
All my posts are based on the fact that Kate and Gerry were made arguidos - on suspicion of concealment of the corpse and simulation of the crime of abduction (JdN)
Impartial
Hardened Criminal

Postby Fenugreek » Fri May 30, 2008 10:26 am

Impartial wrote:
It was explicitly stated in the portuguese press that the four were JT ROB and the Oldfields.

I don't trust that report, to be honest.
Fenugreek
On Parole

Postby pear » Fri May 30, 2008 12:19 pm

Fenugreek wrote:I suspect that the "four" people who refused to come included the McCanns.

Very good, Fenugreek! I tried to find a Portuguese version of this:

"Four people whom the authorities wanted to participate in a reconstruction of the events on the night of her disappearance, have refused to attend, Ana Lima of the prosecutor general's office said late Tuesday."

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5jeZ ... UOhawSoDaw

and I couldn't. Maybe some Portuguese posters heard, or read in Portuguese the direct quote form the Porsecutor's office spokeswoman? Because, definitely, it can very well be two McCanns, one Tanner and one O'Brien... Or wwhatever. :wink:
pear
Hardened Criminal

Postby chalice » Fri May 30, 2008 2:52 pm

Fenugreek wrote:
Impartial wrote:

I don't trust that report, to be honest.

That's an interesting thought . I assumed , because of the odd number ,that the 4 must be everyone except the Payne 3. Discounting the Mc's .
Including them would imply a split .
chalice
You're Nicked

Postby Susanti » Fri May 30, 2008 3:24 pm

Miss Take wrote:Yup, I'm sure it was him who 24hrs called up and he said there is a pact and he's not going to break it.

You're going to ask me for the link aren't you?

Please don't.. :bounce:

It wasn't 24 h. It was Felícia Cabrita from SOL.

http://sol.sapo.pt/PaginaInicial/Sociedade/Interior.aspx?content_id=42529
Susanti
You're Nicked

PreviousNext

Return to Justice for Madeleine