Did Tapas 9 split up ?

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

Did Tapas 9 split up ?

Postby Cody » Thu May 29, 2008 8:33 pm

Did Tapas 9 really split up ?

Did the Paynes and DW broke ranks ?
3 against 6 ?
What do you think ?
An old German saying is :
The last ones will be bitten by the (sniffer) dogs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rQazjM-bCo
Cody
Been Cautioned

Re: Did Tapas 9 split up ?

Postby Arguida » Thu May 29, 2008 8:37 pm

Were they ever really together or was that all a figment of Clarence's imagination.
Arguida
Been Cautioned

Postby Impartial » Thu May 29, 2008 8:39 pm

they didnt know each other well to the same degree, did they?

Some of them were "into eachother" more than others.

Anybody got more info?

I know that the McCanns and ROB/Tanner were best friends, but what about Oldfield and Payne?
All my posts are based on the fact that Kate and Gerry were made arguidos - on suspicion of concealment of the corpse and simulation of the crime of abduction (JdN)
Impartial
Hardened Criminal

Postby pedro » Thu May 29, 2008 8:40 pm

Cody wrote:Did Tapas 9 really split up ?

Did the Paynes and DW broke ranks ?
3 against 6 ?
What do you think ?

Well, if two or three of them do want to sing and the others don't, perhaps the split up will be put down to 'musical differences'?
pedro
Suspect

Postby cushty » Thu May 29, 2008 8:40 pm

I think they were always split to some extent

the Paynes used a baby monitor, and possibly Diane Webster did some babysitting too

the others all left their kids alone and unmonitored - that is why, when one of the kids came to harm because of it, they were willing to help in a cover-up

the Paynes probably felt they must be loyal to their friends, but only up to a point
cushty
Mafia Boss

Postby MalCat » Thu May 29, 2008 10:05 pm

Arguida wrote:Were they ever really together or was that all a figment of Clarence's imagination.

The point is that GM via Clarrie was desperate to keep them all singing from the same hymn-sheet, or to remain silent as and when he required. I think initially they were bamboozled by his appearance of being in control and thought he was their best chance of getting out of the situation in which they found themselves. Look at Clarrie's angry call to order and phoning round etc when it was suggested in the press that some of the 7 had broken ranks to alter their statements to the PJ. His action IMO if true could be seen as witness intimidation. As time goes on it's clearly a case of sauve qui peut.
MalCat
Been Cautioned

Postby isis » Thu May 29, 2008 10:07 pm

Impartial wrote:they didnt know each other well to the same degree, did they?

Anybody got more info?

I know that the McCanns and ROB/Tanner were best friends, but what about Oldfield and Payne?

Was it the paynes that were conspicuous by their absence from some church service for madeleine?
truth is always a casualty.
isis
Mafia Boss

Postby mercedes2 » Thu May 29, 2008 10:11 pm

newsbbc

Their friendship goes back a long way. 4 of the group MO ROB DP FP studied medicine together at Leicester Uni in the early 1990's - The Paynes becoming a couple.
mercedes2
Local Lag

Postby Miss Take » Thu May 29, 2008 10:20 pm

The only ones who have told any lies are M Oldfield, Tanner, O'Brien and the McCanns.

The Paynes behaved appallingly, let's not forget that. A baby monitor, barely receiving, does not a child carer maketh. Granny should have stood up and said so.

However, they (Paynes) said from the beginning that they did no checks, they were brutally honest. I believe that, because it's a confession I wouldn't want to make, therefore I think there is truth in it. Webster, from the beginning said that the accounts weren't right, they didn't check each other's children (as was claimed early on) and usually the women didn't check (just this night). Granny also thought they were playing another game (what games did they play?? :? )

I also think Payne may have panicked when seeing the likeness between him and Murat.

Tanner and O'Brien are into it up to their eyes. Tanner and the egg/bundle/george/tooth-man, yet not seen by any bugger else when she saw them all. Oh, we all know about her, the less said, the better.

O'Brien, disappearing for who knows how long... Clean sheets, yet no staff remember clean sheets. Being sent to call police, no call put in... Hmmm.

Oldfield, I'd like to think was less involved, but never-the-less, wrong. I think he was coaxed into claiming he saw Maddy when he then said he saw only the twins and then that he didn't even enter the apartment. I believe he was just the alibi, no further involvement. (I pray this is true, I can't bear that 4, let alone 6 were involved in this).

Rachael Oldfield, I believe has just stood by her hubby, as I think is the norm for most partners, whether we like it or not. Who remembers her 'resus' comment on radio?
"While it may be hugely entertaining and a bit of fun to think of cast lists, we are a million miles away from that sort of thing."

Miss Take
First Time Offender

Postby potsy » Thu May 29, 2008 10:23 pm

isis wrote:

Anybody got more info?

Was it the paynes that were conspicuous by their absence from some church service for madeleine?

Hi isis,

Just home from work...could someone tell me why there are 510 guests and hundreds of members on here right now....

Sorry if I am OT...but what happened?

Think one or two of em split months ago....snuck into Portugal with testimony....JMHO...

xxxooo Potsy...
potsy
Mafia Boss

Postby Weary » Thu May 29, 2008 10:25 pm

I can well imagine that they split up, and they may have been split into two groups--the Paynes and Webster in one, the rest in another--for a long time. I suspect that for a while they all agreed to go along with whatever Gerry insisted they do; didn't Payne say something like "We have a pact--Gerry wants to control all information" at some point? Even then, that sounded to me like the first part of the sentence was a way of straightarming the press--we have a pact, we're in agreement, you're not getting anything out of me--but the second part might, just might, hint that Payne was a little resentful of Mr. Control Freak bossing them around and telling them what they needed to do. That "pact" meant that the T7 didn't have to face the press--the questions went to Gerry instead--so that was an advantage. But sometime after Murat got fingered and doubts about the T's truthfulness in framing him arose, I wonder if the Paynes and Webster hired their own attorney and got some good advice. The baby monitor saves their bacon, in terms of worrying about a neglect charge, and I'd assume that their attorneys made sure of that before the Paynes returned. In the Paynes' situation I'd have gotten fed up with my controlling "friends" who expected everyone to back them up, called meetings to ensure that was happening, and so on, and I'd guess they were the people who went back to Portugal voluntarily to change their testimony. After that, they didn't have to listen to Gerry, the egomaniac control freak concerned only with himself . . . and if the Paynes have made it clear that they don't march to his tune and have been cooperating with the police, Gerry has been a very nervous boy for quite a while.
Weary
You're Nicked

Postby isis » Thu May 29, 2008 10:28 pm

potsy wrote:
isis wrote:

Anybody got more info?

Hi isis,

Just home from work...could someone tell me why there are 510 guests and hundreds of members on here right now....

Sorry if I am OT...but what happened?

Think one or two of em split months ago....snuck into Portugal with testimony....JMHO...

xxxooo Potsy...

Hiya Potsy :wave: its all here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13979
truth is always a casualty.
isis
Mafia Boss

Postby SearchforJustice » Thu May 29, 2008 11:02 pm

isis wrote:

Anybody got more info?

Wasn't it David Payne who said "Gerry is controlling things" or words to that effect?
SearchforJustice
Suspect

Postby Miss Take » Thu May 29, 2008 11:05 pm

Yup, I'm sure it was him who 24hrs called up and he said there is a pact and he's not going to break it.

You're going to ask me for the link aren't you?

Please don't.. :bounce:
"While it may be hugely entertaining and a bit of fun to think of cast lists, we are a million miles away from that sort of thing."

Miss Take
First Time Offender

Postby Bumpkin » Thu May 29, 2008 11:09 pm

mercedes2 wrote:newsbbc

Their friendship goes back a long way. 4 of the group MO ROB DP FP studied medicine together at Leicester Uni in the early 1990's - The Paynes becoming a couple.

I don't think Fiona & David Payne studied at the same - quite a big gap age between them.

The Paynes, the Oldfields and JT/OB had all holidayed together the previous year.

As DP had made the holiday arrangements, perhaps he was horrified by what happened and felt a bit responsible in some way
Last edited by Bumpkin on Thu May 29, 2008 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bumpkin - a countrygirl at heart
Bumpkin
Suspect

Next

Return to Justice for Madeleine