Father Jose Manuel Pacheco

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

Re: Father Jose Manuel Pacheco

Postby Billie » Fri May 30, 2008 4:56 am

RstJ wrote:
Juxtapose wrote:I would doubt the PJ needing anything from the priest, he is held in high regard in PDL, and in a catholic country they would not compromise his position.

And does anyone really believe either of the McCanns would confess anything? Kate refuses to this day to admit she's done anything wrong and Gerry won't say anything that hasn't been printed on a sheet of paper and reviewed by his lawyers.

The priest knows nothing other than that the McCanns abused the goodwill of the people of Luz for several months, then fled without saying goodbye.

RstJ

I think there's much more to this story than meets the eye. Why would he have claimed that he "was deceived" by the McCanns?
Billie
Hardened Criminal

Postby Salomon ES » Fri May 30, 2008 8:05 am

Could the anglican priest be T10?
Salomon ES
New In Town

Postby OurLadyofFatima » Fri May 30, 2008 4:30 pm

Fr. Hubbard, the Anglican, arrived a few days after the "abduction". The Hubbards and McCanns became friendly.

We had news of an interview by the PJ and then later some digging.

Fr. Pacheco's church (Our Lady of Light?) was the setting for Mr. McCann's powerful Vision of the Tunnel.

The village itself is full of ancinet history. You Europeans are so fortunate in this respect. I had no idea the church is a s large as it is. If the walls could speak!
OurLadyofFatima
First Time Offender

Postby The Pink Panther » Fri May 30, 2008 4:38 pm

The priest claims what he knows, will go with him to the grave. The PJ will never challenge or disabuse him of this stance. The Church of Rome holds far to much sway in Portugal, for that ever to happen
The Pink Panther
New In Town

Postby KatieJordanPricePHD » Fri May 30, 2008 4:44 pm

I thought priests have a responsibility to tell when they here anything really bad. If he knows stuff and is keeping it close to his chest, they should get the thumbscrews on the evil pig! :x
What's the point...ir..irm...you know...of go'n over thir like...when we can sit here go'n through the boxes and look'n at the labels we made...an like...ir...irm...you know like. I've gorra lorra shrugg'n an stuff to do av'n I...ay...ay...ay?
KatieJordanPricePHD
Been Cautioned

Postby jjp » Fri May 30, 2008 4:49 pm

Hugh Jarse wrote:This priest holds the key to what happened.

Let-the-truth-out wrote:i could not agree more- he DOES know

Your simple affirmation of this fact is worthless and meaningless without any evidence to back it up.

Have you got any evidence or is this just a bit of silliness on your part?
jjp
First Time Offender

Postby TimH » Fri May 30, 2008 4:50 pm

We don't know if the Catholic priest knows anything. The only thing he couldn't tell the PJ is what he hears under the Seal of Confession.

The McCanns have told him nothing. Kate distanced herself from him and became friendly with the Hubbards (who could provide free babysitting to her), so if anyone knows anything, I would imagine it would be the Hubbards.

The articles in the Portuguese press were attributed to a "friend/friends"...he has said he didn't say any of it and hasn't given an actual interview, to my knowledge.
TimH
Been Cautioned

Postby Mel » Fri May 30, 2008 4:50 pm

I don't believe this pair made any confession to the priest, sure they did nothing wrong for God's sake & are responsible parents! :lol:
Mel
Been Cautioned

Postby Plath » Fri May 30, 2008 4:52 pm

I don't beleive they made any confession either Mel. And I too believe that if any priest knows anything it is Fr. Hubbard.
Plath
Been Cautioned

Postby KatieJordanPricePHD » Fri May 30, 2008 4:52 pm

When I was a little catholic girl at school, learning about the joys of confession, I asked "what if you kill somebody and tell the priest, will he still keep it quiet?"

Our teacher said that in a case like that, they have to tell.
What's the point...ir..irm...you know...of go'n over thir like...when we can sit here go'n through the boxes and look'n at the labels we made...an like...ir...irm...you know like. I've gorra lorra shrugg'n an stuff to do av'n I...ay...ay...ay?
KatieJordanPricePHD
Been Cautioned

Postby Plath » Fri May 30, 2008 4:55 pm

Does anyone know if Fr. Pacheco speaks English? If not, there would be the language barrier.
Plath
Been Cautioned

Postby The Pink Panther » Fri May 30, 2008 4:55 pm

However, his friendship with the couple appeared to spectacularly backfire after police became convinced Kate had told him she had killed her daughter during confession.

But he has vowed to take whatever she had said to the grave, despite being quizzed by detectives
The Pink Panther
New In Town

Postby ladydriver » Fri May 30, 2008 4:57 pm

Sorry, Katie, but either your memory is playing tricks on you, or the teacher was wrong. In my memory of a very Catholic education, what is told in the confessional stays there. Movies have been made about it (the confessional secrecy, not my Catholic education ;) )
ladydriver
New In Town

Postby KatieJordanPricePHD » Fri May 30, 2008 4:58 pm

The Pink Panther wrote:However, his friendship with the couple appeared to spectacularly backfire after police became convinced Kate had told him she had killed her daughter during confession.

But he has vowed to take whatever she had said to the grave, despite being quizzed by detectives

Well I don't think he is allowed to do that. It's as much as saying he has heard something bad. Madeleine should matter not those two freaks!!
KatieJordanPricePHD
Been Cautioned

Postby Plath » Fri May 30, 2008 4:59 pm

Surely the language question is key here. Does anyone know? The Mcs certainly could not speak Portuguese as they needed a translator when being interviewed.
Plath
Been Cautioned

Previous

Return to Justice for Madeleine