LEAFLETS thread discussion.

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

Re: LEAFLETS thread discussion.

Postby potsy » Tue May 27, 2008 2:51 pm

jjp,

Thanks for all your hardwork. Please continue to express yourself.

xxxooo
potsy
Mafia Boss

Re: LEAFLETS completed set links Page 66 in 5 languages+YouTube

Postby ponky » Tue May 27, 2008 3:01 pm

potsy wrote:
Arguida wrote:
potsy wrote:nicked,

You are really trying to scare the wrong person. And your argument is fallacious. The trial WILL be held in Portugal. It is their jurisdiction. Please, please, please, give it a rest and go try to scare someone else...

Why do you as an American, unfamiliar with English and Portugese Law, feel you have the right to interfere with a fair trial in another country. I don't think your papers are muzzled and I think you enjoy free speech. I have seen it written that the trial could be in the UK. I don't know the law but I would not feel I had the right to interfere in another country's criminal trial.

Ya know I received a nasty pm on Monday saying as an American, I should shut up!! Your language here sounds familiar...did you have a hand in sending it?

Shoooooo....

Flippin heck Potsy, I'm as shocked as you :?

Apologies to you on behalf of the Brits here. :oops:
ponky
First Time Offender

Postby jjp » Tue May 27, 2008 3:22 pm

potsy wrote:
Arguida wrote:

You are really trying to scare the wrong person. And your argument is fallacious. The trial WILL be held in Portugal. It is their jurisdiction. Please, please, please, give it a rest and go try to scare someone else...

Why do you as an American, unfamiliar with English and Portugese Law, feel you have the right to interfere with a fair trial in another country. I don't think your papers are muzzled and I think you enjoy free speech. I have seen it written that the trial could be in the UK. I don't know the law but I would not feel I had the right to interfere in another country's criminal trial.

Ya know I received a nasty pm on Monday saying as an American, I should shut up!! Your language here sounds familiar...did you have a hand in sending it?

Shoooooo....

Very interesting that someone claiming to be Canadian should be so critical of an American taking an interest.

Arguida wrote: I am Canadian and I had to ask what it meant. We also call the cops/police.
jjp
First Time Offender

Postby jjp » Tue May 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Arguida wrote:

Why do you as a Canadian feel you have any more right to comment than an American? That truly does not make sense to me.

Arguida wrote: I am Canadian and I had to ask what it meant. We also call the cops/police.
jjp
First Time Offender

Postby potsy » Tue May 27, 2008 3:43 pm

:lol:
potsy
Mafia Boss

Postby frencheuropean » Tue May 27, 2008 3:43 pm

jjp wrote:
Arguida wrote:

Why do you as a Canadian feel you have any more right to comment than an American? That truly does not make sense to me.

[/quote
................................................................................................
:mrgreen: :glasses8: :mrgreen:
frencheuropean
First Time Offender

Postby bjr » Tue May 27, 2008 5:07 pm

Just posted this as a member and not admin on another thread.

Well there are another couple of statements that could be added to the leaflet thing.

What are the chances of your friends letting you down by not co-operating with a Police reconstruction.

And on the Mother one

As I mother I would cut all ties with my friends who refused to return to Portugal to help me and the Police do a reconstruction.
To my critics
When I'm in a sober mood, I worry, work and think,
When I'm in a drunken mood, I gamble, play and drink,
But when my moods are over and my time has come to pass,
I hope I'm buried upside down, so the world may kiss my ar*e
bjr

Postby MISTY » Tue May 27, 2008 5:23 pm

Well there are another couple of statements that could be added to the leaflet thing.

What are the chances of your friends letting you down by not co-operating with a Police reconstruction?

And
What are the chances of witholding phone and text messages when they might help in the search for Madeleine?
MISTY
New In Town

Postby potsy » Tue May 27, 2008 5:26 pm

MISTY wrote:Well there are another couple of statements that could be added to the leaflet thing.

What are the chances of your friends letting you down by not co-operating with a Police reconstruction?

And
What are the chances of witholding phone and text messages when they might help in the search for Madeleine?

Hi MISTY,

So very sad :( right? This little girl seems to have been surrounded by adults who could care less?

I cannot fathom this... I don't know many adults who would not rush in and do everything in their power to help...

It is disgusting :twisted:

xxxooo
potsy
Mafia Boss

Postby MISTY » Tue May 27, 2008 6:06 pm

Hi MISTY,

So very sad :( right? This little girl seems to have been surrounded by adults who could care less?

I cannot fathom this... I don't know many adults who would not rush in and do everything in their power to help...

Yes indeed, potsy. It is beyond the comprehension of any loving parent or any caring human being.
Heartbreaking.
MISTY
New In Town

Postby nessie » Tue May 27, 2008 6:39 pm

Thinking about the leaflets made me think of Kates statement about Madeleine and her brother crying being leaked, wasn't there suspicion it was leaked by the McCanns themselves, we know the they will be aware of whats been going on here so whats to stop them putting the leaflets out if there is a chance they could use them in their defence. If Madeleins photo was removed then the leaflet would be more of a questionaire if anyone thinks McCann then that is their fault, if the shoe fits wear it.
nessie
New In Town

Postby MISTY » Tue May 27, 2008 6:51 pm

Thinking about the leaflets made me think of Kates statement about Madeleine and her brother crying being leaked, wasn't there suspicion it was leaked by the McCanns themselves, we know the they will be aware of whats been going on here so whats to stop them putting the leaflets out if there is a chance they could use them in their defence. If Madeleins photo was removed then the leaflet would be more of a questionaire if anyone thinks McCann then that is their fault, if the shoe fits wear it.

Excellent point, Nessie!
MISTY
New In Town

Postby retribution » Tue May 27, 2008 6:51 pm

Tigger wrote:
Chinagirl wrote:No one can force someone else to do the right thing; to obey the law; to behave honourably. In a civilised, democratic society, laws are enacted and sanctions specified for breaking them, but each individual decides for him/herself whether or not to abide by them. Same with behaviour - that which is not defined by a law. There are certain norms which a civilised society expects of its citizens - adults are assumed to know the difference between right and wrong; what is acceptable or not acceptable, but "correct" behaviour cannot be forced on anybody - individuals choose to do or not do certain things.

In this particular matter, there is no law which says members here can't distribute those leaflets in public, providing certain criteria (specified by laws and by-laws are complied with), nor is there any convention or behavioural expectation to say this should not be done. Several posters have rightly pointed out that charges have not been made, so the sub judice rulings don't yet apply. Nevertheless, the two people in question are under a judicial process, even though such a condition does not exist in English law, and it is expected (certainly hoped) that charges will be laid sooner rather than later, turning them into accused rather than this rather vague and difficult to understand (for non Portuguese) arguido status.

The point being made by those of us who are not in favour of this leaflet campaign has been mainly one of the right behaviour, rather than suggesting a law was being broken. It is widely known by members here that the McCanns have milked the sympathy vote for all its worth for more than a year now; we know that they have blamed adverse media coverage (minimal though that has been) for unfairly victimising them; we know they have it in for forums such as this; we know they have a well-oiled PR machine and have access to very good, very expensive legal advice; we know they have already been successful in a defamation action. We also know that as about-to-be defendants in a criminal proceeding, they are entitled to mount a defence. It doesn't take a Mensa-rated intelligence to work out that a leaflet campaign such as the one which was proposed here would simply add grist to their "smear" mill, and thus ran the risk of being completely counterproductive.

This is what Tigger's legal advisors have warned her of, and what several posters here have been saying as well - a public campaign of the nature proposed, endorsed (yes, BJR & Nbrado, disclaimers notwithstanding) endorsed by this forum cou;d well be seen as "incitement to hatred" and give ammunition for cries of unfairness in any trial - WHEREVER SUCH TRIAL EVENTUALLY TAKES PLACE. Nevertheless, nothing can stop individuals from doing what they want with those leaflets - passing them by email or whatever means to other people, and for those people, in turn, to pass them on. One can only hope that commonsense - and common decency and sense of the "rightness" of things will cause such people to consider what they are doing.

Free speech is a wonderful catch-phrase, one which was proposed and endorsed in England long before the American constitution so enshrined it, but it comes at a price and with responsibility - that being commonsense and the "rightness" of things.

Good afternoon everyone, sorry half term so kids all over the place. I was I confess a bit anxious about popping my head up today but was very reassured to see your kindness in your posts.

You retribution started me thinking, I admired the way you posted and articulated your concerns so well. I had not thought of that angle and was very grateful you hilighted it thank you. China Girl your post is excellent thank you, very very well written.

You are right all of you, it was very hard writing that post. Even though other posters had mentioned the implications some have more abrasive ways of posting, often it is not WHAT you say it is the way you say it! So thank you retribution very much for making me see something that otherwise I may have missed.

However I think that the one major thing that this has shown me is the cohesion and the comraderie on this forum. Threads are put up as an item for discussion, digestion and cogitation. I feel that this thread has shown just that. A bunch of strangers coming together, many of us from different cultures and upbringings have shown that actually Team McCann we are WATCHING you and we are waiting in the wings.

I hope that noone is upset with me for taking this stance. I merely feel that ANYTHING ORGANISED or orchestated is going to play right into their sticky sweaty little hands. The thought of the lawyers smiling cheshire cat smiles all over their faces feels me with dread. To think that those that want to know the truth may be deprived of it because of a well intentioned move that goes horribly wrong is unbearable.

But nevertheless the leaflets are done and in time I am sure we will be able to scatter them like rose petals all over the world and I certainly intend to..............WHEN IT IS SAFE TO DO SO and the McCanns cannot bite us in the bums!

My many many thanks for everyones kind comments. I was very worried and anxious when I posted. Redsquare.............your post also was superb and I thank you.

The McCANNS by very nature of the thread now know what the public are capable of and in a very short time........................so let's wait and jump when it is safe to do so and we all can see that Madeleine McCann gets the justice she so rightly deserves.

My thanks again to retribution in particular. :wink: who made so much sense in a very mature and reasoned way.

jjp you are a star and the work you have put in is admirable as with all the other posters such as Adonia and Sad Git, too many to mention. I know the hard work will pay off, but maybe not just yet............................ :(

Edited to add........

My respect for this forum and the admin team has grown enormously and I would like to thank the team for allowing this thread to even stay and be discussed. I think the very nature of the thread on its own has ruffled a few feathers in the right quarters!! Thank you. Just shows you what sharing information and ideas can do. :wink:

re edited to add..........I have taken the liberty of ammending the thread title too, just in case the McCann lawyers need clarification that this is a DISCUSSION! :wink: ( can't be too careful!)

Tigger, I know how difficult it must have been for you to reconsider the position regarding the leaflets, and it took a great deal of courage to stand up and tell everyone - an action for which you should be commended and which, I am sure, has made your fellow forumites respect you even more.

I know that you want justice for Madeleine, as do we all, and hopefully this will be achieved before too long.
retribution
First Time Offender

Postby Tigger » Tue May 27, 2008 7:13 pm

Thank you retribution very much for your kindness. I have to admit it was not easy BUT I think what I learned most from this thread is the ability to discuss, share and learn from people that have a higher understanding of the complexities of this very very unusual case.

I think the thread has been extremely valuable in raising many issues for discussion. Let's face it the McCanns (thanks to the latest top up from the Express) are benefiting from the most expensive extradition lawyers on the planet whereas we have noone........yet we have done nothing wrong. Says it all really! So when that pot of money runs out where is the next lot coming from?? I bet the lawyers are working on it as we speak. They plan to run their case financed on LAW suits! So in the end...................WE PAY! Noooo way!

But as I just pm'd another member, 6yrs ago we would not have been in this position, even though message boards have been around for years, it is only recently that we have exploded into a society awash with Bebo, face book, forums for every subject known to mankind............the law has not caught up with technology which is racing forward faster than I can keep up with. It really takes your breath away.

Here is a youtube to prove just that, you may find it interesting, nothing to do with Madeleine McCann but very interesting all the same!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xHWTLA8WecI

You see how fast everything is moving. :shock:

It never ceases to amaze me........the internet, a double edged sword in every way!

I may be a bit gobby at times! :lol: but I do listen to others and take on board their advice. What is the point of asking advice if you aint gonna listen to it!! I do always though hold my hands up when I may have been mistaken! But I appreciate your comments I really do, thanks! :wink:
Without prejudice. All posts are opinion based unless backed by a link or quote.

When everything depends on just one tiny lie, we forget that in order to correct one lie, seven others have to be told.
- Shevat Yehudah
Tigger
Local Lag

Postby Adonia » Tue May 27, 2008 7:22 pm

Tigger wrote:Thank you retribution very much for your kindness. I have to admit it was not easy BUT I think what I learned most from this thread is the ability to discuss, share and learn from people that have a higher understanding of the complexities of this very very unusual case.

I think the thread has been extremely valuable in raising many issues for discussion. Let's face it the McCanns (thanks to the latest top up from the Express) are benefiting from the most expensive extradition lawyers on the planet whereas we have noone........yet we have done nothing wrong. Says it all really! So when that pot of money runs out where is the next lot coming from?? I bet the lawyers are working on it as we speak. They plan to run their case financed on LAW suits! So in the end...................WE PAY! Noooo way!

But as I just pm'd another member, 6yrs ago we would not have been in this position, even though message boards have been around for years, it is only recently that we have exploded into a society awash with Bebo, face book, forums for every subject known to mankind............the law has not caught up with technology which is racing forward faster than I can keep up with. It really takes your breath away.

Here is a youtube to prove just that, you may find it interesting, nothing to do with Madeleine McCann but very interesting all the same!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xHWTLA8WecI

You see how fast everything is moving. :shock:

It never ceases to amaze me........the internet, a double edged sword in every way!

I may be a bit gobby at times! :lol: but I do listen to others and take on board their advice. What is the point of asking advice if you aint gonna listen to it!! I do always though hold my hands up when I may have been mistaken! But I appreciate your comments I really do, thanks! :wink:

Godbless You Tigger xxx :D

.....justice for madeleine.....

the little girl who we all need to know what has happened to.
Madeleine who has disappeared off the face of the earth... :(

Gods Watching xxx :D coz he is... :wink:

.....justice for madeleine and in humanity.......
Adonia
You're Nicked

PreviousNext

Return to Justice for Madeleine