LEAFLETS thread discussion.

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

Re: LEAFLETS thread discussion.

Postby Sad Git » Tue May 27, 2008 7:46 pm

Does the news that there will be no reconstruction on the 29th justify a review of the leaflet situation?

Some people seemed to favour the "let's sit tight and see what happens" policy. But, to the surprise of virtually no-one, the T9 will continue to disrupt the investigation, and the media will still refuse to question them for doing so.

Are we going to carry on holding our breath waiting for the media to stop blindly supporting this perversion of justice? Or is it time we stood up to be counted, and tried to redress this information blackout ourselves?
Don't allow the McMedia to keep the public ignorant, download our leaflets now!
http://www.uploadthis.co.uk/uploads/jjp ... S%20bw.pdf
http://www.uploadthis.co.uk/uploads/jjp ... Mother.pdf
Sad Git
On Parole

Postby Tigger » Tue May 27, 2008 8:21 pm

Just updated on google news. Thought it was an interesting article to share with you. The laws just have not caught up with internet use, you never know when they are going to strike, or for what, it is all SOOoooo NEW! I know this is a copyright issue but an important one all the same. Just for your information. All knowlege is good eh! :wink: Sad Git, I am as frustrated as you I can assure you......... :(

YouTube lawsuit threatens internet freedom, claims Google
Last Updated: 12:01am BST 27/05/2008

Google has claimed that a billion dollar lawsuit filed against YouTube, the video-sharing website it owns, threatens internet freedom.

The claim follows legal action by Viacom, an US entertainment company, which is suing YouTube for breach of copyright. Viacom claim that more than 150,000 unauthorised clips of its copyrighted material have been found on YouTube, and that YouTube and Google, its parent company, had done "little or nothing" to stop infringement.

Google's legal team said that Viacom's action "threatens the way hundreds of millions of people legitimately exchange information" across the internet, and that it had gone "far beyond its legal obligations in assisting content owners to protect their works".

Viacom filed the initial lawsuit last year, and tabled an amended version last month. It said that YouTube had consistently allowed unauthorised clips of television shows such as South Park and SpongeBob SquarePants to be posted on the site and watched thousands of times. It also stated that the Al Gore documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, had been illegally uploaded to YouTube, and received an "astounding" 1.5 billion views by site users.

Google is willing to see the matter resolved in the US Supreme Court, said David Eun, vice president of content partnerships. The search giant claims that making service providers liable for the actions of users would "threaten the way hundreds of millions of people legitimately exchange information, news, entertainment and political and artistic expression."

Google also claims that it has abided by the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, which protects service providers from liability for copyright infringement as long as they act swiftly to remove that material once it has been reported. Viacom, however, argues that the entire business model for the YouTube site relies on copyrighted content, and that it is unable to keep sufficient track of the unauthorised clips uploaded to its pages.

"The availability on the YouTube site of a vast library of the copyrighted works of plaintiffs and others is the cornerstone of defendants' business plan," said Viacom.

Piracy and copyright issues have long been a problem for the video-sharing site. Around ten hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute, and there is no pre-screening of clips to filter out inappropriate content. Instead, the site relies on users and content providers to "flag" questionable videos before it removes them.

Last year, Google introduced a content-checking system to try and prevent copyrighted clips being uploaded in the first place, by matching videos against a library of original content to identify copyright infringement.
Without prejudice. All posts are opinion based unless backed by a link or quote.

When everything depends on just one tiny lie, we forget that in order to correct one lie, seven others have to be told.
- Shevat Yehudah
Tigger
Local Lag

Re: LEAFLETS completed set links Page 66 in 5 languages+YouTube

Postby Chinagirl » Tue May 27, 2008 10:19 pm

MISTY wrote:we know they have a well-oiled PR machine and have access to very good, very expensive legal advice; we know they have already been successful in a deformation action.

What, please, is a "deformation action"?

I'm sure you have enough intelligence to work out that typo, Misty.

Thank you, Bbelief for your response to my question.
I see "defamation" was your correct (intelligent) guess!

Thank you, Misty, for so very kindly and politely pointing out the typo in my comment. As you have noticed, I did correct it in my original post.
Chinagirl
Suspect

Postby beggars'belief » Tue May 27, 2008 10:35 pm

Hello Chinagirl,

just for the avoidance of doubt, some readers may think I was (politely) taking the P*ss out of MISTY by way of my reply. I couldn't possibly comment on that, you'll understand, but I was appreciative of MISTY's kind reply. BB - here to help, that's my motto.

I would say again though, your substantive post was right on the spot, in my book.

:D
"These people only do good ... and this is how the world repays them" MrGerry's Mum, TV news 4-5-07
beggars'belief
You're Nicked

Postby jjp » Wed May 28, 2008 3:02 pm

I wonder if the Jon Gaunt show will be cited as part of the smear campaign against the McCanns should they ever need to defend themselves against extradition?

After all he was asking questions about their motives and criticising their friends.
jjp
First Time Offender

Postby nessie » Wed May 28, 2008 3:22 pm

jjp wrote:I wonder if the Jon Gaunt show will be cited as part of the smear campaign against the McCanns should they ever need to defend themselves against extradition?

After all he was asking questions about their motives and criticising their friends.

Hi jjp, This morning I made a trip to the supermarket and found a poster in my trolly, I took a look around and saw quiet a few people had also got one for free, my right hand to God it wasn't me so does it look like it is a bit late to stop them.
nessie
New In Town

Postby Adonia » Wed May 28, 2008 4:33 pm

portugal style xxx :D must watch...:wave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ43hF5DP8k

MY NAME IS MADELEINE McCANN XXX :D

can you please help me my name is Madeleine McCann and i am lost, and i dont know where i am?... please can sombody help me because my parents and their friends who i trusted didnt give a damn.
to be honest i cried with my brother and asked my mother
"where were you when we cried last night"
mummyeeeeeeeeee.... mumemmmeeeeeeeeeee mummmmmeeeeeeee where were you?

welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

did you forget we were here and oh daddyeeeee where were you ?...

All my LOVE MADELEINE XXX :(

.........justice for madeleine......
Adonia
You're Nicked

Postby Adonia » Wed May 28, 2008 6:15 pm

Justice for Madeleine mcCann

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_i_Zuh-c1Q

justice pour Madeleine McCann

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00xZa0_yUiQ

justica para Madeleine McCann

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ43hF5DP8k

Dedicated to Madeleine McCann

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5Zfpw86_jI

.......justice for Madeleine......
Adonia
You're Nicked

Postby ShuBob » Thu May 29, 2008 9:29 pm

So is the leaflet partly responsible for the increased traffic this site is experiencing today 8)
Carlos Anjos on Clarence Mitchell: "He lies with as many teeth as he has in his mouth."

My name is Isabelle and I have a Teapot
ShuBob
Hardened Criminal

Postby beggars'belief » Fri May 30, 2008 12:07 am

That, of course, can never be known.

Like so very, very much in this affair, so far. Almost everything, frankly. :?

One way or the other, WELCOME to anyone new to reading the assembled musings of the 3A.

'Read / Research (i.e. check) / Use your own brain (earlier two points refer)' is recommended in my book.

Enjoy.

(Don't despair.)

IMO, of course (my head :bom: )
"These people only do good ... and this is how the world repays them" MrGerry's Mum, TV news 4-5-07
beggars'belief
You're Nicked

Previous

Return to Justice for Madeleine