First Generation Hi Res copy of LAST PHOTO

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

Re: First Generation Hi Res copy of LAST PHOTO

Postby mirameauII » Tue May 20, 2008 10:21 am

gestalt was paranoid from his first posting on - I exchanged some pm with him and as I wrote over the topic at board , he meant, I had stolen the topic from him. he has occupied the last photo thread on the mirrorforum and a few user were the opinion, gestalt is a double ID of theauthor. he still means, he has patented those photo threads. what will he be doing if it turn out that the last photo is genuine?
mirameauII
You're Nicked

Postby miffed » Tue May 20, 2008 10:36 am

gestalt wrote:Please tell me why a post that was here a few minutes ago has disappeared without trace.

gestalt - it was me - I changed my mind as I thought I was being a bit off topic. I was questioning Twiglet1963's statement that most of us don't care about the truth, which I don't agree with. I deleted it because it's not really on topic. Another time on another thread maybe.

Your concern seems to be the timing of the arrival of this photo and it's source. Very mysterious.
miffed
On Parole

The Last Photo, another theory :?

Postby Dumptruck » Tue May 20, 2008 10:45 am

Don't bite me btw!

I was just pondering, with the way the media are fully backing K and G (at the moment) and any critics are viewed as nutters or barmy, we all agree that 'something' is not right with that photo from the staging, the light, the outfits or just the date. What if it was released just to get conspiracy theorists discussing and dissecting it at length to make the photo doubters seem a bit, well, odd? To make K and G seem normal and us as absolutely barking to even consider it being shopped as madness?

For the record I don't think it has been shopped, I personally don't think that they could do a good enough job to fool the police. I do think that the date is incorrect and I also think that it was maybe staged for our benefit sadly.
"...someone would come and stay with kate, she was never alone with the children.."
Dumptruck
Suspect

Postby cynical_tourist » Tue May 20, 2008 10:47 am

mirameauII wrote:gestalt was paranoid from his first posting on - I exchanged some pm with him and as I wrote over the topic at board , he meant, I had stolen the topic from him. he has occupied the last photo thread on the mirrorforum and a few user were the opinion, gestalt is a double ID of theauthor. he still means, he has patented those photo threads. what will he be doing if it turn out that the last photo is genuine?

What is this - "Have a go at Gestalt" week? :lol:
Strange statements in your post as I do not remember Gestalt from MF - if wrong I stand corrected

The last photo IS in all probability genuine. And Gestalt, like many other professionals here (that is professionals, not pro!!!) has been trying to educate the amateur doubters.
SO... to answer your question "what will he be doing if it turn out that the last photo is genuine?"
I guess not posting very much :wink: :lol:
cynical_tourist
First Time Offender

Postby mercedes2 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:51 am

Thanks ct, not sure that the probabilities will be taken on board though.

Where will this leave the 2nd scenario?
mercedes2
Local Lag

Postby HarveyHumphries » Tue May 20, 2008 11:00 am

gestalt wrote:I thought this was over.

It doesn't surprise me that vancouver still wants to discuss this and I welcome that, maybe in some other form. WTS...

However, mods - I'm being patient please tell me why that topic disappeared.

HarveyHumphries wrote:I might have got this wrong, not having read the entire thread, but is this version of the last photo unique in coming embedded with what purports to be the original EXIF data?

In answer to your question Harvey, yes. In as much as we can be sure of that, it is clearly at a resolution which could be original, it bears a Exif but this has been added to - supposedly by the AP who were the first recipients.

However, there is of course an outside chance that this is an even more intricate falsehood, but, if this was the case one would expect close to perfection there are too many mistakes for that.

Assuming the role of an unscrupulous techno-idiot (one I feel I was born to play), it took me all of two minutes to find out what technical and archival data comes embedded in digital photographs, and to download a bit of freeware to edit them.

When you say "I thought this was over", should we understand that the doubts you expressed in your early posts have now been laid to rest? I agree that it's very, very odd that this "first-generation" photo - complete with the EXIF data apparently confirming the McCanns' highly contentious timing - should have arrived now, all these months later, from an obscure source with pro-McCann tendencies.
HarveyHumphries
You're Nicked

Postby sans_souci » Tue May 20, 2008 11:09 am

I think this thread illustrates that it is inadvisable to base any opinion on digital photographic evidence. Just too easy to manipulate, and it is impossible to tell who has been manipulating what and for what ends.
sans_souci
Local Lag

Postby Dikkie » Tue May 20, 2008 12:28 pm

Certainly the clearest version of that photo I have seen. And lo and behold it looks fine to me - cant see any sign of tampering, doctoring (excuse pun) or anything else. As for shadow angle . . . . well you know if I sit with the sun in the sky shining down on me and i move my head up or down do you know the length of my shadow that falls on my chest changes..... amazing isnt it ??
Dikkie
New In Town

Postby gestalt » Tue May 20, 2008 12:34 pm

mirameauII wrote:gestalt was paranoid from his first posting on - I exchanged some pm with him and as I wrote over the topic at board , he meant, I had stolen the topic from him. he has occupied the last photo thread on the mirrorforum and a few user were the opinion, gestalt is a double ID of theauthor. he still means, he has patented those photo threads. what will he be doing if it turn out that the last photo is genuine?

Mirameau, why do you persist in stalking me like this? It's been about six months now. Each time you do it you limp away, sometimes throwing you rattle out, sometimes resigning. I don't know where you are anymore and I'm certain you can't follow what's going on so for the sake of everyone on here, if you can't accept reality just go away.

miffed wrote:
gestalt wrote:Please tell me why a post that was here a few minutes ago has disappeared without trace.

gestalt - it was me - I changed my mind as I thought I was being a bit off topic. I was questioning Twiglet1963's statement that most of us don't care about the truth, which I don't agree with. I deleted it because it's not really on topic. Another time on another thread maybe.

Your concern seems to be the timing of the arrival of this photo and it's source. Very mysterious.

Sorry - I've been somewhat stupid, I thought there was more afoot and it turns out it was me. I saw you post, started a reply and then poof. I didn't want to post the quote until I knew why it went, I couldn't post a reply to nothing!

I agree with Twiglet, some don't seem to care about truth although I've note heard anyone actually come out and say that. Many seem to recreate the truth, ignore logic or evidence that falsifies it.

My concern is, as you say with the timing of the appearance of the picture and I am talking steps to secure this.

cynical_tourist wrote:
What is this - "Have a go at Gestalt" week? :lol:
Strange statements in your post as I do not remember Gestalt from MF - if wrong I stand corrected

The last photo IS in all probability genuine. And Gestalt, like many other professionals here (that is professionals, not pro!!!) has been trying to educate the amateur doubters.
SO... to answer your question "what will he be doing if it turn out that the last photo is genuine?"
I guess not posting very much :wink: :lol:

Thanks CyT. This irritant has tracked me from the MF were I rarely ventured outside the Last Photo thread. You didn't see the woodentops? remind me! :shock:

As far as not posting very much, I thought that the Last Photo was on its way out (again) and I could retire; but other threads have kept me very busy.

mercedes2 wrote:Thanks ct, not sure that the probabilities will be taken on board though.

Where will this leave the 2nd scenario?

Shouldn't there be some Hitchcock music playing in the background for that?ETA :) :)

sans_souci wrote:I think this thread illustrates that it is inadvisable to base any opinion on digital photographic evidence. Just too easy to manipulate, and it is impossible to tell who has been manipulating what and for what ends.

True.... We're agreeing again. Spooky
Last edited by gestalt on Tue May 20, 2008 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gestalt
First Time Offender

Postby gestalt » Tue May 20, 2008 12:37 pm

Dikkie wrote:Certainly the clearest version of that photo I have seen. And lo and behold it looks fine to me - cant see any sign of tampering, doctoring (excuse pun) or anything else. As for shadow angle . . . . well you know if I sit with the sun in the sky shining down on me and i move my head up or down do you know the length of my shadow that falls on my chest changes..... amazing isnt it ??

Another revelation for you - lean back an forwards... fun isn't it. Don't do them both together too much, it will either make you dizzy or you'll bring on a Magali.
gestalt
First Time Offender

Postby Reggie Dunlop » Tue May 20, 2008 12:56 pm

Dikkie wrote: As for shadow angle . . . . well you know if I sit with the sun in the sky shining down on me and i move my head up or down do you know the length of my shadow that falls on my chest changes..... amazing isnt it ??

And that's the problem. Even the slightest movement of your head backwards and forwards moves the shadow several inches up and down your chest.
Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Reggie Dunlop
Suspect

Postby miffed » Tue May 20, 2008 1:26 pm

gestalt - my apologies regarding the vanishing post. :oops:

I think a lot of us are hanging on to hopes of finding out the truth, more than wanting to finding the parents guilty. And that's what I disagree with twiglet1963 about.

Since the PJ have said Madeleine is dead, we can discount the 'abduction truth' as spun by Clarence Mitchell and try work with whatever clues come our way. Note, I did not say, believe them.
miffed
On Parole

Postby Snivelling Mole » Tue May 20, 2008 1:55 pm

gestalt wrote:
vancouver1 wrote:1. At the spot where Gerry's left forearm passes down behind Amelie's left shoulder, what do we think the shadowy dark area is just above Amelie's shoulder? It looks at first glance to be a shadow on the rock wall behind Gerry's arm, but on closer inspection it looks to be not part of the wall, but a separate dark coloured object or "thing".

I think it is a shadow on the wall.

vancouver1 wrote:2. Zooming in to Amelie's neck, just below her left ear, there is a peculiar outgrowth of skin-coloured material. It doesn't look like anything that should be there. Do we have any ideas what it might be?

Looks like a lock of hair curled into the neck

vancouver1 wrote:3. If Amelie's shirt casts a shadow onto Gerry's left thigh, and Gerry's right hand and forearm cast a shadow onto his own right thigh, then why doesn't his left leg cast any kind of shadow onto the pool edge between his legs, or onto his right leg

I think the shadow is from her hat not the shirt: the angle fits Image

is the shadow above the rock wall on the grass not from an umbrella/sun shade thing? theres a post there that suggests there may be one but then where is the rest of the shadow cast by this?
Attention. Pay attention. No mention. A sickest array. A mission. An admission. Ignition. Detonate.

Erase/Replace - Foo Fighters
Snivelling Mole
Hardened Criminal

Postby sprat » Tue May 20, 2008 1:59 pm

Snivelling Mole wrote:is the shadow above the rock wall on the grass not from an umbrella/sun shade thing? theres a post there that suggests there may be one but then where is the rest of the shadow cast by this?

are you saying that the M's spent the best part of a week photoshopping the Last Photo merely to conceal a shadow from an umbrella?
sprat
Been Cautioned

Re: The Last Photo, another theory :?

Postby mirameauII » Tue May 20, 2008 2:29 pm

yes, and the last photo thread is all about "einer traurigen gestalt" :lol:

it's all diversion - the whole case is a hoax - it's clarence's job to experiment with the people, it's called communication science or just PR
mirameauII
You're Nicked

PreviousNext

Return to Justice for Madeleine