Danny Collins Book

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

Danny Collins Book

Postby Faithlilly » Sun May 11, 2008 10:57 pm

Has anyone seen Danny Collins book yet called Vanished. It was supposed to have been on sale from the 5th of May but as yet I have seen no mention of it anywhere. Although I have the feeling there will be nothing new within the covers, not with the lawyers watching, you just never know what may slip through the net.
Faithlilly
New In Town

Re: Danny Collins Book

Postby redsquare » Sun May 11, 2008 11:21 pm

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_w_h ... &x=13&y=15

Looks like it's gone/going straight to paperback - not seen it in the shops yet.
redsquare
Been Cautioned

Postby Faithlilly » Sun May 11, 2008 11:25 pm

Thanks Redsquare. I thought I may have imagined it for a minute there
Faithlilly
New In Town

Postby redsquare » Sun May 11, 2008 11:46 pm

Faithlilly wrote:Thanks Redsquare. I thought I may have imagined it for a minute there

As you may be aware, this book has been advertised in advance of its release date for some time, so it's difficult to see what it can bring that is new to the case. I suspect it will follow the track left by Robert Downing. Anyway, we'll see...

Incidentally, would he have had to gain permission from the McCanns to use Madeleine's picture on the front? If so, that may answer our question about what the contents of the book will tell us!
redsquare
Been Cautioned

Postby JillyComeLately » Sun May 11, 2008 11:49 pm

redsquare wrote:
Faithlilly wrote:Thanks Redsquare. I thought I may have imagined it for a minute there

As you may be aware, this book has been advertised in advance of its release date for some time, so it's difficult to see what it can bring that is new to the case. I suspect it will follow the track left by Robert Downing. Anyway, we'll see...

Incidentally, would he have had to gain permission from the McCanns to use Madeleine's picture on the front? If so, that may answer our question about what the contents of the book will tell us!

I read a review that said although it was unofficial, it was straight out of Camp McCann, so I shan't be wasting my money on it.
"It is a fact that in the right formation, the lifting power of many wings can achieve twice the distance of any bird flying alone."
JillyComeLately
Mafia Boss

Postby mr bluesky » Fri May 30, 2008 2:51 pm

I saw this book in Waterstones today and started reading it .

It is mostly written from a factual account but there are lots of interesting bits - I wouldnt say if he is pro or not - He does seem to have a lot of contacts and knowledge about the case and the area -

He doesnt state the case one way or the other - but leaves the reader to make up their own mind .

I sat down and speed read most of the book in about 40 minutes - wasnt too taxing.

Couple of points that jumped out at me - He states that the only blood discobered in the appt was minute spots and when tested was found to be from a male

He also thinks an abduction was the least likely of all the theories - but didnt rule it out . I didnt realy get the impression he knew one way or another . But i would say if you are interested in the case it should make interested reading
mr bluesky
Suspect

Postby isis » Fri May 30, 2008 3:33 pm

The book by Robert Downing is an absolute joke imo, it says in the preface " all information,including directquotes,has come solely from articles printed in the Daily Express and Sunday Express Newspapers" :roll: they obviously left out the bits that got them sued.
truth is always a casualty.
isis
Mafia Boss

Postby justwatching » Fri May 30, 2008 4:44 pm

Just checked this book out on Amazon - 15% of sales goes to the fund, publisher John Blake has also pledged a substantial donation to the fund. In the preface it describes - "Mum and dad, the strong, silent heartthrob consultant Gerry and the cool and lissom Kate, beautiful in her grief, but never red eyed and blotchy. It is the stuff of fantasy with the frail mother victimised by a cruel and arrogant Cheif Inspector of police with a reputation for long lunches and throwing female suspects...."
It doesn't allow me to read anymore - thankfully, but I think we can see the angle the author is coming from :?
justwatching
New In Town

Return to Justice for Madeleine