MAIN MADELEINE THREAD MK V

Madeleine Beth McCann went missing from PDL in Portugal on the 3rd May 2007, there are so many unanswered questions, please discuss

MAIN MADELEINE THREAD MK V

Postby Dreyfus » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:04 pm

Whatever wrote:
Dreyfus wrote:Here's the rebuttal from Clarrie on the Sky website:

The McCanns' spokesman, Clarence Mitchell, denied a report that Kate McCann criticises the holiday firm in the documentary over the lack of a room listening service.

He told Sky News online: "She hasn't attacked them. It's a passing reference in a two-hour documentary. In an ideal world there would have been a listening service but that wasn't the case. She's not dwelling on this point."

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,, ... 52,00.html

So this week it's a "passing reference".
Madeleine's question to her mum was a "breezy aside".

What's the matter with this man, doesn't he speak English? A reproach is a reproach.

How is a listening service 'an ideal world'? has Pinky got piglets?

This remark of Clarrie's belongs alongside his comment the other week that the McCanns were incredibly "unlucky" to have lost Madeleine, when they had actually upped the checking routine on the night of 3rd May (supposedly). He just doesn't realise that the only person who was truly "unlucky" in all this was Madeleine herself.

He and the McCanns will go on making gaffes like these because they just don't get it - Madeleine is a human being who deserves to be treated with respect and dignity as a person in her own right, she's not just an object which is the personal property of the McCanns and which has happened to go missing, rather like a piece of luggage from Terminal 5.

It's funny, looking out earlier in the evening light at one of the first fine spring evenings of the year, it really took me back to a year ago, and here we are, having come full circle, back to the start - talking about neglect. It was always about the neglect, that was our starting point. In the words of the American journalist someone quoted: "Was the paella worth it, Mrs McCann?"
Dreyfus
First Time Offender

Re: MAIN MADELEINE THREAD MK V

Postby Ismellarat » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:07 pm

Dreyfus wrote: In the words of the American journalist someone quoted: "Was the paella worth it, Mrs McCann?"

T'was Chris Freind on the 15/05/2007:

hope you don't mind me quoting the whole paragraph Dreyfus:

Quote:
I don't care if such a custom is commonplace in Europe. I don't care if 99.9 percent of the time, everything works out fine. It's stupid, careless and criminal, and I hope after Madeleine is found, the parents are brought up on charges. They must be made an example of what happens when parents abdicate the responsibility of actually parenting. The McCann's are singlehandedly responsible for this situation, and they should not be let off the hook under the rationale that "they have already suffered enough."
Tell Madeleine about the odds. Tell her about "suffering".
Hope the paella was worth it, Mr. and Mrs. McCann.
Unquote

Source:

http://www.thebulletin.us/site/news.cfm?newsid=18342147
Ismellarat
First Time Offender

Postby bjr » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:09 pm

Last two posts from previous thread have been copied here. Please keep this thread on topic. Any further attempts to derail the thread into a slanging match between posters will result in either a warning issued or a 24hr ban being issued.

Just remember this thread is about Madeleine and not about us and our views on each other.
To my critics
When I'm in a sober mood, I worry, work and think,
When I'm in a drunken mood, I gamble, play and drink,
But when my moods are over and my time has come to pass,
I hope I'm buried upside down, so the world may kiss my ar*e
bjr

Postby Dreyfus » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:20 pm

Ismellarat wrote:
Dreyfus wrote: In the words of the American journalist someone quoted: "Was the paella worth it, Mrs McCann?"

T'was Chris Freind on the 15/05/2007:

hope you don't mind me quoting the whole paragraph Dreyfus:

Quote:
I don't care if such a custom is commonplace in Europe. I don't care if 99.9 percent of the time, everything works out fine. It's stupid, careless and criminal, and I hope after Madeleine is found, the parents are brought up on charges. They must be made an example of what happens when parents abdicate the responsibility of actually parenting. The McCann's are singlehandedly responsible for this situation, and they should not be let off the hook under the rationale that "they have already suffered enough."
Tell Madeleine about the odds. Tell her about "suffering".
Hope the paella was worth it, Mr. and Mrs. McCann.
Unquote

Source:

http://www.thebulletin.us/site/news.cfm?newsid=18342147

Thanks for digging out the whole quote, Ismellarat. I could only recall (part) of the last line, but remembered it was brilliant.
Dreyfus
First Time Offender

Postby Ismellarat » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:28 pm

Dreyfus wrote:I could only recall (part) of the last line, but remembered it was brilliant.

No bother Dreyfus..I just copied your exact phrase 'bout paella.and google delivered..

this guy delivered some good pieces early on...but then sunk without a trace..suppose
the US did (naturally) not respond vehemently enough...

and a chap has to earn a crust after all :D

Strewth..I used to recite Rilke before I joined this forum malarkey..now I'm a right cynic :D
Ismellarat
First Time Offender

Postby batperson » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:32 pm

So, who leaked the Standard/Mail "Kate criticises Mark Warner" story from the ITV doc, or did the ES/DM have a review copy and deliberately pick this out?

.batperson
batperson
You're Nicked

Postby Dreyfus » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:35 pm

batperson wrote:So, who leaked the Standard/Mail "Kate criticises Mark Warner" story from the ITV doc, or did the ES/DM have a review copy and deliberately pick this out?

.batperson

Must be the PJ. It always is.
Dreyfus
First Time Offender

Postby T4two » Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:46 pm

Dreyfus wrote:
batperson wrote:So, who leaked the Standard/Mail "Kate criticises Mark Warner" story from the ITV doc, or did the ES/DM have a review copy and deliberately pick this out?

.batperson

Must be the PJ. It always is.

Review copy presumably; all bleating the same. http://tinyurl.com/4jqmbu
... the kids were once again whisked off to the kid's club to give their parents another session of "me time".
T4two
You're Nicked

Postby benidicta » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:35 pm

it had to be the p j , :)
SUNSHINE
MOONLIGHT
GOODTIMES
BUGGY
THEY JUST CANT HELP THEMSELVES
benidicta
First Time Offender

Postby elevencats » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 am

.batperson

Don't know but its also in one of the free London evening papers that are handed out at stations. There must be thousands of copies of it out there.
elevencats
New In Town

Postby Chinagirl » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:09 am

About KM blaming Mark Warner for not supplying a listening service. I seem to recall a newspaper article very early on in which her mother (Mrs Healy) stated that Kate had expressed uneasiness about the children before the holiday as "there was no listening service." Can anyone else recall this?

I have no doubt that the McCann parents were well aware BEFORE the holiday exactly what the situation was with regard to after hours child care. If they didn't want to put the children in the evening creche, or stay in themselves, they could have and should have hired a baby-sitter. They knew this before they ever arrived in PDL, and there is NO excuse for leaving their children unattended.

However, having said that, the neglect is not an issue, as I don't believe she was abducted.
Chinagirl
Suspect

Postby SirRobert » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:10 am

Nice to see Oldfield grilled mercilessly, now she has decided to break the 'secrecy laws' which the McCann Crew have been so rigorously observing. Not.

And all the new evidence she has put into the public domain! Not.

And her explanation of the discrepancy between her account of when the McCs arrived at the tapas bar and Mr & Mrses own account. Not.

And her attack on the PJ conduct of the case - yawn - especially with all the assistance she has been so keen to give over the last year.

I look forward to ALL the Tapas Scum now 'breaking their silence' on television and being grilled on the main outstanding issues.

Such as where on earth is the child they took with them to Portugal and left behind there, somewhere, while they were boozing?

Or are we just going to to get a new snippet from the big 'We're Not Guilty - Honest Guv' documentary every day for a week now?

Lovely. I believe every single word they say. Fully. Totally. Completely. They have my absolute confidence.
Everything undesigned or unexpected is not an accident (C A Russell KC, 1910)
SirRobert
Suspect

Postby Ismellarat » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:18 am

Did anyone hear Rachael on Radio 4 this morn...a trailer for tonight's radio 4 show?

What a snotty voice...only having seen pics of her before...I must admit she's not unattractive...in a
bambi..meets bunnyboiler kinda way

....but that suburban, nasal voice..is going to grate on me tonight at 8 pm.

What she said was the usual yadda..btw....moaning about the PJ telling the Tapasniks about secrecy and that anyone breaking the secrecy could go to the clink for 2 years....yet all these horrid stories coming out......
Ismellarat
First Time Offender

Postby SirRobert » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:26 am

Ismellarat wrote:Did anyone hear Rachael on Radio 4 this morn...a trailer for tonight's radio 4 show?

What a snotty voice...only having seen pics of her before...I must admit she's not unattractive...in a
bambi..meets bunnyboiler kinda way

....but that suburban, nasal voice..is going to grate on me tonight at 8 pm.

What she said was the usual yadda..btw....moaning about the PJ telling the Tapasniks about secrecy and that anyone breaking the secrecy could go to the clink for 2 years....yet all these horrid stories coming out......

I didn't realise it was a Radio show trailer. My God, even on radio no one is allowed to ask the real questions of the Tapas Crew.

Selective 'breaking' of the secrecy laws - what self-respecting journalist WOULDN'T want to ask all the pertinent questions, taking that great opportunity to open it all up?

Obviously all the journalists at the Beeb, that's who.
Everything undesigned or unexpected is not an accident (C A Russell KC, 1910)
SirRobert
Suspect

Postby Ismellarat » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:29 am

[quote="SirRobertI didn't realise it was a Radio show trailer. My God, even on radio no one is allowed to ask the real questions of the Tapas Crew.

Selective 'breaking' of the secrecy laws - what self-respecting journalist WOULDN'T want to ask all the pertinent questions, taking that great opportunity to open it all up?

Obviously all the journalists at the Beeb, that's who.[/quote]

Hello dear Sir, :D

what was more worrying about that trailer IMO was the presenter talking about a 'sauce' close to the investigation telling him that all lines of inquiry INCLUDING abduction are still open and being investigated....suppose that'll be the general tenor of the show tonight...
but just like the 'Woman's hour' programme I suppose we'll have to listen out for the subtext.
Ismellarat
First Time Offender

Next

Return to Justice for Madeleine